Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017

Just hope this gets done before January and that he's not dragging his feet

Hate to say but if was Roland I'd drag it out till the Transfer Window and then cash in on Konsa / Holmes / Kashi / Sarr!!

Sssshh ffs! :wink:
  • Options

I am sitting across from Mark Schwartzer on a train back from Manchester should I ask him ?

If it was Shay Given I'd say yes
  • Options
    Q

Just hope this gets done before January and that he's not dragging his feet

Hate to say but if was Roland I'd drag it out till the Transfer Window and then cash in on Konsa / Holmes / Kashi / Sarr!!

Interesting how Kashi and Sarr are now assists.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Look out for anyone in the directors box

Apart from anyone sitting beneath a "The Liar" sign you mean?

The picture of the Liar bedsheet nestling on squrrel's beak should be the final post of the "Belgians have gone" thread.

Still not found the couple responsible so I can buy them a drink.
    Was me and @DaveMehmet
    Mehmet can have both for suffering you as a mate.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

there is something happening and the silence from the club is relavant. Its not going at the pace we would all like i.e. instant but I am certain from speaking to a number of people that this is neither a rumour by some internet nobody or a ploy to prop up flagging fanzine sales.

It may yet change course or take longer than we hope but it is not a non story and the notion that they are here for the long run is n9t true.

I would rather the silence from da cloooooob then bam, all signed and sealed.

Many beers for us long suffering fans that night.
  • Options
    All he said was afc interest had gone cold and there was was a lease agreement for the ground mooted

Nice guy
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

The picture of the Liar bedsheet nestling on squrrel's beak should be the final post of the "Belgians have gone" thread.

Was me and @DaveMehmet
    Mehmet can have both for suffering you as a mate.
    Mate's a bit strong
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Was me and @DaveMehmet
    It was a lad and his mum I believe. I met them in Belgium. Which one are you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who is this guy and does he actually have any credibility? Or just another random internet guy who claims to be ITK?

Paul was the Charlton correspondent for many years on the News Shopper so has contacts in and around the club.

I would say he is a good source.

Adding him to the others, not just Rick, saying the same thing says it is seemingly more and more likely that there are legs on this one.

But it's a 0% done and will remain that way until it's 100% done
    Thanks Henry, that's exactly the kind of response I was after.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

You can almost see Roly agreeing to sell when we had our earlier blip and now we are climbing higher again thinking that he should ask for more.

Spot on.
  • Options

If a buyer cannot afford the buy the Valley and training ground, then he certainly does not have the money to make us a PL club. I will not be celebrating any deal that involves a lease on anything. And would not trust any owner who agrees to such a deal. Just gonna go on the record for that right now. I am ONLY interested in an owner who does not care about losing money. Because that is the only way to get promoted and stay there.

I read what NLA said as that being for the OLD deal with the consortium not this new deal.
    This. AB said something about there having been further investment or a new party involved. The article certainly suggested a deal to include the valley and sparrows lane was on the table.

Perhaps Muirs involvement is key to that.
  • Options
    The old deal not whatever is being spoken about

The deal was a rent with option too buy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The point about a lease is this: the club is not worth the figure in the books as debt. It is possible that RD will only sell if he gets his money back.

Let's say the figure is £50m - buyer will only pay £25m. But buyer agrees to pay RD another £25m on promotion to the PL.

RD can't know if the buyer can achieve promotion to the PL. So his hedge is to lease the ground for x years with an option to buy for the same amount.

We might not like that but I can see why that would make sense to RD (if not a buyer). It would really depend what the terms of any lease were.

To be clear this is a hypothesis. It is NOT based on anything I've heard around the current interest.

My point is that a lease doesn't have to be a plot to develop the ground or screw the club for rent - although it could be.
  • Options
    Roland is only prepared to lease the ground to ensure any future owner does not sell the club to developers. Simples.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Roland is only prepared to lease the ground to ensure any future owner does not sell the club to developers. Simples.

I don’t get this ? I’m missing something I’m sure.

• Options
    edited October 2017

Redrobo said:

I don’t this ? I’m missing something I’m sure.

My take on that FWIIW is that the Douchbag wants first dibs on any development opportunities however that's been done to death on here and is unlikely to happen with the various obstacles in the way.
  • Options
    Roland wants his money back. Why do you think he 'loaned' it to the club in the first place? He is hoping that someone else will pay for his stupidity and incompetence. He will find a way to fuck this sale up too, no doubt.
  • Options
    Can any owner?
  • Options
    JonnyK said:

Can any owner?

You need to finish your question. It makes no sense
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    shirty5 said:

JonnyK said:

Can any owner?

They seek him here, they seek him there..........Too late he's gone again,...........
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

JonnyK said:

Can any owner?

I think you need to read it as a response to the post before:

RD has to go 100%. He can't be trusted

JonnyK said:

Can any owner?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!