Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Redhenry said:

Bad news chairs allegedly it’s two of ours

Excuse me ?
  • ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Have the Aussies got a bet on that this thread will reach 1000 pages?

Sorry, I was there first, with a slight difference :smiley:

Roland has a score on the thread getting to 1,000 pages by the end of the World Cup....

Are you Doucher in disguise........Are you Doucher in disguise......
  • I reckon AFKA summary is about right and would also not be surprised if we are now in a period of brinkmanship;

Aussies must surely be thinking, “RD wants out, does not want to put a penny more in, there is no income from the club and no one else looking to buy” so given we are all but done we will chip the price - gazundering - and, to an extent, why not as a lower price will allow more funds for squad investment I would hope.

However they may not have reckoned with RD, a billionaire who may just be mad enough to spite himself by “calling them”, demanding the price is maintained, telling them he will sell players/cut staff to cover costs and therefore not need to put any money in.

Trouble with that RD is that there is fuck all players of value left to sell and if he sells the last few and the Aussies step away he is fecked as we go down and then he would have to likely give the club away for nowt.

I reckon the aausies hold the cards and they know it, RD is posturing and selling Konsa was part of that.

This.
  • JamesSeed said:

J BLOCK said:

Are we 100% clear that the reason this hasn’t been wrapped up is with RD?

Because that may well not be the case.

Like maybe not showing they have monies

#Justsaying
    Surely, you don’t pass the fit and proper persons test without having funds, it’s a key part of passing it.
    That’s what I would like to think but the longer this whole shit show goes on you have to ask what the fuck is holding this up

Other clubs the takeover is complete pending a fit and proper persons test

We are doing the fit and proper yet no deal has been done (it would seem ) so surely the delay is on the buyers side not the sellers

There’s no evidence in the public domain to suggest this delay is caused by RD
    I agree with you @nth london addick . As much as I hate the guy I’m convinced that the delay is not down to RD.
    The Aussies said as much on 18th May, but they were talking about a legal entangelment that had to be dealt with, going back before RD's time. They said negotiations with him were tricky, but that he wanted the sale to happen. But it really won't be about their lack of funds.
    Can we presume that this legal entanglement is still unresolved then @JamesSeed and this is what is causing the hold up?
    I wish I knew.
  • Only 10 pages from the big 900

ross1 said:

ross1 said:

Have the Aussies got a bet on that this thread will reach 1000 pages?

Sorry, I was there first, with a slight difference :smiley:

Roland has a score on the thread getting to 1,000 pages by the end of the World Cup....

Are you Doucher in disguise........Are you Doucher in disguise......
    Definitely not, I like to get my like scores up, not flags :smiley:
  • I reckon AFKA summary is about right and would also not be surprised if we are now in a period of brinkmanship;

Aussies must surely be thinking, “RD wants out, does not want to put a penny more in, there is no income from the club and no one else looking to buy” so given we are all but done we will chip the price - gazundering - and, to an extent, why not as a lower price will allow more funds for squad investment I would hope.

However they may not have reckoned with RD, a billionaire who may just be mad enough to spite himself by “calling them”, demanding the price is maintained, telling them he will sell players/cut staff to cover costs and therefore not need to put any money in.

Trouble with that RD is that there is fuck all players of value left to sell and if he sells the last few and the Aussies step away he is fecked as we go down and then he would have to likely give the club away for nowt.

I reckon the aausies hold the cards and they know it, RD is posturing and selling Konsa was part of that.

If RD and the Aussies had agreed a price, and at the 11th hour the Aussies suddenly reduced their bid, why would RD be "mad" to reject this? I hate the guy and what he's done to us, but to me he'd be entirely in his rights to not reduce the price in those circumstances.

• I think its time for the Aussies to show some transparency now.

This whole saga has gone on far too long and we the long suffering fans are being mugged off in my opinion. This morning the deal was close, this evening its a million miles away. We won't get anything out of RD so perhaps they can enlighten us. They are supposed to be the good guys after all.

I'm rapidly losing faith with the Aussies and suspect they're as much to blame for the delays as RD.

After all they still haven't made a public statement about the takeover and their intentions (i.e. something on the record and "official" which is bizarre for a takeover of this type), and if it was RD who was causing the takeover to be delayed, surely they would be in public, blaming RD and highlighting that it wasn't their fault.

Whatever we might think about the purchase price, presumably they've agreed it with RD, and have had 6 months (or whatever) to get the financing sorted and paperwork done. If the holdup is due to them, and as a result he's having to fund losses beyond when he expected to have sold the club, it's not surprising that he's sold a player to cover them...
    Bang on the money for me, great post. I have never been convinced this deal was as far along as most of you as you will see from my previous posts. I have always said the silence from the Aussie camp and the press is deafening.
    Not for me. If I was Roland I'd have asked them to sign NDAs during negotiations. They're legally binding.
    But I suspect Roland's driving them nuts, hence info is coming out, but nothing official. One off the record comment made by my contact leads me to believe this is the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope you didn't type all them individually and that you utilised the copy and paste function
  • JamesSeed said:

I think its time for the Aussies to show some transparency now.

This whole saga has gone on far too long and we the long suffering fans are being mugged off in my opinion. This morning the deal was close, this evening its a million miles away. We won't get anything out of RD so perhaps they can enlighten us. They are supposed to be the good guys after all.

I'm rapidly losing faith with the Aussies and suspect they're as much to blame for the delays as RD.

After all they still haven't made a public statement about the takeover and their intentions (i.e. something on the record and "official" which is bizarre for a takeover of this type), and if it was RD who was causing the takeover to be delayed, surely they would be in public, blaming RD and highlighting that it wasn't their fault.

Whatever we might think about the purchase price, presumably they've agreed it with RD, and have had 6 months (or whatever) to get the financing sorted and paperwork done. If the holdup is due to them, and as a result he's having to fund losses beyond when he expected to have sold the club, it's not surprising that he's sold a player to cover them...
    I got the impression (beer meeting) there was an agreement, or at least an understanding, that there would be no pronouncements until the sale was completed. I inferred, without any evidence, that that might have been a request from RD.
    They said that they'd been inundated with messages and emails (and requests for interviews) that they couldn't answer until the sale was complete. I saw the fact they were now talking to Airman and Cawley as a sign that it was almost all over.

Have messaged my contact, but now they're dealing with Cawley and Airman I don't expect a reply, not one mentioning football anyway.
    Mate, time to take a day off now! Seriously!!!
    What, when it's all kicking off!? I'm away from Friday cycling in the peak district, so that'll be my break.
    Thanks though :-)
  • edited June 2018
    I don't see a takeover happening anytime soon.

In my view the sale of Konsa confirms that.

Anyone serious about taking over 'imminently' and with any ambition of improving the playing side significantly in a promotion attempt would have insisted on retaining one of our best young players unless offered 'silly money' which wouldn't be the case from Brentford with all due respect to them.

Duchatelet is at the helm for the forseeable.

In best Kevin Keegan mode I'd absolutely LOVE to be proved wrong.

• 9 pages off the big 900

Keep posting
  • So either the info re: fit and proper tests being complete is incorrect. Or it's Roland pissing about AGAIN.

Is that the long and short of it?

Or they are still only offering £25-£30M and he still wants his £40M+

By getting titbits of info out there trying to force each other to change their valuation.

Just waiting for RH's Saudis to jump in with a £32M bid now!
  • We are fucked.
  • If Duchatelet still owns Charlton by the start of next season League 2 beckons. Totally sick of Duchatelet & why the hell is this deal taking so long to sort out ? My faith in the authenticity of the Australians is strained to breaking point. This is not a multi billion company merger. Sort it out FFS.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    I'm not sure he's really that desperate to sell if he's putting out there that he's making plans for next season.

Why would he bother with us at all (other than to sell players) if he has no intention of being here?

Roland is desperate to sell, but only at his own valuation.
  • 'Woke up this morning feeling fine
    Got Charlton athletic on my mind.....'

Now going to bed pissed off!!!
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

I think its time for the Aussies to show some transparency now.

I got the impression (beer meeting) there was an agreement, or at least an understanding, that there would be no pronouncements until the sale was completed. I inferred, without any evidence, that that might have been a request from RD.
    They said that they'd been inundated with messages and emails (and requests for interviews) that they couldn't answer until the sale was complete. I saw the fact they were now talking to Airman and Cawley as a sign that it was almost all over.

Have messaged my contact, but now they're dealing with Cawley and Airman I don't expect a reply, not one mentioning football anyway.
    Mate, time to take a day off now! Seriously!!!
    What, when it's all kicking off!? I'm away from Friday cycling in the peak district, so that'll be my break.
    Thanks though :-)
    Can you backtrack on a cycle? Result if you can!
  • edited June 2018

I'm not sure he's really that desperate to sell if he's putting out there that he's making plans for next season.

Why would he bother with us at all (other than to sell players) if he has no intention of being here?

Roland is desperate to sell, but only at his own valuation.

There might be something in this.

We could call it the decay, or wither on the vine, scenario.

Roland reckons negotiation shenanigans have reached a point where he ought to get over to London to check it out, for his underlings with the cheque book to bring him up to speed, to hear encouragingly that there is a bid for Konsa (maybe several others too) which makes the losses not so bad. He meets with Richard Murray who (this is speculation on my part) wants to be a main player in contravention of the Aussie wishes, so Murray is not averse to painting Roland a picture that he could easily carry on there with a big fire sale, and a team of Andrew Croft/Doodoo type players could be assembled, and Bow wouldn't mind being the manager.

The expense of printing programmes can be cut from the budget, and with lower attendances there may be staffing cuts or trimming in other areas, and then off we go into next season, with Murray doing his mate Roland a huge favour by being Chairman and keeping an eye on things.

'Don't worry Roland' says Richard, 'it's all doable, all under control, we might even get lucky and get a manager who won't want out, what's Nobby Vinegar up to?'

If I am right then I reckon some form of protest/resistance might well happen from the very start, with a lot of people not inclined to give this institution backing, despite affection for Jacko and Bowyer, and to express disquiet further and in fresh and creative ways.

If RD and the Aussies had agreed a price, and at the 11th hour the Aussies suddenly reduced their bid, why would RD be "mad" to reject this? I hate the guy and what he's done to us, but to me he'd be entirely in his rights to not reduce the price in those circumstances.

He would of course be within his rights.

My point is that IF this is a game of brinksmanship then, to me, the Aussies hold the cards.

RD wants out, as I see it his choices are a) sell for whatever you can get ASAP, b) don’t sell, sell players/cut staff so he doesnt have to put more of his money in but we are almost certainties for relegation and he has a worthless club, no saleable playing assets left and has probably had to dip his hand in the pocket to keep us afloat along the way anyway, c) plan for next season and invest his cash to aim for promotion (can’t see this happening in a Million years).

These are not good options for RD.
  • For the first time on this thread I have skipped 5 pages.

I’ll hazard (probably not a target) a summary:

Deal terms agreed with Australian consortium.

Deal terms involve a reduction in price based on staff cuts and player sales reducing the price by amounts received/reduced but without full control of the consortium of what price is achieved.

Duchatelet and his minions (looking at you Murray) agree under Aussie value price which they believe is in contrast to their belief on agreeing terms that it will be in good faith
    Any buyer realises Duchatelet is not trustworthy and thinks about negotiating a wanker sale price

A) Problems ensue.

Or

B) it’s all final deal reps from both sides before the inevitable conclusion shortly to be announced.

I’m going with b), full briefing by both sides and representations to shift the price by small amounts in the whole scheme.

No way Duchatelet is owner even in the short term (by which I mean for next season). He may feel the need to represent that and carve out a few million through the way he has done the deal but it’s unlikely for me to be significant because he is not an absolute fucking idiot and he will get a lot less after he has failed to get anyone in to run the club and we are mid league 1 next season.

Even he knows this.

Calm down. Take a breath, if I’m wrong, I’ll be out to Belgium again like a shot.
  • Without being any way in the know, Duchatelet is losing something in the region of £1M a month. The longer he owns us the more he loses. The Aussies know this, and wont budge on sale price. The Great Turing still hankers for someone to come along dafter than him, to buy us without doing proper DD. It's either a hangover from what the spivs leftover or his "friendly debt" from his mismanagement. My reading is, the Aussies won't blink and the sale will go ahead in the next two weeks or he will run us into the ground and he'll be left with a couple of plots of land in South East London which he'd have difficulty getting the kind of planning permision he wants.
    THE GAMES UP, FECK OFF
  • My counsel to anyone with ode in contacts at this stage would be to consider your source and do not allow anyone to create a posture through you.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!