Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Can you imagine if the internet didn’t exist?
    Fortunately we have fans ITK who are updating us on sites like this and others.
    But no ceo, no manager, no signings - and no official word from the club or the bidders on what’s happening to our great club.
    They need to update fans now I think.
    You wouldn’t even run a Sunday league side like this, just lurching along directionless.
  • and still Richard Murray sits there watching as its now a real possibility we could go into this pre season with no signings, players leaving, no manager, no ceo, no chairman, no GK coach, no assistant manager, 1st team coach and no direction or hope.

Murray is as bad as KM now for me.

Only now he has been as bad as her before we even knew her name
  • Redhenry said:

The Saudis bid at least 40.5m. I don't know where they are now though.

And that wasn't enough for Roland? Or they got sick of his games and walked away?
    Walked because of RD, I guess.
  • There isn’t a swear invented to date that would do justice for how I feel right now towards the Belgian.

It is as if he wants to destroy the club!
    That is how it appears to me.
  • How many years till Roland runs out of money if we lose 1 million a month

He never does. The dividends alone on his Melexis shareholding more than cover any losses at Charlton by approximately a multiple of three, maybe more. He's still getting richer every day.
  • JamesSeed said:

Of course we don't know everything, but there is a clue in your post to why we ought to know who the good guys are here - How you describe Roland as a maniac. Which is spot on!

Yet we've seen from their very own sources that some of the delays have been down to the aussies.
    They've never seen it as a race. I reported their comments to that effect on 19th May. They see it as a long term project.
    Isn't that a good thing?

Any delays aren't deliberate.
    I don't think its a good thing to hang back now. There are senior posts to fill, players to be signed, a pre season to organise and worse of all an incompetent dismantling the club from inside out. We are already in a state of catch up and losing ground day by day. Charlton Athletic is 113 years old and in complete and utter disarray. Time and tide waits for no man and this club is sinking into oblivion now.
    Agree. A few months ago there was no rush for either party. RD was happy to wait for the best deal while the buyers knew he wanted to sell and had long term plans. It's great having a long term plan but the short term is also important. Without a takeover I see us in a relegation battle next season. If we're in League 2 a long term plan to get to the Prem becomes a very long term plan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Probably sent packing by Murray. I can't help but feel The Saudis would complete a deal quickly given the chance.
    Based on what?
  • Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

And that wasn't enough for Roland? Or they got sick of his games and walked away?
    But let's blame the Aussies.

If it is all down to the Aussies playing games or not having the money then how does that account for the Saudis and the Donald Muir group walking? And how many others?

All the evidence I can see points to Duchatelet being the problem.

He panicked while the EFL processed the fit and proper papers and has pissed off the only buyers who are still at the table.

There have been others. I know for a fact a Chinese consortium came in two seasons ago
    There you go but all the Aussies fault.
  • We can at least cling on to the one fact we can be sure of in this horrific saga. Roland Duchatelet wants to sell the football club. He wants out and at some point he will be gone.

I do hope it’s soon.
  • edited June 2018
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

But let's blame the Aussies.

If it is all down to the Aussies playing games or not having the money then how does that account for the Saudis and the Donald Muir group walking? And how many others?

All the evidence I can see points to Duchatelet being the problem.

He panicked while the EFL processed the fit and proper papers and has pissed off the only buyers who are still at the table.

There have been others. I know for a fact a Chinese consortium came in two seasons ago
    Is that came in with a bid, or for a look round with a view to a bid?
  • Redhenry said:

They didn't come for the Vol-au-vents! :smiley:

They may well have looked at half a dozen clubs. If I wanted to buy a Chinese club I doubt I'd only pick one to look at. It's important to get these facts right ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Of course we don't know everything, but there is a clue in your post to why we ought to know who the good guys are here - How you describe Roland as a maniac. Which is spot on!

Yet we've seen from their very own sources that some of the delays have been down to the aussies.
    They've never seen it as a race. I reported their comments to that effect on 19th May. They see it as a long term project.
    Isn't that a good thing?

Any delays aren't deliberate.
    No, it's one of the main factors that scare the hell out of me, every day we fall further and further behind our competition if they don't understand that, we're gonna have a big problem.
  • Roland is a parasite. Can think of no better description. Clinging on while the club bleeds a slow and painful death. He should be ashamed of himself.

Good job he doesn’t do failure, imagine the mess we would be in if he had failed?!
  • There are many conflicting stories from various people on here, on other forums and social media. They cant all be right, but sadly I'm now moving into the camp that RD has screwed over any and all suitors and hence will remain in charge of CAFC for the foreseeable future.
    I think RM knows more about whats happening/happened but all of a sudden seems 'conspicuous by his silence'. Gone are the statements that he gave early in the year about the takeover and two parties and within two weeks etc, etc.
    We are a few weeks away from our opening pre-season friendly, players have left, none have been recruited. As said in many posts on here and elsewhere we have no CEO, CFO or Manager and an even more threadbare squad than last season, coupled with an owner apparently wanting out, but only on his terms!!
    I fear we are screwed for the coming season, crowds will continue to dwindle, the team, as it is, will struggle and instead of all of us hoping for a 'Brave New world', it will be a dog-fight to stay away from relegation.
    My disappointment in the on-going delays and yesterdays turn of events is palpable, my hopes have ebbed away of RD ever fucking going!!
    Until something changes, even the few games I attended last season, will not be repeated this coming one. I can only hope the old twat finally relinquishes control before we start peering over the relegation precipice.
    I know the above is very negative, but after 15 months or so of this thread I feel we have been played. RD is doing what he wants without any further consideration for the club. What a very sad state of affairs!
  • Nearly 5000 season tickets? Looks as though we have been properly played.
  • edited June 2018
    The silence from the Aussies is deafening. Makes me think that any deal is not dead in the water yet.
  • On dear.
    The VOTV article excellent though it is, smacks of hopeless desperation. We have tried, and now need two MP's and the EFL to be the cavalry coming over the hill.
    I am not holding my breath.
  • And so on the week that we were expecting the best news about the club in decades, what we actually get is:

Three players arrested on suspicion of rape

One of our best players abruptly sold

You couldn't make it up, even if you're the guy who writes the storylines for 24.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!