Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

ozaddick said:

TEL said:

A lot of unbelievably wealthy Chinese living in and or investing in Australia right now. Just saying.

They've bought a huge amount of land, mainly farmland.
    We’ve had plenty of shit on our green bit over the last few years. Perhaps that’s confused them.

Your post has confused me.....that’s for sure?
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

if it happens we just have to send daisy a massive leaving card, from CARD

With love from the Customers ?
  • Options
    Spanish said:

cafc999 said:

if it happens we just have to send daisy a massive leaving card, from CARD

With love from the Customers ?
    The 20,000 customers
  • Options

ozaddick said:

TEL said:

A lot of unbelievably wealthy Chinese living in and or investing in Australia right now. Just saying.

They've bought a huge amount of land, mainly farmland.
    We’ve had plenty of shit on our green bit over the last few years. Perhaps that’s confused them.

Your post has confused me.....that’s for sure?
    Manure bit slow int ya :wink:
  • Options

N01R4M said:

But yes she is certainly an intelligent woman who has acted stupid almost beyond belief.
    That makes her stupid.
    “The difference between genius and stupidity is: genius has its limits.”
    ― Alexandre Dumas fils
    I think there is a tendency in many posts to confuse intelligence (which I agree, KM has) with common sense (which KM certainly lacks). Adding a large pinch of arrogance and a soupçon of naivety has given her a recipe for stupid mistakes & PR disasters.

I hate what Katrien has done to our club, and certainly want her no where near the governance of the game at EFL/FA, but hope for her sake that when - hopefully soon - she leaves The Valley for the last time, she will be able to make a fresh start in a job better suited to her abilities, & where she will be given proper support to grow her skills.

B & Q garden section ?

Please not B&Q, Fanny. Don't they mainly employ over-60s? We don't want her with us for another 30 years!
  • Options
    Oh dear just the one post today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two by my reckoning !
  • Options
    Scoham said:

All you bedwetters must be disappointed.

I said from the start none of it was true.

All lies from CARD to try and derail our season of glory

Long Live Roland, Long Live the Regime

You forgot it was "entirely made up to sell copies of VOTV."
    No, that wouldn't make sense as it was released on the internet a few days after VOTV came out.
  • Options
    its the hope thats kills you

(i may have put that on page 23 and 46 too)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017

Absolute rubbish, every time I venture down for a home game you and your cronies won't say anything. I've made myself known on numerous occasions.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    <
  • Options

SDAddick said:

I've missed out on a whole evening of posts having just spent the entire evening driving back from Devon.

Was hoping a little more detail had leaked out but seems not.

Based on the likelihood that it's the Aussies we're talking about just how certain are we that their ownership would be a safe pair of hands ? All the talk of not having enough funds have persisted although I guess that at least must have changed.

I presume we know their business model and we know that they have ambition but is that enough ?

I would hate us to jump out of the frying pan straight into the fire.

Just saying.

These are my thoughts exactly.

What exactly is their business model?
    Being overlooked hugely in the optimism of seeing this ownership go. The economics of football ownership particularly at this level are crazy in 2017....for all the bad under this mob we are a going concern and at least seem to have turned a corner football wise with more apparent autonomy with a manager who knows this league and some good signings in Fosu, Holmes etc whilst the CEO hasn't spoken publicly for yonks.

Many are praising these new speculated owners without knowing anything about them, their competence,their resources, their ambition and their agenda.

We would do well to revisit the takeover thread from 3 years ago when this mob rocked up and the same jubilation was being pumped all over the message board due to the relief of being able to see a glimmer of optimism after the Cash went with Jiminez and Slater.

IF a takeover even happens the new lot will have a lot to prove and whilst they should be supported and I hope we see a return to bumper crowds the scepticism will be their now for me for a good while until their is evidence that we've not gone from a bad situation to another or worse.
    Agreed, it's foolish to be celebrating when you have no idea what the facts are.
    I'm cautiously optimistic and if it happens and the owners are an improvement on what we have, then I'll start to celebrate, but not beforehand.
    I still feel the same as I did on p 60.
  • Options

Scoham said:

No, that wouldn't make sense as it was released on the internet a few days after VOTV came out.
    Not according to Ms perks and her cronies on the secret fb group. Apparently Ricks sales have fallen so far he's losing money so he's had to make up rumours to sell more copies.
    Hilarious. I think Mrs Perks may have VOTV confused with the programme.
    Mrs Perks is just confused, full stop.

Will be even more confused when her 'mate' is out of the door.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

...And that its the umpteenth* time Rick has done this.

* According to Jabba The Hut. Personally I count twice....and the first time was technically The Daily Mail who broke the story but lets not lets facts get in the way of a good, personal hate campaign eh.

• Options

Scoham said:

Not according to Ms perks and her cronies on the secret fb group. Apparently Ricks sales have fallen so far he's losing money so he's had to make up rumours to sell more copies.
    She’s probably just hungover.
  • Options

Scoham said:

She’s probably just hungover.
    Or full up
  • Options
    Beardface said:

SDAddick said:

I've missed out on a whole evening of posts having just spent the entire evening driving back from Devon.

Was hoping a little more detail had leaked out but seems not.

Based on the likelihood that it's the Aussies we're talking about just how certain are we that their ownership would be a safe pair of hands ? All the talk of not having enough funds have persisted although I guess that at least must have changed.

I presume we know their business model and we know that they have ambition but is that enough ?

I would hate us to jump out of the frying pan straight into the fire.

Just saying.

These are my thoughts exactly.

What exactly is their business model?
    Being overlooked hugely in the optimism of seeing this ownership go. The economics of football ownership particularly at this level are crazy in 2017....for all the bad under this mob we are a going concern and at least seem to have turned a corner football wise with more apparent autonomy with a manager who knows this league and some good signings in Fosu, Holmes etc whilst the CEO hasn't spoken publicly for yonks.

Many are praising these new speculated owners without knowing anything about them, their competence,their resources, their ambition and their agenda.

We would do well to revisit the takeover thread from 3 years ago when this mob rocked up and the same jubilation was being pumped all over the message board due to the relief of being able to see a glimmer of optimism after the Cash went with Jiminez and Slater.

IF a takeover even happens the new lot will have a lot to prove and whilst they should be supported and I hope we see a return to bumper crowds the scepticism will be their now for me for a good while until their is evidence that we've not gone from a bad situation to another or worse.
    Agreed, it's foolish to be celebrating when you have no idea what the facts are.
    I'm cautiously optimistic and if it happens and the owners are an improvement on what we have, then I'll start to celebrate, but not beforehand.
    I still feel the same as I did on p 60.
    Frustrated at the amount of tax you paid last year?
    Lucky it was not a P45
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!