Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

uie2 said:

dickplumb said:

Reeves on the brink of joining Sheffield United. Source is a Twitter account.

We keep Holmes and Sheffield United pee us off by signing our main transfer target! !! Barstewards!!!!
    One of those unreliable Twitter accounts

If it's between him and Ceballos I'd rather Ceballos. I hope KR is going to go for players who can interchange in that front three because right now the following can play in the #10 role:
    JFC
    Ceballos
    Fosu
    Holmes
    Clarke
    Watt
    Aribo

I think the bigger question is who will nail down that spot, but we've got numbers to cover. I think the bigger hole is a back-up for Magennis that isn't Novak.
    Cebellos is the emperor's New clothes.
  • SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

uie2 said:

dickplumb said:

We keep Holmes and Sheffield United pee us off by signing our main transfer target! !! Barstewards!!!!

If it's between him and Ceballos I'd rather Ceballos. I hope KR is going to go for players who can interchange in that front three because right now the following can play in the #10 role:
    JFC
    Ceballos
    Fosu
    Holmes
    Clarke
    Watt
    Aribo

I think the bigger question is who will nail down that spot, but we've got numbers to cover. I think the bigger hole is a back-up for Magennis that isn't Novak.
    Based on what? Reeves is proven in League 1 and may end up signing for a Championship club.

Ceballos is 24 and only first experience he's had was a spell in Portugal, last season in Belgium and a few appearances for us.
  • edited July 2017
    Ceballos is here, Reeves could come in a be just as useless as the other newbies have appeared so far. (in friendlies anyway so not much to go on).
  • Hey, Hey, Hey, calm down. Robbo knows what he is doing.
  • New kit confirmed...

Tex, Bauer and Ceballos front to rear... Ahem.
  • Dazzler21 said:

New kit confirmed...

Looks like Whams latest album cover
  • Dazzler21 said:

New kit confirmed...

What are they doing in deckchairs?
    They should've been training hard during the day and then playing another pre-season friendly tonight against a side already playing competitive League fixtures.

• Sponsored links:

• Don't know how true this is ??
  • edited July 2017
    Very good for Barnet.
  • Mate's a Bristol City fan and I went to a couple of games when Akinde played. So bad. Like Bambi on ice.
    That was awhile ago I guess but he looked terrible back then.
  • He scored 80 goals in 130 games so pretty good return and he's a beast
  • Laddick01 said:

FAVADDICK said:

Don't know how true this is ??

Very reliable , these are the guys companies like Sky / BBC get information from.

Welcome John Akinde.
    Are they really so are you certain it's going to happen
  • edited July 2017
    Scoham said:

SDAddick said:

Scoham said:

uie2 said:

dickplumb said:

JFC
    Ceballos
    Fosu
    Holmes
    Clarke
    Watt
    Aribo

Based on what? Reeves is proven in League 1 and may end up signing for a Championship club.

Ceballos is 24 and only first experience he's had was a spell in Portugal, last season in Belgium and a few appearances for us.
    Ceballos came through at Barcelona and Spurs. In his brief stint at the start of 2015-16 I thought he looked decent. He didn't get a pre-season, then broke his foot and struggled to get back. He's been with us for a while, he seems more settled, and he's been head and shoulders above everyone else in pre-season thus far.

I think Reeves is a very good player at this level. I think he would have been a very good signing in January. But he still seems to be without a club ten weeks after the season ended, and to me it seems he might think he's worth more than he is. Apart from a handful of games at Southampton he's only played above League One one season. Again, good player at this level, but we have a lot of players in his position.
  • Laddick01 said:

FAVADDICK said:

Very reliable , these are the guys companies like Sky / BBC get information from.

Welcome John Akinde.
    Not sure if whoosh.....

• edited July 2017
    23 goals in 2015-16.
    Barnet then got him to sign a new 3-year contract - so he'll no doubt cost a fee.

• Sponsored links:

• Big strong centre forward, in the Magennis mould, so could be something in it.
  • Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

New kit confirmed...

They should've been training hard during the day and then playing another pre-season friendly tonight against a side already playing competitive League fixtures.

This is from last summer I believe.
  • SDAddick said:

Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

New kit confirmed...

This is from last summer I believe.
    It is.
  • FAVADDICK said:

Would be a good signing, but that account looks as reliable as KentLive
  • FAVADDICK said:

Would be a good signing, but that account looks as reliable as KentLive
    I don't really know just seems a bit weird just to pull his name out of the bag like that
  • FAVADDICK said:

Nope! I'm sure he joined someone else! Can't remember who though!
  • uie2 said:

FAVADDICK said:

No, he didn't. Doesn't make this anymore true though. Highly doubt it coming from that kind of account.
  • uie2 said:

FAVADDICK said:

No, he didn't. Doesn't make this anymore true though. Highly doubt it coming from that kind of account.
    Yea sorry just looked on Google, he's still at Barnet! Apologies
  • FAVADDICK said:

He scored 80 goals in 130 games so pretty good return and he's a beast

I can only tell you what I saw. Technically abysmal and way out of his depth. But he may have honed his skills in the past few years.
    Anyway it's probably bollocks. Just passing on a view.