Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 1905 said:

Nearly 5000 season tickets? Looks as though we have been properly played.

Yep, all smoke and mirrors.
    Achieving the desired result of getting the mugs to part with their money. Too blinkered and selfish to see through the lies, but at least they saved £50, so happy days.

yep - this is their fault! they're the enemy! Idiot!
    The money goes to someone who’s spent the last 4 years dismantling the club. They’re not the enemy, but they’re not really helping matters, unfortunately
  • The fact that Roland has offered Bowyer the chance to continue as caretaker manager says to me the takeover is not as close as we think.
    Just sell the club

I think you all know the rest.
  • is the Peninsula move still on?
  • Either way, it feels like we're very close to the end of the Roland-Aussie saga.
  • Excellent points raised in VOV.

Certainly the points raised about "the status of Duchatelet and Murray’s second interested party" and "no chairman, no chief executive, no finance boss ", makes me realise its a complete mess.

Its coming to a point where action is needed and perhaps another visit to RD's homeland.
  • Said for months and months and months that Duchatelet will ensure that he has the last laugh. There's no way that he was going to let the 'home town' embarrassment and rightful protests go without ensuring that we suffer as much grief as is possible. He genuinely has a psychotic and narcissistic disposition that is rearing its ugly head.
    As far as he's concerned, it's payback time sadly.

Totally agree.
  • the EFL should be very concerned at the lack of personnel in Senior positions but in reality probably don't give a shit
  • pot noodles poetry and limericks beckon
  • My renewed passport came through a few weeks ago. Looks like a trip to Belgium will be its first use.
  • Sponsored links:

• lolwray said:

pot noodles poetry and limericks beckon

There once was an Aussie named Muir
    And a Belgian who did not concur
    On the sale of the club
    But they're yet to give up
    This saga has caused quite a stir
  • That large lady has put her music away ---- packed her bag and is siting on Charlton station off to a proper gig
  • Mrkinski said:

I'm beginning to think that if Douchebag remains - I need to go further than my season-ticket boycott, and move to a total boycott.

This ...
  • Due a statement now surely? Talks are ongoing or whatever. Even more proof that the old fuck doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself
  • Due a statement now surely? Talks are ongoing or whatever. Even more proof that the old fuck doesn't give a shit about anyone but himself

I agree. Time for CARD to put some pressure on the club/EFL
  • Not being of a Legal mind, I was wondering if this dipute could be taken to A.C.A.S. for it seems that no side is going to give in.

yeah because Card wasting a load of money is going to solve everything

Where would they spend money doing that?
  • Perhaps be should have said no, that would have fucked Duchebag and maybe forced his hand?
  • Sponsored links:

• Mrkinski said:

I'm beginning to think that if Douchebag remains - I need to go further than my season-ticket boycott, and move to a total boycott.

Of course. Boycotting was and is only option.

to be honest I got confused as another post said about going to Belgium and it was a quick post.

Nevertheless, CARD do not have any power and Roland will sell when he wants, not when CARD release another pointless statement.

to be honest I got confused as another post said about going to Belgium and it was a quick post.

Nevertheless, CARD do not have any power and Roland will sell when he wants, not when CARD release another pointless statement.
    Roland has said that the protests have influenced his decision to sell.

Ah that makes it a complete fact then!

I don't dislike CARD, they haven't done any harm and they mean well. I even agree they have really helped the cause, but it's just pointless now.

There is something fishy going on and CARD can do nothing whatsoever now except wait like the rest of us.
  • The last paragraph of Cawley’s article on Bowyer is the most important in my opinion, still don’t think an awful lot has changed in the past few days. Roland has got inpatient and maybe started leaking to the press again, but the Aussies are still clearly around and trying to complete it. Tomorrow is the ‘target’ date, whether that means after that they walk away or not I don’t know but I think past Konsa being sold there hasn’t really been much news we didn’t already know.
  • is the Peninsula move still on?

Why move? The Valley site is landlocked by the railway, Difficult to develop.

Chinese developers own most of the peninsula and are building homes and leisure facilities. Much more profitable than a stadium.

Ah that makes it a complete fact then!

I don't dislike CARD, they haven't done any harm and they mean well. I even agree they have really helped the cause, but it's just pointless now.

There is something fishy going on and CARD can do nothing whatsoever now except wait like the rest of us.
    I think it's quite naive to pretend CARD or fan pressure hasn't forced RD's hand at all.
    I'm not saying that, in fact I agreed they have helped the cause and no doubt Roland has felt the force of the fans. That has no doubt helped us get to this stage.

But I think it's incredibly naïve to think a CARD statement now will force the sale.

What do you think it will achieve? The Aussies find more money and/or Roland drops his asking price? It would be a complete waste of time and achieve nothing IMO
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!