Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

RD has to go 100%. He can't be trusted

Exactly.

We will still be in a very dodgy position if the bugger sells the club but retains The Valley.

I am certain that anybody buying the club will want the ground as well.
  • Options

Exactly.

We will still be in a very dodgy position if the bugger sells the club but retains The Valley.

They may well ‘want’ it Elfie......but will they be able to buy it outright?
  • Options

Exactly.

They may well ‘want’ it Elfie......but will they be able to buy it outright?
    That is the burning question, but surely any purchaser will not want to purchase without the ground being part of the deal. That is an accident waiting to happen.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

In case Mrs Perks is looking in and wants to do something constructive to ingratiate herself with the new regime, here's a recipe for kangaroo vol-au-vents (serves 12):

2 teaspoons olive oil
    400 grams kangaroo steak, finely diced
    200 grams button mushrooms, finely diced
    1 onion, finely diced
    2 carrots, finely diced
    2 sticks celery, finely diced
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    200 gram-can diced tomatoes
    1/4 cup low sodium beef stock
    1/4 cup dry red wine or stock
    1 teaspoon dried rosemary
    2 teaspoons mixed dried herbs
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    Black pepper to taste

Directions:
    In a large frying pan, heat oil, add half the meat and cook for three to five minutes, constantly stiring until brown. Remove and set aside.
    In the same frying pan, add mushrooms, onion, carrot, celery and garlic and cook until onion is soft.
    Add meat, tomato, wine, stock, rosemary and mixed herbs.
    Using a wooden spoon, stir to combine. Turn heat to low and cover with tightly-fitting lid, cook, stirring occasionally until meat is tender, normally about 90 minutes.
    Season and stir in tomato paste.
    Spoon into pastry cases and bake in moderate oven until golden brown.

The only connection I want Bernie to have with a kangaroo is when the thing kicks her up the a***.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

In case Mrs Perks is looking in and wants to do something constructive to ingratiate herself with the new regime, here's a recipe for kangaroo vol-au-vents (serves 12):

2 teaspoons olive oil
    1 onion, finely diced
    2 carrots, finely diced
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    Black pepper to taste

Directions:
    In a large frying pan, heat oil, add half the meat and cook for three to five minutes, constantly stiring until brown. Remove and set aside.
    In the same frying pan, add mushrooms, onion, carrot, celery and garlic and cook until onion is soft.
    Using a wooden spoon, stir to combine. Turn heat to low and cover with tightly-fitting lid, cook, stirring occasionally until meat is tender, normally about 90 minutes.

The only connection I want Bernie to have with a kangaroo is when the thing kicks her up the a***.
    It’s ok Elfie.....you’re allowed to say arse.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Q

Just hope this gets done before January and that he's not dragging his feet

Hate to say but if was Roland I'd drag it out till the Transfer Window and then cash in on Konsa / Holmes / Kashi / Sarr!!

Interesting how Kashi and Sarr are now assists.
    Assets. Assists would be good though.
  • Options
    I know the answer might well be “how long is a piece of string” but just how long does a due diligence take ?

Charlton can’t be described as a very big business. In fact I would imagine that a football club and it’s assets would be a relatively straightforward business to audit.

I’m genuinely have no experience in which to even make an educated guess.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

I know the answer might well be “how long is a piece of string” but just how long does a due diligence take ?

Charlton can’t be described as a very big business. In fact I would imagine that a football club and it’s assets would be a relatively straightforward business to audit.

I read a while ago that an average premiership club is comparable is size to a large supermarket. Not a chain, but an individual outlet. If this is true, it's not very big. Like you, I can't imagine that size would be an issue in auditing and assessing what's actually up for sale (not that I have any knowledge). What I can imagine being a problem is that it's been run in a rather un orthodox manner (and that's putting it politely) we know that from some of the public nonsense that's taken place, but what's gone on under the radar? I expect that makes it a little more difficult to arrive at a real value and to untangle what wrongs a potential owner would be looking to put right. Oh, and the fact that the current owner is untrustworthy can't help - although I guess that's the underlying assumption with any due diligence work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Might sound contradicting to the liar we know of, but...

I also think the fact that KM and or any other charlton spokesperson has not responded to the reports of a takeover, is actually quite a good sign.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I also think the fact that KM and or any other charlton spokesperson has not responded to the reports of a takeover, is actually quite a good sign.

Robinson did after receiving a phone call from "someone on the board" as he has now become the mouthpiece of the club as pinocchio can't be trusted to open her gob without sticking both feet in there
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Is there a "Liar" detector test during DD ?

:smile:
  • Options
    I would imagine that DD looking into the murky business dealing's of any of Roland's clubs would be a time consuming operation. The transfer of Tex alone would be interesting to see how that was structured
  • Options
    DD can be quick if both parties are fully committed to working on any legal issues pre getting lawyers in volved.
    Was involved in DD 3 times re a 5star hotel being sold 80 million in 1996 ! The owners wanted out ---there was alot of back and forth re statutory stuff but it didnt take that long

we dont know how far along the DD review this is or what is actuallly being sold or what issues there may be re the outstanding debts to former directors ----lawyers are never ever quick
  • Options

cafcfan said:

2 teaspoons olive oil
    1 onion, finely diced
    2 carrots, finely diced
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    Black pepper to taste

Directions:

I don't swear.
  • Options
    60 new posts? Have we been sold... Nah.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017

I sold my business to a PLC company quoted on the stock exchange back in February of this year and whilst I am not prepared to mention exact figures on here it was less than £2 million so a lot less that Charlton.

The DD process took 3 months.
  • Options

Just hope this gets done before January and that he's not dragging his feet

Hate to say but if was Roland I'd drag it out till the Transfer Window and then cash in on Konsa / Holmes / Kashi / Sarr!!

On the back of my comment people have sensibly said that anything like the above would kill the deal etc.

Yet has since made me wonder; Igor Vetokele is still our Player (signed a five year deal till 2019) - Makes you wonder what'll happen with him next Summer
  • Options
    Stig said:

I read a while ago that an average premiership club is comparable is size to a large supermarket. Not a chain, but an individual outlet. If this is true, it's not very big. Like you, I can't imagine that size would be an issue in auditing and assessing what's actually up for sale (not that I have any knowledge). What I can imagine being a problem is that it's been run in a rather un orthodox manner (and that's putting it politely) we know that from some of the public nonsense that's taken place, but what's gone on under the radar? I expect that makes it a little more difficult to arrive at a real value and to untangle what wrongs a potential owner would be looking to put right. Oh, and the fact that the current owner is untrustworthy can't help - although I guess that's the underlying assumption with any due diligence work.
    Not sure too many supermarkets pay the check-out staff £100,000 a week.
  • Options
    The trouble is, RD likes to annoy us and if one of his servants (not you Olly), read this forum and we all say we want him to sell, he will probably do the opposite
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Stig said:

Not sure too many supermarkets pay the check-out staff £100,000 a week.
    True, but perhaps they spend that in the goods that they purchase for resale.
  • Options
    Stig said:

I think that was true in the 90s and early 2000s but premier league club's income has increased greatly sicne then due to TV money.

In terms of assets and staff numbers then yes they are still roughly the same size.
  • Options

cafcfan said:

2 teaspoons olive oil
    1 onion, finely diced
    2 carrots, finely diced
    1 teaspoon garlic powder
    Black pepper to taste

Directions:

I don't swear.
    Liar liar pants on fire!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!