Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Dazzler21 said:

Turnbull and Anders Lingaard rumoured to have been touted to Charlton... No confirmation on interest shown and straight from Kent Live which means it's likely already in this thread.

Would like Lindegaard very much, more so than Martin ( not because hes a bad keeper ) just feel the pedigree is there with Lindegaard.

Not seen much of Turnbull but read he can be inconsistent and we would also be overloaded in CB's. Unless there gonna convert him to LB??
    Not Ross Turnbull the former Boro and Chelsea keeper?
    Jordan Turnbull from Coventry ( I believe ) as ive seen that story floating around.. Coventry fans feel he was inconsistent though!
  • Dazzler21 said:

Turnbull and Anders Lingaard rumoured to have been touted to Charlton... No confirmation on interest shown and straight from Kent Live which means it's likely already in this thread.

Would like Lindegaard very much, more so than Martin ( not because hes a bad keeper ) just feel the pedigree is there with Lindegaard.

Not seen much of Turnbull but read he can be inconsistent and we would also be overloaded in CB's. Unless there gonna convert him to LB??
    I would assume its Jordan Turnbull (Coventry CB) as he has been linked before. CB really has to be the last position we need at the minute until at least a couple are offloaded.
    We don't need any CBs

Coventry were relegated, after letting in 68 goals last season, 15 more than us, so it's hard to see him being an improvement, unless he was a one man defence, surrounded by poor players
  • Anyway I was talking to this cab driver who had been talking to Rio Ferdinand who had been talking to some foreign geezer who had been zzzzzzzzz
  • edited July 2017

Dazzler21 said:

Released by Leeds. Leeds fans I know don't rate him.
  • edited July 2017

Dazzler21 said:

No.......Bill Turnbull, the BBC presenter.
    Thank god for that... Would prefer it if we signed Bill over Ross Turnbull who is terrible, another Brad Jones.

If Charlton are a club that can produce Goalkeepers, Middlesbrough appears the sort that produce shite ones!!
  • Dazzler21 said:

I would assume its Jordan Turnbull (Coventry CB) as he has been linked before. CB really has to be the last position we need at the minute until at least a couple are offloaded.
    http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/coventry-city-defender-jordan-turnbull-13310469
  • folder said:

Mods can you please keep this on topic - im fed up of seeing 70 new posts daily, which are mainly made up of dross and include no information pertaining to transfer rumours.

Noted. If you do truly wish to debate CARD or the owners then please either open up an old thread or start a new one

Ta
  • cabbles said:

folder said:

Mods can you please keep this on topic - im fed up of seeing 70 new posts daily, which are mainly made up of dross and include no information pertaining to transfer rumours.

Noted. If you do truly wish to debate CARD or the owners then please either open up an old thread or start a new one

Ta
    I second this. And if we could only have posts about what other people should be posting that'll be great...
  • Dazzler21 said:

We don't need any CBs

Coventry were relegated, after letting in 68 goals last season, 15 more than us, so it's hard to see him being an improvement, unless he was a one man defence, surrounded by poor players
    no we certainly don't, hence my point.

Think its harsh to write a player off just because Coventry were relegated though. Plenty of teams have been relegated with good defenders/keeper, just look at Pickford last season who ended up with a 30 mil transfer. Burnley weren't far off with Keane aswell.

• Dazzler21 said:

We don't need any CBs

Page was part of their defence last season wasn't he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

We don't need any CBs

Think its harsh to write a player off just because Coventry were relegated though. Plenty of teams have been relegated with good defenders/keeper, just look at Pickford last season who ended up with a 30 mil transfer. Burnley weren't far off with Keane aswell.
    Unless Karl reckons he can offload Sarr and that Tex and or Bauer may leave. May be planning for that..
  • Dazzler21 said:

We don't need any CBs

Unless Karl reckons he can offload Sarr and that Tex and or Bauer may leave. May be planning for that..
    We currently have 6 CBs so can certainly allow 2 to leave before considering signing one in.
  • Not sure why Beeney didn't play yesterday? On his way? Released but not on OS?
  • Dazzler21 said:

We don't need any CBs

We currently have 6 CBs so can certainly allow 2 to leave before considering signing one in.
    Agree. But it may be the case that he doesn't consider one of them as part of the squad (Sarr) so it only really needs one to leave before we need one in. There may be movement behind the scenes we aren't aware of. I can imagine they will still be keen to get Tex's wages off the books and probably Bauers too.

Especially as he has suggested that Pearce and Konsa look likely to be our first choice CB pairing.
  • Not sure why Beeney didn't play yesterday? On his way? Released but not on OS?

Playing for under 23's back here in England

I think he is playing for the U23s tonight.
  • Dazzler21 said:

We don't need any CBs

Agree. But it may be the case that he doesn't consider one of them as part of the squad (Sarr) so it only really needs one to leave before we need one in. There may be movement behind the scenes we aren't aware of. I can imagine they will still be keen to get Tex's wages off the books and probably Bauers too.

Especially as he has suggested that Pearce and Konsa look likely to be our first choice CB pairing.
    Disagree, we could let 2 leave and be fine, I would assume Robbo hopes that's Tex and Sarr
  • Roland Card is a highly rated left back who could be tempted from the Belgium third tier

Not very good but would be an ideal scapegoat for a fourth season of failure and incompetence.
  • The reason we will not offload Tex to bolster the squad in vital areas is that he was offered a very long contract (four and a half years!!) on a vastly inflated salary because his signing was a pre-condition for Jose Riga excepting the job of saving us from relegation in January 2016. Tex could demand any deal because he had no wish to move from Standard Liege and must have known Ms Nightmeire is an idiot, so who can blame him?

Anyone know what his salary is ?

In a the ensuing shambles, we were relegated anyway, Riga left, Tex stayed, Slade joined and it was another new era.

No other club will match such a generous deal and and he must have little wish to be here except to reap the rewards of what must be the most ridiculous contract in League 1 football.

Just another part of the tragic record of this ownership's previous incompetence which is still having an impact on the coming season and this transfer rumours thread .

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017

The reason we will not offload Tex to bolster the squad in vital areas is that he was offered a very long contract (four and a half years!!) on a vastly inflated salary because his signing was a pre-condition for Jose Riga excepting the job of saving us from relegation in January 2016. Tex could demand any deal because he had no wish to move from Standard Liege and must have known Ms Nightmeire is an idiot, so who can blame him?

In a the ensuing shambles, we were relegated anyway, Riga left, Tex stayed, Slade joined and it was another new era.

No other club will match such a generous deal and and he must have little wish to be here except to reap the rewards of what must be the most ridiculous contract in League 1 football.

Just another part of the tragic record of this ownership's previous incompetence which is still having an impact on the coming season and this transfer rumours thread .

The worry is that alot of the inflated contracts given to players we now cannot shift (unless we want to pay 50%+ of their wages and loan them out....which in most cases wouldn't be worth it) run to 2019/2020.....so our chances of success will be restricted by this problem for the next 3 yrs before we're in a position to really rebuild and utilise the good budget we have effectively.

When KM first came here she raved about how she had changed he team from being on short contracts (which she felt was a problem as it caused high turnover and uncertainty) to a team on long contracts. That was obviously an action of someone massively inexperienced as it only makes sense to have your best proven players or young potential stars on long contracts....the rest are easily replaceable and should be on short term deals and forced to earn a better/longer deal.

Despite my point above. I would still loan out/sell Ajose. I can see Tex being useful but I dont see Nicky adding anything to the way KR wants to play and getting ahead of Watt, Fosu, KAG etc. If letting him go frees up wages to sign Stewart (who would offer us far more) then it would be a good move.
  • The reason we will not offload Tex to bolster the squad in vital areas is that he was offered a very long contract (four and a half years!!) on a vastly inflated salary because his signing was a pre-condition for Jose Riga excepting the job of saving us from relegation in January 2016. Tex could demand any deal because he had no wish to move from Standard Liege and must have known Ms Nightmeire is an idiot, so who can blame him?

Far from ideal but if we are are stuck with Jorge and he is stuck with us then the only benefit to either party is for him to play and give the team the benefit of his undoubted ability.

• edited July 2017
    The salary at the time wasn't over the top, 12k is amount we pay our top players in the Champ. The length of the contract was the mistake. I think we may see Tex play RB more often this season.
  • edited July 2017
    My understanding is that Tex was headed for the US. Meire couldn't match the per annum salary he would get there, so she offered him a similar total amount but spread over a longer period. Of course, whether the money she was told he could have got elsewhere was accurate or a negotiating ploy we will never know.

Redhenry, £12k a week was a big salary for Charlton to pay in the Championship. Ricardo Fuller got it last time around, but not even Kermorgant did. Some of our best players were on about half that.
  • Yes I meant our top players, usually only one player would in the squad got that amount pre Roland.
  • I can't see the problem with Tex - he's a decent player & also scores the odd goal from a corner (and not with his head, mainly with his feet) , If we can't sell him to get his wages off the payroll then play him - Him, Bauer, Pearce & Konsa (with lennon in reserve) are a decent set of defenders in this league.
  • I can't see the problem with Tex - he's a decent player & also scores the odd goal from a corner (and not with his head, mainly with his feet) , If we can't sell him to get his wages off the payroll then play him - Him, Bauer, Pearce & Konsa (with lennon in reserve) are a decent set of defenders in this league.

It's just a waste, we don't need 5 CBs and leaving 2 out of Konsa, Pearce, Bauer and Tex every week won't be easy.

I would prefer to have Bauer/Konsa to the right and Lennon/Pearce to the left competing. Allowing Sarr and Tex to leave will help us get a balanced squad.

We all know RD and KM won't allow a quality side of 23/24 if 6 of them are CB's and Tex on a wage of 12k.

It's just a waste, we don't need 5 CBs and leaving 2 out of Konsa, Pearce, Bauer and Tex every week won't be easy.

I would prefer to have Bauer/Konsa to the right and Lennon/Pearce to the left competing. Allowing Sarr and Tex to leave will help us get a balanced squad.

We all know RD and KM won't allow a quality side of 23/24 if 6 of them are CB's and Tex on a wage of 12k.
    It will be easier if Konsa has been sold.