Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• luke1 said:

luke1 said:

luke1 said:

Nah I'm with Holmes, stop it. CARD has done more damage than Roland in my opinion. Roland won't be around forever but The fans CARD have pursuaded to stay away or fans fed up with match day protests might be lost forever. Not here for an argument, Just my opinion.

You for real.
    Yeah I don't like Roland as much as anyone else, but I don't agree with the manner of the protests. Not the only one bud, quite a few of us.
    in what way?
    As I explained, I think telling fans to stay away will result in fans lost forever. People will find better ways to spend there Saturdays. Don't have the answers but not attending has done no favours for the future of cafc in my oppinion. Anyway this is transfer rumour thread, I know my opinion isn't shared by most of you, but I'll be the first to put my hands up if I'm wrong and ppl do come back once his gone.
    Fans will come back once they feel that the owner has the best interests of the club at heart and I don't mean that is just about winning.

We are not Charlton fans because we demand success. At present our owner has no interest in the club other than satisfying his madcap experiment. If you want proof that he couldn't give a shit tell me when he last came and watched a game ?

So when the team start winning, what difference would it make, whether he came or not?
    Just my opinion, but I could not care less.
    I just want a successful, promotion winning team.
    I want a successful, promotion winning team too.

I think there is more chance of that with proper owners and a competent CEO as has been proved last season, the season before that and the season before that.
    That was not what I said.
    What I said was "what difference does it make, whether Roland is there or not?".
  • Robinson promised a couple of things to get excited about, this is just one. Outrageous behaviour!

We have some very exciting wingers now and if Kashi stays and we sign Reeves that is a very good midfield for this level. Just imagine an in-form Mag in the middle as the opposition's box is peppered with crosses.
  • luke1 said:

luke1 said:

luke1 said:

Nah I'm with Holmes, stop it. CARD has done more damage than Roland in my opinion. Roland won't be around forever but The fans CARD have pursuaded to stay away or fans fed up with match day protests might be lost forever. Not here for an argument, Just my opinion.

You for real.
    Yeah I don't like Roland as much as anyone else, but I don't agree with the manner of the protests. Not the only one bud, quite a few of us.
    in what way?
    As I explained, I think telling fans to stay away will result in fans lost forever. People will find better ways to spend there Saturdays. Don't have the answers but not attending has done no favours for the future of cafc in my oppinion. Anyway this is transfer rumour thread, I know my opinion isn't shared by most of you, but I'll be the first to put my hands up if I'm wrong and ppl do come back once his gone.
    Fans will come back once they feel that the owner has the best interests of the club at heart and I don't mean that is just about winning.

We are not Charlton fans because we demand success. At present our owner has no interest in the club other than satisfying his madcap experiment. If you want proof that he couldn't give a shit tell me when he last came and watched a game ?

So when the team start winning, what difference would it make, whether he came or not?
    Just my opinion, but I could not care less.
    I just want a successful, promotion winning team.
    I want a successful, promotion winning team too.

I think there is more chance of that with proper owners and a competent CEO as has been proved last season, the season before that and the season before that.
    That was not what I said.
    What I said was "what difference does it make, whether Roland is there or not?".
    Actually, no you didn't say that but no if it doesn't matter if Roland is there or not then it doesn't matter if the protesters are there or not.

Yet there are constant pleas for fans to stop protesting and to attend games.

Point is Roland not attending sends a clear message that Charlton means very little to him, a fact he has himself confirmed. I don't think that is a good situation for the club.
  • Robinson promised a couple of things to get excited about, this is just one. Outrageous behaviour!

We have some very exciting wingers now and if Kashi stays and we sign Reeves that is a very good midfield for this level. Just imagine an in-form Mag in the middle as the opposition's box is peppered with crosses.

Reeves would be a good signing in a position that has been lacking for the last few seasons. Given that he ain't signed & the contract offer is reported on cafc picks as not being that much above MK Dons, it would be a surprise. Hope there is a plan B if he doesn't sign.
  • The thing is when could Roland actually even attend a game even if he wanted to?

It's almost an impossible situation, if he turns up the club could have a riot on it's hands and if he doesn't turn up the clock of absence keeps on ticking, all his own doing of course.
  • edited July 2017
    luke1 said:

Respect the fact your not looking for an argument @luke1 . Genuine question - don't you think criticising/blaming CARD is treating the symptoms and not the problem? If so, how can you justify that as the correct stance to take?
  • Sponsored links:

• luke1 said:

And this weeks prick of the week award goes to...........
  • I hear we had 5,800 season ticket holders last year. If management was gone and SCP was back.... anyone venture a guess at how many would be sold? Double?
  • Transfers please.

P.s CARD have definitely persuaded some people to stay away.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Transfers please.

P.s CARD have definitely persuaded some people to stay away.

How?
  • luke1 said:

And this weeks prick of the week award goes to...........
    Harsh, he is entitled to his opinion.
    Agreed, enough of that anyway, back to rumours.
  • Okay more so people supporting CARD have in fairness.

It's been a case of those supporting CARD shaming fans for not only attending but also buying any food or drink for their families at the same time.

Not saying I have a problem with it.

All been a hoax I'm afraid. Holmes is joining Walford FC. Speaking to manager Robbie as we speak.
  • edited July 2017

The thing is when could Roland actually even attend a game even if he wanted to?

It's almost an impossible situation, if he turns up the club could have a riot on it's hands and if he doesn't turn up the clock of absence keeps on ticking, all his own doing of course.

I went on-line to book a hotel for Exeter away (yes, I know). Booking.com told me the previous booking for the same hotel had been made from Belgium. I'll keep a look out.....
  • Another sad truth is a lot of season ticket holders won't return. They will have found other things to do with their Saturdays. I think it will be a lot of people too.

• Sponsored links:

• Well, we all figured that by now both Konsa and Holmes would be gone.

Instead, we've re-sign Holmes, still have Konsa and have added a couple of quality players.

If we get Reeves and Martin, this would be a shockingly good window compared to expectations.
  • Another derail as ever. Save Card debate for another thread please :)

Great news, squad coming together. Just waiting for the clearout :wink:
  • Martin hasn't gone back to Ireland. I wonder if we're looking elsewhere for a first choice keeper or if that was more to do with him not being insured to play games.

I think Martin would be an ok signing but he isn't going to be one of the best keepers in the league i.e. Rudd or Hamer level. I expect would could attract better.
  • People just can't admit that KM could do something right.. it's almost as if she isn't the devil
  • http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201707&date=20170710&time=2340

Says in here that Martin 'didn't travel' do we take that as back to Ireland after the weekend or just to the game?
  • http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201707&date=20170710&time=2340

Says in here that Martin 'didn't travel' do we take that as back to Ireland after the weekend or just to the game?

I take that as not going up to Ireland. That could mean that they're far apart on a deal, or it could mean a deal is very close and he stayed behind to finalize things (either contractually or personally).