Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    J BLOCK said:

Silence from Cawley is interesting

I too thought it was weird he hasn’t really covered any of the rumour apart from when Louis Mendez asked Robinson in a postmatch interview!

Could he have signed an NDA?
  • Options
    Worth noting he was incredibly quiet about duchatelet until literally just before the takeover
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Silence from the club is deafening,no denial statement apart from a snippet from KR
  • Options
    Stig said:

Counting the Days 'Til We No Longer Need A Takeover Thread
    Day 11

The Best Thread sits in it's shed contemplating it's impact. It's little amaretto biscuit sitting neglected beside a lukewarm coffee.
    'What's happening do me' he sobs in anguish, 'I'm a good thread aren't I, why aren't people excited by the news I bring'?
    The BT's wife puts on her finest simpering smile, 'perhaps you just need to be a little more patient, dear'.
    'Patient, PATIENT!!!', he roars. 'I'm a visionary, I'm the Alan Turing of Charlton Life threads. I bring joyous news and all these vinegar pissers do is start infighting and flagging each other. And now' he sniffs, '...they are neglecting me. I used to be respected, I used to have my own sticky. In fact, better than that, I didn't need a sticky. I was the people's favourite, king of the hill, top of the list, A number one...
    'STOP!' screams Mrs BT 'I can't stand another one of your song and dance routines, you're not in Salsa Cabana now, you know'.
    'I just want to feel loved' says the Best Thread, 'Why can't those ants post some nice comments and get all excited like in the good old days'?
    Meanwhile at a secret location near the Thames Estuary, a misguided Lifer hits the 'Post Comment' button and some meaningless scrawl appears at the bottom of the best thread. Temporarily the thread is again lifted into poll position on Charlton Life.
    For a spilt second, the Best Thread smiles...
    It's still here.
    Oh Fuck!

Ha ha very good, Stig :smiley:
  • Options
    3blokes said:

Stig said:

Counting the Days 'Til We No Longer Need A Takeover Thread
    Day 11

The Best Thread sits in it's shed contemplating it's impact. It's little amaretto biscuit sitting neglected beside a lukewarm coffee.
    'What's happening do me' he sobs in anguish, 'I'm a good thread aren't I, why aren't people excited by the news I bring'?
    The BT's wife puts on her finest simpering smile, 'perhaps you just need to be a little more patient, dear'.
    'Patient, PATIENT!!!', he roars. 'I'm a visionary, I'm the Alan Turing of Charlton Life threads. I bring joyous news and all these vinegar pissers do is start infighting and flagging each other. And now' he sniffs, '...they are neglecting me. I used to be respected, I used to have my own sticky. In fact, better than that, I didn't need a sticky. I was the people's favourite, king of the hill, top of the list, A number one...
    'STOP!' screams Mrs BT 'I can't stand another one of your song and dance routines, you're not in Salsa Cabana now, you know'.
    'I just want to feel loved' says the Best Thread, 'Why can't those ants post some nice comments and get all excited like in the good old days'?
    Meanwhile at a secret location near the Thames Estuary, a misguided Lifer hits the 'Post Comment' button and some meaningless scrawl appears at the bottom of the best thread. Temporarily the thread is again lifted into poll position on Charlton Life.
    For a spilt second, the Best Thread smiles...
    It's still here.
    Oh Fuck!

Ha ha very good, Stig :smiley:
    Imitation and flattery, you know.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Silence from the club is deafening,no denial statement apart from a snippet from KR
    Doesn't mean anything, they won't deny every rumour. How would they decide which ones to comment on and which to ignore?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

J BLOCK said:

Cawley is usually very good at confirming or denying rumours, my guess is that he's been breifed on something from the club and under orders to keep it quite.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

J BLOCK said:

Doesn't mean anything, they won't deny every rumour. How would they decide which ones to comment on and which to ignore?
    Agree , but they’ve always seemed to deny any rumours in the past - or at least made the effort to roll out the “the club is not for sale” line!
  • Options
    Look out for anyone in the directors box
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Look out for anyone in the directors box

Apart from anyone sitting beneath a "The Liar" sign you mean?

• Options
    Looks pretty empty at the moment
  • Options
    Would have used Nabby at CB for this one. Not sure who in place of.
  • Options
    I'm happy to provide some updates if there is no one else who can.

I'm only on my phone though so will be fairly slow and short updates.

@ross1 if you are around I know people appreciate the tweets and updates you provide.

Hopefully we can complement each other...
  • Options
    Whoops wrong thread...
  • Options
    Journo on twitter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pt 2
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Journo on twitter

Repeat ad nauseum
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Pt 2

That is Paul the old Newshopper reporter. Nice bloke.
  • Options
    Liked his response to me......like I said interesting news
  • Options
    To anyone else who is in view of the directors box, who are the 3 still in there talking on the left hand side? Think I’ve seen them here before, at least one of them.
  • Options
    Something is defo going on its just to quite the club normally comes out by now and gives us the usual THE CLUB IS NOT FOR SALE and for someone like Rich Crawley not even react or come out and denie it tells me something is going on I just hope what this Paul Green is saying is true as Well and we can be in for a nice surprise soon
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I just hope the aussies are rich enough to do the job properly - and don't do a deal where Roland retains some ownership - particularly The Valley
  • Options
    Who says it is the Aussies.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Paul Green
  • Options
    Confirmed aussies
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!