Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 1905 said:

Nearly 5000 season tickets? Looks as though we have been properly played.

Yep, all smoke and mirrors.
    Achieving the desired result of getting the mugs to part with their money. Too blinkered and selfish to see through the lies, but at least they saved £50, so happy days.

yep - this is their fault! they're the enemy! Idiot!
    Don't buy tickets until he has gone. It's not difficult.
    That's your opinion - just because some people don't share that opinion doesn't make them mugs, blinkered or selfish!
  • Scoham said:

"australiandavid" on ITTV saying it's rumoured RD will announce Bowyer as manager tomorrow. If that happens the deal will be off and they'll look at other clubs in England.

He also claims the price was £54m, now £49.8m after the sale of "Ezri Kinga" for £4.2m.

Meanwhile Colin claims the Aussies recently added two investors only to be told by the EFL they were happy as long as those two weren't involved. They're apparently looking for other funding to cover the £15m lost. Tomorrow was the target date and they're working hard to resolve the issues.

I hope it’s not the last part but honestly I wouldn’t be surprised
  • 1905 said:

Achieving the desired result of getting the mugs to part with their money. Too blinkered and selfish to see through the lies, but at least they saved £50, so happy days.

That's your opinion - just because some people don't share that opinion doesn't make them mugs, blinkered or selfish!
    How much did you pay for yours?

• What a total mess, made worse by the Ibiza news. Poor Tracey Leaburn is probably going to have to deal with that situation on her own as there's no senior management to support her.

Every day of uncertainty that passes is a day lost in terms of preparation for the coming season. I'm not just talking about the playing and team management staff but for everyone involved in the club, from the car park attendant to the sponsors.

Who's dealing with existing and potential sponsors and suppliers (not that anyone in their right mind would commit to a deal under the current circumstances). And who's deciding which beer to stock in Crossbars next season, who should print the programmes and who should provide the hospitality vol au vents (though I'm pretty sure that is de facto position held by the expert, Sue Parkes).

Sometimes it's easy to forget that there's a complete business to be run as most of us just want to see success on the pitch. At the moment success could probably be defined as finding 11 fit players for the first game of the season, even if it means playing Maynard-Brewer at left back.
  • 1905 said:

How much did you pay for yours?

I didn't, I haven't had a season ticket for quite some time now (nothing to do with the ownership of the club). But unlike you, I don't believe that allows me to take any sort of morale high ground over fellow supporters, who all care about the club, but have different view to you on how they should channel that support.

• i sometimes honestly think it might be better for RD to withdraw his backing and send us into admin

• Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

"australiandavid" on ITTV saying it's rumoured RD will announce Bowyer as manager tomorrow. If that happens the deal will be off and they'll look at other clubs in England.

He also claims the price was £54m, now £49.8m after the sale of "Ezri Kinga" for £4.2m.

Meanwhile Colin claims the Aussies recently added two investors only to be told by the EFL they were happy as long as those two weren't involved. They're apparently looking for other funding to cover the £15m lost. Tomorrow was the target date and they're working hard to resolve the issues.

If the 2 interested investors would like to put their combined 15m in to my account, plus a handling fee of 10-20%, I will happily be the final investment and will give them both full say in to running my % of the club.
  • Said for months and months and months that Duchatelet will ensure that he has the last laugh. There's no way that he was going to let the 'home town' embarrassment and rightful protests go without ensuring that we suffer as much grief as is possible. He genuinely has a psychotic and narcissistic disposition that is rearing its ugly head.
    As far as he's concerned, it's payback time sadly.
  • edited June 2018

What a total mess, made worse by the Ibiza news. Poor Tracey Leaburn is probably going to have to deal with that situation on her own as there's no senior management to support her.

Every day of uncertainty that passes is a day lost in terms of preparation for the coming season. I'm not just talking about the playing and team management staff but for everyone involved in the club, from the car park attendant to the sponsors.

Who's dealing with existing and potential sponsors and suppliers (not that anyone in their right mind would commit to a deal under the current circumstances). And who's deciding which beer to stock in Crossbars next season, who should print the programmes and who should provide the hospitality vol au vents (though I'm pretty sure that is de facto position held by the expert, Sue Parkes).

Sometimes it's easy to forget that there's a complete business to be run as most of us just want to see success on the pitch. At the moment success could probably be defined as finding 11 fit players for the first game of the season, even if it means playing Maynard-Brewer at left back.

Apparently, from next season, EFL clubs are no longer required to print a programme.

EFL clubs vote to end compulsory matchday programme publication
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396446
  • My wife's employers are being acquired by another company with completion tomorrow. Despite the scale of the deal being significantly higher (£4 billion), I can't help drawing parallels with Charlton given the timing.

An offer was made and agreed just prior to Christmas subject to the usual provisos re due diligence, shareholder approval etc. Both companies and their financial advisors and lawyers worked on a sales & purchase agreement and due diligence during January to March. Shareholder approval was obtained mid-April and regulatory approvals in May, with completion set for 15th June. This is a way, way more complicated deal than little old Charlton, given they are both publicly quoted companies, the international scale and the planning required to mesh together two organisations with a combined 11,000 workforce etc, and they have essentially worked through this collaboratively in the space of 6 months. But they got the issue of price out of the way early on in order they could focus on getting the deal over the line.

We don't know, and may never know, where to apportion the blame for Charlton's takeover not being finalised but, to state the bleeding obvious, this deal could and should have been completed well before now had there been a meeting of minds on a reasonable valuation. If brinkmanship is the order of the day, then it is the club and it's "customers" (sorry supporters), who will suffer as the omens for a successful season are not looking good right now.

• reserves said:
    Sources close to the Muir-led group had still indicated yesterday that they were still keen to complete a deal and that the takeover had not collapsed.
  • Enter Red Henry’s lot
  • lolwray said:

i sometimes honestly think it might be better for RD to withdraw his backing and send us into admin

He can't, he is the sole creditor. He could stop trading and liquidate the assets, that would forfeit the golden share and significantly reduce the value. No one would buy the valley without a football team, all the players would be free to leave as their contracts would be void. Not sure how much the training ground is worth but I doubt you could sell it for development.
  • This is getting a little
    depressing to say the least. God only knows what's going on but I'm starting to think the owner is stranger than I previously gave him credit for. He has wasted more money than I'm ever likely to see in a lifetime and may be wants to waste some more next season. I love to have an hour with this guy so I could find out what makes him tick, just to satisfy my own curiosity
    There is some good news, I will be saving money buy not buying a season ticket for another year.

It's times like this that I wish there was a God! Quite clearly though there isn't!!!
  • Cafc43v3r said:

lolwray said:

i sometimes honestly think it might be better for RD to withdraw his backing and send us into admin

He can't, he is the sole creditor. He could stop trading and liquidate the assets, that would forfeit the golden share and significantly reduce the value. No one would buy the valley without a football team, all the players would be free to leave as their contracts would be void. Not sure how much the training ground is worth but I doubt you could sell it for development.
    Not quite. Former directors’ loans are the first charge on the assets.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm beginning to think that if Douchebag remains - I need to go further than my season-ticket boycott, and move to a total boycott.
  • Scoham said:

Worrying that they NEED to find the extra £15m at this stage. Why can't Muir top it up then look for further investment?. Why were the two investors rejected? And will the Aussies have the required money to cover the ongoing losses and necessary player and training ground investment?
  • Roland has let the fans down, he's let the players down, he's let the club down and least importantly, he's let himself down.

This. ;)
  • Cafc43v3r said:

lolwray said:

Is it all assets? I thought it was the valley. However I think you agree on the point if not the detail?
  • I don't understand where he thinks he's getting his 40m from.
  • Ground Hog thread
  • Are redbull still involved?
  • edited June 2018
    Cafc43v3r said:

Cafc43v3r said:

lolwray said:

Is it all assets? I thought it was the valley. However I think you agree on the point if not the detail?
    Is all assets, I believe, but I agree there’s no point in him putting the business into administration.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!