Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Have the Aussies got a bet on that this thread will reach 1000 pages?
  • edited June 2018
    I thought James Seed had intimated more than on one occasion that funds were not the issue with the EFL. Although not disclosed it may have been to do with members of the consortium having financial intertests with other clubs.

Edit: Just seen Addicted's post giving the all clear from the EFL
  • How about a price was agreed prior to the Konsa sale but now the Aussies want to pay x million less and Roland is throwing a tantrum about it?
  • And before anybody questions why somebody so rich can be an idiot - Didn't Howard Hughes go completely mad? Roland's behaviours have been that of a delusional madman for years!
  • One day somewhere in the future... we will be sold... i hope... maybe
  • I think its time for the Aussies to show some transparency now.

This whole saga has gone on far too long and we the long suffering fans are being mugged off in my opinion. This morning the deal was close, this evening its a million miles away. We won't get anything out of RD so perhaps they can enlighten us. They are supposed to be the good guys after all.

I'm rapidly losing faith with the Aussies and suspect they're as much to blame for the delays as RD.

After all they still haven't made a public statement about the takeover and their intentions (i.e. something on the record and "official" which is bizarre for a takeover of this type), and if it was RD who was causing the takeover to be delayed, surely they would be in public, blaming RD and highlighting that it wasn't their fault.

Whatever we might think about the purchase price, presumably they've agreed it with RD, and have had 6 months (or whatever) to get the financing sorted and paperwork done. If the holdup is due to them, and as a result he's having to fund losses beyond when he expected to have sold the club, it's not surprising that he's sold a player to cover them...
    Bang on the money for me, great post. I have never been convinced this deal was as far along as most of you as you will see from my previous posts. I have always said the silence from the Aussie camp and the press is deafening.
  • We need confirmaton from the EFL about whether the Aussies have met the fit and proper persons requirements before we can decide who is responsible for the latest stand-off.

I thought someone posted on here this morning his contact from within the EFL had text to say "all past and completed" or was that a load of tosh as well?
  • cabbles said:

Hats off to JJ and Solly throughout all of these last 4 and a bit years. I know Solly has had injuries and the club have always stood by him, but what he and JJ have had to put up with has been farcical

When all this shit is over I think those two, like the rest of the fans, deserve a happy ending

PS - mehmet, not that happy ending

Difficult to disagree, but at least they were getting paid to endure it all. What about us?
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

I think its time for the Aussies to show some transparency now.

This whole saga has gone on far too long and we the long suffering fans are being mugged off in my opinion. This morning the deal was close, this evening its a million miles away. We won't get anything out of RD so perhaps they can enlighten us. They are supposed to be the good guys after all.

I'm rapidly losing faith with the Aussies and suspect they're as much to blame for the delays as RD.

After all they still haven't made a public statement about the takeover and their intentions (i.e. something on the record and "official" which is bizarre for a takeover of this type), and if it was RD who was causing the takeover to be delayed, surely they would be in public, blaming RD and highlighting that it wasn't their fault.

Whatever we might think about the purchase price, presumably they've agreed it with RD, and have had 6 months (or whatever) to get the financing sorted and paperwork done. If the holdup is due to them, and as a result he's having to fund losses beyond when he expected to have sold the club, it's not surprising that he's sold a player to cover them...
    I got the impression (beer meeting) there was an agreement, or at least an understanding, that there would be no pronouncements until the sale was completed. I inferred, without any evidence, that that might have been a request from RD.
    They said that they'd been inundated with messages and emails (and requests for interviews) that they couldn't answer until the sale was complete. I saw the fact they were now talking to Airman and Cawley as a sign that it was almost all over.

Have messaged my contact, but now they're dealing with Cawley and Airman I don't expect a reply, not one mentioning football anyway.
    Mate, time to take a day off now! Seriously!!!
  • cabbles said:

Hats off to JJ and Solly throughout all of these last 4 and a bit years. I know Solly has had injuries and the club have always stood by him, but what he and JJ have had to put up with has been farcical

When all this shit is over I think those two, like the rest of the fans, deserve a happy ending

PS - mehmet, not that happy ending

Difficult to disagree, but at least they were getting paid to endure it all. What about us?
    A can of fosters :wink:
  • How about a price was agreed prior to the Konsa sale but now the Aussies want to pay x million less and Roland is throwing a tantrum about it?

Surely the sale should have been completed well before the Konsa sale even became a possibility?

IF the EFL have approved the deal and the Aussies were all ready to go and about to announce the takeover, RD wouldn't suddenly sell a player to derail the process, as he's know the money would come off the price anyway and presumably would mean delays and lawyer/accountant fees as the paperwork was updated.

That suggests to me that the Aussies aren't yet ready to go
  • Not read this thread since the 9th any updates.
    Did elfsborg did I get an apology from elfsborg.
  • clb74 said:

Not read this thread since the 9th any updates.

You're an apology......for a man.
  • Where do we go from here if this has all gone belly up, League 2?
  • Stig said:

Never, in the field of human conflict, has so much been written by people who didn't have a Scooby what's going on.

I don't think Roland knows what his doing one day to the next.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bad news chairs allegedly it’s two of ours
  • clb74 said:

Not read this thread since the 9th any updates.

You're an apology......for a man.
    That a no then.
  • I've had to page back I don't know how many pages to try to figure out what this latest blather is about until I find that it's because we've sold Konsa.

Is anyone seriously even remotely surprised by this?!

Quite apart from the fact that Konsa has wanted out for months, I said quite some time ago that RD would get his money back and that it wouldn't matter if:

you didn't buy season tickets
    didn't turn up to games
    turned up to game but didn't buy any chips or
    didn't buy anything in the shop.

The only thing any of that that would ensure is that people at the club would lose their jobs and he would strip more assets to get his money back.

The well organised and choreographed protests and turning up to his town to embarrass him were more than enough to see off his planet-sized ego and did the job, I'm sure. The odd idiot intimidating other fans because they wouldn't walk out of a game was totally counter-productive. The money though, was always a zero sum game.

I've no doubt that part of whatever deal he has agreed includes the proviso that he doesn't underwrite any ongoing losses from some expected completion date, unless the delay wasn't down to him - he'd have been mad not to - and they would have signed expecting that it wouldn't have taken this long to close.

So, hopefully everyone can all calm down now and look forward to a new, better era. I hope. I really hope.

• Redhenry said:

Bad news chairs allegedly it’s two of ours

Huh
  • Fumbluff said:

Redhenry said:

Huh
    Think that was meant to be for another thread.
  • I think its time for the Aussies to show some transparency now.

Bang on the money for me, great post. I have never been convinced this deal was as far along as most of you as you will see from my previous posts. I have always said the silence from the Aussie camp and the press is deafening.
    Their website says they won’t be commenting until a deal has completed, so I doubt we’ll hear anything from them.
    We remain hopeful of being able to conclude a deal in due course but we will not be making any statements or comments until a deal is completed.
    https://www.australianfc.com.au
  • Redhenry said:

@Redhenry was this meant for Two Footballers arrested in Ibiza thread?
  • Roland has a score on the thread getting to 1,000 pages by the end of the World Cup....
  • edited June 2018
  • edited June 2018
    ross1 said:

Have the Aussies got a bet on that this thread will reach 1000 pages?

Sorry, I was there first, with a slight difference :smiley:

Roland has a score on the thread getting to 1,000 pages by the end of the World Cup....

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!