Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Scoham said:
    excellent article and yes it's about time pressure was put on the EFL to bring RD into line. However, I'm still reeling from the fact that nearly 5,000 fans have bought season tickets.

Unbelievable that so many fans just don't appear to understand the reasoning behind holding off.

Why would you? I'm certain that very few of them actively support Roland.
  • seth plum said:

On dear.
    The VOTV article excellent though it is, smacks of hopeless desperation. We have tried, and now need two MP's and the EFL to be the cavalry coming over the hill.
    I am not holding my breath.

Might I suggest that the Trust contact said MPs urgently?
  • Scoham said:
    excellent article and yes it's about time pressure was put on the EFL to bring RD into line. However, I'm still reeling from the fact that nearly 5,000 fans have bought season tickets.

Unbelievable that so many fans just don't appear to understand the reasoning behind holding off.

Why would you? I'm certain that very few of them actively support Roland.
    Ah, but they might lose their favourite seat in the stampede for tickets!
  • @JamesSeed did you message your contact, presumably you haven’t had a reply?
  • Any truth that one stumbling block for RD is the Aussie reluctance to keep Murray on board?

• Superb VoTV article - must be read. One small issue - [paraphrase] "the CEO's chair has arguably been empty since 2014" - well, if only it had been literally be so, for an empty chair could surely do no damage. Mind you, KM's casual negligence and inexperience can almost be favourably compared to the current behaviour of her erstwhile boss, who seems determined to put our club through the wood-chipper. Thank heavens for the 2018 World Cup (never thought I'd say that) - at least football's attention will largely be elsewhere, and we will be left in private with our frustration, disgust, rage and humiliation.

Unless, of course .... God bless you, Oz - we're waiting.
  • seth plum said:

On dear.
    The VOTV article excellent though it is, smacks of hopeless desperation. We have tried, and now need two MP's and the EFL to be the cavalry coming over the hill.
    I am not holding my breath.

Wasnt a "hopeless desperation" when we as fans took on the political establishment before in getting back to the Valley, This cause is no different, as it involves the life and future of our club. If the local MP's are not willing to help, then perhaps a reminder to them - and to the EFL, that we the fans are easily awoken, and may be time to raise our shields and swords again for our club.
  • Excellent article from @Airman Brown . The first sentence alone sums up the Duchatelet era.
  • current relegation odds are 20/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Being surrounded by people discussing who they've got on the first day of the new Prem season isn't helping.
  • Any truth that one stumbling block for RD is the Aussie reluctance to keep Murray on board?

Wouldn't surprise me, hate him so so much
  • This is getting a little depressing to say the least. God only knows what's going on but I'm starting to think the owner is stranger than I previously gave him credit for. He has wasted more money than I'm ever likely to see in a lifetime and may be wants to waste some more next season. I love to have an hour with this guy so I could find out what makes him tick, just to satisfy my own curiosity
    There is some good news, I will be saving money buy not buying a season ticket for another year.
  • Think I'm going to boycott this thread and concentrate on enjoying the World Cup instead. Hopefully by the time I come back we'll be sold.
  • I'm officially now bored of the takeover.

Roly it would seem is trying to flush the Aussies out and get this concluded quickly is my guess so not the end of the world
  • edited June 2018
    1905 said:

Nearly 5000 season tickets? Looks as though we have been properly played.

Yep nearly 5000 tickets sold, however perhaps that's because RM said way back in February that RD was selling up. Could have been a strategic move to sell S/T's as people thought he was going. I admit people will always but S/T's no matter who owns the club, but my gut felling is a lot more would if RD just went!
    However we are where we are, lets see how many more are sold if he stays on!
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Redhenry said:

They didn't come for the Vol-au-vents! :smiley:

They may well have looked at half a dozen clubs. If I wanted to buy a Chinese club I doubt I'd only pick one to look at. It's important to get these facts right ;-)
    really?
  • 1905 said:

Yep, all smoke and mirrors.
    Achieving the desired result of getting the mugs to part with their money. Too blinkered and selfish to see through the lies, but at least they saved £50, so happy days.

• 1905 said:

Achieving the desired result of getting the mugs to part with their money. Too blinkered and selfish to see through the lies, but at least they saved £50, so happy days.

did they? I thought prices didn't change after the deadline passed

• 1905 said:

did they? I thought prices didn't change after the deadline passed

Figure of speech.

• edited June 2018
    Bollox! Could not get access to CL for 5 mins but it was only due to the work network throwing a wobbler...

and NOT CL in meltdown because the takeover has happened.

This football club has turned me into a nervous wreck.
  • 1905 said:

yep - this is their fault! they're the enemy! Idiot!
  • 1905 said:

yep - this is their fault! they're the enemy! Idiot!
    Don't buy tickets until he has gone. It's not difficult.
  • J BLOCK said:

Any truth that one stumbling block for RD is the Aussie reluctance to keep Murray on board?

Wouldn't surprise me, hate him so so much
    He has always been a blocker go back 8 years and he was a blocker to change

Things could have been so different

I don’t doubt RD has blame to be attributed

But I also don’t see the aussies as faultless either
  • "australiandavid" on ITTV saying it's rumoured RD will announce Bowyer as manager tomorrow. If that happens the deal will be off and they'll look at other clubs in England.

He also claims the price was £54m, now £49.8m after the sale of "Ezri Kinga" for £4.2m.

Meanwhile Colin claims the Aussies recently added two investors only to be told by the EFL they were happy as long as those two weren't involved. They're apparently looking for other funding to cover the £15m lost. Tomorrow was the target date and they're working hard to resolve the issues.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!