Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Tony watt gone...will Novak go too?

care to elaborate?

Nice one. I can't believe your entirely credible link proves it too.
  • sam3110 said:

We need an experienced keeper, if not to be first choice to provide competition for Phillips. And a season loan loan (a la Rudd) could well suffice.

To save our tactical genius of a manager the trouble of scouting, I'll suggest some names:

1) Ben Hamer. Third choice at Leicester, not a hope in hell of playing in the first team (injury excepted) with Schmeichel at number 1.

2) Nick Pope. Third choice as well and as I understand it not setting any trees alight at Burnley

3) Darren Randolph. With Joe Hart's impending arrival, it's a season on the bench for him at best.

4) Rob Elliott - OK bit of a long shot as must still be in contention for a first team spot but hasn't he had a huge house built back down here? Would give him a chance to live in it!

Why does it have to be an ex player?

Amos, Lindegaard and Martin would all be decent signings
    Lindegaard would be great signing I think, bags of experience at a good level and potentially a good role model for younger keepers.
  • sam3110 said:

We need an experienced keeper, if not to be first choice to provide competition for Phillips. And a season loan loan (a la Rudd) could well suffice.

To save our tactical genius of a manager the trouble of scouting, I'll suggest some names:

1) Ben Hamer. Third choice at Leicester, not a hope in hell of playing in the first team (injury excepted) with Schmeichel at number 1.

2) Nick Pope. Third choice as well and as I understand it not setting any trees alight at Burnley

3) Darren Randolph. With Joe Hart's impending arrival, it's a season on the bench for him at best.

4) Rob Elliott - OK bit of a long shot as must still be in contention for a first team spot but hasn't he had a huge house built back down here? Would give him a chance to live in it!

Why does it have to be an ex player?

Amos, Lindegaard and Martin would all be decent signings
    It clearly doesn't.

I just think it would be good to get someone back who has played for the club before. Out of the 4 names, I'd jump at the chance of getting Hamer back particularly in the light of Chris Powell's comments about how good he was to have around the place.
  • edited July 2017

Dazzler21 said:

Tony watt gone...will Novak go too?

Sorry I haven't got a link from the most credible source that is Kent live.

Thought I'd post what I've heard but I'll let everyone keep talking about CARD on a transfer rumour thread.
    Good stuff. (Just yanking your chain as there's not even a mild sniff of a source in your post)

I have checked with the one guy I know that thinks he's in the know and he has not heard anything.

However he's been 50/50 so far in terms of reliability.

He's certain we will get DaSilva, he reckons Sarr i staying too.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would be surprised if Watt was gone as he got a large amount of game time over the 3 games in Ireland - wouldn't make sense to give him so many minutes if he was already out the door.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Thought I'd post what I've heard but I'll let everyone keep talking about CARD on a transfer rumour thread.
    Good stuff. (Just yanking your chain as there's not even a mild sniff of a source in your post)

I have checked with the one guy I know that thinks he's in the know and he has not heard anything.

Whats he think about Ceballos?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Just text him... waiting now.
  • I would be surprised if Watt was gone as he got a large amount of game time over the 3 games in Ireland - wouldn't make sense to give him so many minutes if he was already out the door.

Agreed he's pretty much the second Striker behind Magennis at the moment whilst also sharing No.10 roles with Clarke.
    I don't think Tony Watt fits a no10 in anyway. His passing is not good enough for starters, his movement isn't really any good. Another one who doesn't fit the system, good to hear he is getting his head down but don't think he fits in unless we change the system... which again won't happen

Agreed he's pretty much the second Striker behind Magennis at the moment whilst also sharing No.10 roles with Clarke.
    I don't think Tony Watt fits a no10 in anyway. His passing is not good enough for starters, his movement isn't really any good. Another one who doesn't fit the system, good to hear he is getting his head down but don't think he fits in unless we change the system... which again won't happen
    Ceballos however...

Ceballos?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Just text him... waiting now.
    He's not heard of any offers for loan or buy for Ceballos either. Apparently Ceballos wants to stay.
    Fingers crossed then... Even if Roland wants to ship him to St Truiden he's got to agree himself hasn't he?
  • Sponsored links:

Trouble is if he was fit for every League game and played every game... He couldnt play as a sole Striker as he's not the sort that'll chase after every nothing ball that is played up front, he'll quickly get bored and just stand there

I was too I hope it's not true as he seems determined to prove people wrong this season. However not long after I was told charlton was removed from his bio on twitter. I know that doesn't really mean much as he probably wants us to click on watttowatch but it goes along with what I've been told.

Hope it's all wrong but thought I'd share it.
  • Even stranger that he's retweeting about focusing now on the start of the season.
  • any of you lads know anymore about what Bowyer said regarding Konsa? that he will be off during the next month or so.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

I can think of one strong reason why Sarr is staying !
  • seth plum said:

When I saw Watt at Limerick he was certainly unsuited to the role I think he was expected to play. Yes he has skill, fitness is open to debate, but he does not seem to have the guile to weave the links the number 10 role seems to demand.
    Billy Clarke's parents were there up from Cork, and they and him were nice genuine people, but I was pretty disappointed with his play in the games I saw live and online.
    The playmaking advanced player is an issue. Maybe Cebellos is now strong enough and could be a poor man's Modric but he likes to get going from wider positions in more space. Incidentally Reeves does not occupy a central role when I have seen him. If Robinson is going to play this system the player that we currently have that seems best suited is Joe Aribo but his age and inexperience mean that making him a playmaker is a risk, he will be inconsistent for a few seasons. Mind you he could grow into the role.
    With Tony Watt the only credible position I see for him is a striker in a 442 system.

Forster-Caskey?
  • See Newcastle want Randolph we could then go for rob Elliot

Wages will be a huge problem with any loan from the premier league outside of kids like DaSilva and Mavididi. Rob is surely on 25k a week or more at Newcastle so even if they are prepared to pay half it would be crazy.

Wages will be a huge problem with any loan from the premier league outside of kids like DaSilva and Mavididi. Rob is surely on 25k a week or more at Newcastle so even if they are prepared to pay half it would be crazy.
    And he would never pick up a clean sheet bonus with us.