Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Stig said:

I know the answer might well be “how long is a piece of string” but just how long does a due diligence take ?

Charlton can’t be described as a very big business. In fact I would imagine that a football club and it’s assets would be a relatively straightforward business to audit.

I’m genuinely have no experience in which to even make an educated guess.

I read a while ago that an average premiership club is comparable is size to a large supermarket. Not a chain, but an individual outlet. If this is true, it's not very big. Like you, I can't imagine that size would be an issue in auditing and assessing what's actually up for sale (not that I have any knowledge). What I can imagine being a problem is that it's been run in a rather un orthodox manner (and that's putting it politely) we know that from some of the public nonsense that's taken place, but what's gone on under the radar? I expect that makes it a little more difficult to arrive at a real value and to untangle what wrongs a potential owner would be looking to put right. Oh, and the fact that the current owner is untrustworthy can't help - although I guess that's the underlying assumption with any due diligence work.
    I think that was true in the 90s and early 2000s but premier league club's income has increased greatly sicne then due to TV money.

In terms of assets and staff numbers then yes they are still roughly the same size.
    I did say a while ago :wink:
  • Options
    Dear Santa , just one thing on my list this year. Please can you get Roland to sell up and fu*k off before January please, love Arthur!!
  • Options
    Nothing going on.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Tis very close apparently. Bit of a hurdle to get over re former Directors apparently.

Can't verify accuracy of source as it's second hand (at least) to me.

Get the beers in the fridge lads ...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Tis very close apparently. Bit of a hurdle to get over re former Directors apparently.

Need to approach a hurdle in order to get over it...
  • Options
    Tingle bells, tingle bells, tingle all the way.....
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Has much changed with them then?

Thought that was only a concern on reach

Swisdom said:

So you've spoken to them now then?
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Hmmm, why would the hurdle not be approached ...
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Oh oh.

• Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Someone spoke to two of them at the game on Saturday. It wasn't me. They said they hadn't been approached.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    With charges (debentures?) over the assets, the former Directors hold all the aces before anything can be done with the land and buildings, unless of course they are paid off or are prepared to postpone their priority :open_mouth:
  • Options
    Not imminent at all then in reality.
  • Options

Not imminent at all then in reality.

Depends what deals / sweetners are on offer :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fingers crossed !
  • Options
    So are we to conclude that it’s pretty much done and dusted provided the previous directors who have first dibs are willing to play ball ?
  • Options

So are we to conclude that it’s pretty much done and dusted provided the previous directors who have first dibs are willing to play ball ?

They don't have a veto. The most they can do is insist on full repayment up front and even in that case I expect there would be different positions among them.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    How much say have they really got?

If my life savings are tied up with say Barclays and they get taken over by say Santander would I be able to put a halt to proceedings if I thought they wouldn't honour it?

If so,I suppose we have to remember that these are the same directors that gave a fruit cake like Duchatelet the green light to look after their nest egg!

There's still hope.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Someone spoke to two of them at the game on Saturday. It wasn't me. They said they hadn't been approached.
    Do they need to be approached? So long as the buyers accept the existing obligations between the club and the ex directors why do the ex directors need to be approached?
    I should think it would be a courtesy for them to be informed of what was going on.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Do they need to be approached? So long as the buyers accept the existing obligations between the club and the ex directors why do the ex directors need to be approached?
    I should think it would be a courtesy for them to be informed of what was going on.
    Yeah. Just after its signed.
  • Options
    Is it definitely the ozzies yeh?
  • Options

They don't have a veto. The most they can do is insist on full repayment up front and even in that case I expect there would be different positions among them.
    Why would they be able to insist on full repayment upfront in the event of a sale?
    Because their agreement states thats the case unless they come to some other agreement at point of sale. I’m guessing

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!