Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    This is dragging on longer than Brexit!
  • Options

This is dragging on longer than Brexit!

Not even in jest if you don’t mind.

• Options

So are we to conclude that it’s pretty much done and dusted provided the previous directors who have first dibs are willing to play ball ?

They don't have a veto. The most they can do is insist on full repayment up front and even in that case I expect there would be different positions among them.
    Why would they be able to insist on full repayment upfront in the event of a sale?
    They have a charge over the assets like a Building Society would have over your property you can't sell it, lease or do anything with it without the BS being satisfied can you?
  • Options
    edited October 2017

So are we to conclude that it’s pretty much done and dusted provided the previous directors who have first dibs are willing to play ball ?

They don't have a veto. The most they can do is insist on full repayment up front and even in that case I expect there would be different positions among them.
    Why would they be able to insist on full repayment upfront in the event of a sale?
    Eventually yes :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Because their agreement states thats the case unless they come to some other agreement at point of sale. I’m guessing

That is the question I am asking. Does their agreement include that clause?
    As RecChaser states above they have a charge over the assets. The Valley and Sparrows.

How that would be complicated should those assets not be included in any sale I have no idea.

Perhaps that’s the issue ?

• Options
    DD
    + condition of hard assets ---Valley ---Training Ground. Commercial value of those assets ,depreciation etc.
    + Playing assets ---who owns the players--length of contracts.Commercial value.
    +Debts, deferred, payments near and far.Transfer fees outstanding + -.
    +Statutory issues HMRC, building regs etc
    +Pensions to staff
    +Staff T+Cs

Some of the above will take lawyers they aint quick.Some will take experts in property and experts in playing contracts.

Just because former directors who have deferred debts owed to them have yet to be approached dosnt really mean anything neg or pos.

The only thing to take from recent info is that something is happening ---or was.That in itself is possitive and even if they walked away RD will have learnt alot and maybe his expectations will lower ?
  • Options
    Wonder if Murray will insist on being part of the new board?
  • Options

Because their agreement states thats the case unless they come to some other agreement at point of sale. I’m guessing

All legal charges over an asset restrict dealings of it without the concurrence of the chargee.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

RedChaser said:

They have a charge over the assets like a Building Society would have over your property you can't sell it, lease or do anything with it without the BS being satisfied can you?
    Don't think they have a charge over the assets.
    I did put a question mark after Debenture however If they do have debentures it will be a fixed and floating charge over all assets. It is not difficult to find out if you search at companies house.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope it goes through this week - got the week off as it's my birthday, would end up barred from all my local pubs :smiley:
  • Options

I thought it had been mooted on here somewhere that he would be like to be involved.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Because that's what the legal agreement says. They can also agree to roll the debt over as they did in 2014. Or they can negotiate a deal that gives them a percentage of the money now rather than all of it later on the basis they may never get it otherwise. If RM is involved in the deal that may be an issue in some quarters, but they are fans in the end.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

RedChaser said:

All legal charges over an asset restrict dealings of it without the concurrence of the chargee.
    My impression is that the obligation to the ex directors is a debt only payable under certain conditions. They have no charge over assets or in anyway have a say over how current owners run the club, (unless a member of the current board) or who they decide to sell the club to.

It could be the case that the potential owners could take the view that the club should clear the ex director obligations as a condition of the sale.
    They have a first legal charge on the assets.

Need to bear in mind that taking Murray out we are "only" talking about £4.4m. It's also only a fraction of what the old board put in. Huge amounts were written off or converted into equity which ended up having no value.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

RedChaser said:

My impression is that the obligation to the ex directors is a debt only payable under certain conditions. They have no charge over assets or in anyway have a say over how current owners run the club, (unless a member of the current board) or who they decide to sell the club to.

It could be the case that the potential owners could take the view that the club should clear the ex director obligations as a condition of the sale.
    I can't help you then, I only deal in facts, sorry. And who said anything about them having a say how the club is run? I'm out.
  • Options
    See you all back here in a week.
  • Options

Uboat said:

See you all back here in a week.

You know as well as I do that you'll be checking at least on the hour.
    Or every 10 mins...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

I thought it had been mooted on here somewhere that he would be like to be involved.
    He can fuck right off.
    I share you concern but he is owed £2.6m against a charge and it may be worth sucking it up if he is the stumbling block but hopefully the owners might pay all the former directors off and have done with it.
  • Options
    whoa, hold on a moment. Can I have a yes or no answer please. A new owner agrees a deal with Roland whereby the ex-directors get repaid in full. Can they do anything to stop the sale?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!