Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:

“Muir has brought together other investors and a five-year business plan is in place for the Addicks, detailing the spend needed over that period to try and get the club back into the top flight.”

Key bit for me

• RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

DOUCHER said:

Rear end dweller can't handle avid supporters evident reality

You know what my old cocker, it's a shame I'm not 35 years younger and we couldn't have come face to face on the pitch. Trust me neither of us would have lasted 90 mins, get my drift. Still one one day hopefully we can still have a meet up.
    Alright Reams, calm down son.
    Thanks for the flag by the way Franck I've got the full set now.
    Red Chaser 30 years ago, before the greying barnet.
    Don't you start! :wink:
    I'm back!

I'll get the beer off ya eventually.
    I heard you wanted to go back over to the dark side :)
    Never again.
  • Redhenry said:
    Sounds like he's been talking directly to the Aussies. That's a sales pitch to the fans. Not complaining as they are already sounding more open and ambitious than Duchatelet.

All sounds good but what happens in five years time if we aren't in the premier league? Or even if we are?

WIOTOS
    Five year plans get updated every year, so in five years, we have a new five year plan! Part of any five year plan could be to use the exit strategy at any appropriate stage...
  • edited June 2018
    Pedro45 said:

Redhenry said:
    Sounds like he's been talking directly to the Aussies. That's a sales pitch to the fans. Not complaining as they are already sounding more open and ambitious than Duchatelet.

All sounds good but what happens in five years time if we aren't in the premier league? Or even if we are?

WIOTOS
    Five year plans get updated every year, so in five years, we have a new five year plan! Part of any five year plan could be to use the exit strategy at any appropriate stage...
    Perhaps but what's the exit strategy?
  • Pedro45 said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS
    True but what's the exit strategy?
    They haven't even got here yet - forget the exit strategy for now!
  • edited June 2018
    Mrkinski said:

Pedro45 said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS
    Mrkinski said:

Pedro45 said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS
    Mrkinski said:

Pedro45 said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS
    Wh
    Mrkinski said:

Pedro45 said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS
    Sorry, can't do that.
  • @Henry Irving

Just replace underpants with points and imagine they’re wearing cork hats.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pedro45 said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS
    What kind of exit strategy do you think the fans would like to hear?

Because that's the one you're probably going to get.
  • Sage said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS
    Can see it already, getting those many questions written down waiting to get the answers from them. The good thing is, I think we will get to see their plan and thinking a lot sooner than if it were someone else.

If they come out and say we are going to finish the training ground by X date. We are going to invest in the academy. We are going to invest in the team so we get promotion at the earliest opportunity. And with steady growth, we aim to have brought back many thousands of supporters giving us an average attendance of 18,000-20,000. This alongside our planned progression, our objective is to be a Premier League team by the end of year 5, 2022/23 or 2023/24.

I think that is an excellent proposal and a realistic one too, as long as the investment was in the right areas of the club, to the right type of people, and the right players to enable this to happen.
    Agree entirely.
  • Pedro45 said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS

Of course but how different things might have been if we'd known Duchatelet didn't care about winning games from the start?
  • Scoham said:

@Henry Irving

Just replace underpants with points and imagine they’re wearing cork hats.

This must be be a young person thing as it's whooshed over my head. Is it like Space Invaders? : - )
  • Sage said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS
    Can see it already, getting those many questions written down waiting to get the answers from them. The good thing is, I think we will get to see their plan and thinking a lot sooner than if it were someone else.

If they come out and say we are going to finish the training ground by X date. We are going to invest in the academy. We are going to invest in the team so we get promotion at the earliest opportunity. And with steady growth, we aim to have brought back many thousands of supporters giving us an average attendance of 18,000-20,000. This alongside our planned progression, our objective is to be a Premier League team by the end of year 5, 2022/23 or 2023/24.

I think that is an excellent proposal and a realistic one too, as long as the investment was in the right areas of the club, to the right type of people, and the right players to enable this to happen.
    So, a wishlist?
  • A recent piece from Andrew Muir on corporate social responsibility.

https://probonoaustralia.com.au/news/2018/06/ensure-support-staff-undertaking-csr-program/
  • Chizz said:

Sage said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS

So, a wishlist?
    Yes, something like that, just a thought out and realistic one.
  • Pedro45 said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS
    We can only guess, but presumably to sell at a massive profit (if we are ensconced in the EPL at that stage), or get out and cut the losses if not?
  • Pedro45 said:

Pedro45 said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS
    We can only guess, but presumably to sell at a massive profit (if we are ensconced in the EPL at that stage), or get out and cut the losses if not?
    Happiness and contentment. :o)
  • Sponsored links:

• My guess fwiw would be a plan to get into the PL over the five or six years and then see where they are. Even achieving the aim of getting to the top flight doesn’t mean that they would necessarily sell. They are a consortium of wealthy individuals who on getting where they had hoped might decide to run with it for a few years. Failure to achieve the promotion to the top flight might be more of an incentive to sell than the other. Having thrown x millions at it they might decide they have had enough. I think an exit strategy is like most things. A moveable feast.
  • Does the 5 year plan include the 2 years already spent?
  • Pedro45 said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS

Of course but how different things might have been if we'd known Duchatelet didn't care about winning games from the start?
    Not caring about winning is nothing to do with an exit strategy though is it? Plus I am not sure it would have been different, he would still have bought us, put his mad cap plan in place, done what he has done and been protested against. Only change is those protests may have started a little earlier I guess.
  • Pedro45 said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS

But Roland's exit strategy wouldn't have been to get us relegated and lose a load of money. He's just a shit owner and a shit person.

Personally couldn't care less about their end game as long as they are ambitious enough to take us the Championship and push for the Prem.
  • DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

What is OAFDUMP

Its been driving me nuts for weeks

Once again forthright DOUCHER unilaterally marks position - no wind up - info from seller side as opposed to all others apart from NLA, hence why all the usual r getting their knickers in a twist and calling me a WUM - the Aussie originated info is more rose tinted than mine and always has been but if u don't want to know what's really happening, ignore my posts
    It's not rose tinted. It's a factual account of what they said. No spin whatsoever.
    the aussies give a more optimistic account, not u. jesus, like pulling teeth on here
    Actually, I for one, understood what you were trying to say. Maybe the Aussies are trying to put a better spin on things, purely because they know us fans have had to put up with a lot of shit over the past 4 years & deserve some good news for once....and because the the club is saying diddly squat they want at least some news to be put out there.Which leads me to my HOWEVER....

you said that its not seen that way from the sellers point of view. Seeing as there is literally no-one on the sellers side who knows anything apart from RD himself, then I'd say you are being fed by him, or by someone very close to him (and if that person is UK based it can only be RM)....so please excuse me if I say that the news you are being fed is being done on purpose to muddy the waters, to cause us angst & to make us doubt the Aussies...

I have stayed well clear of all the willy waving & all the I said/ you said crap.....but you have clearly been wrong on at least 2 occasions - once over DD & again over the lodgment of papers to the EFL and I believe you will ultimately be found out again

3 strikes & your out mr Duchatelet....
    I Agree.

Now NLA and Doucher have revealed their sources are from within the current regime it explains why they are so hostile to Airman's and Jimmy's info which is direct from the Aussie's. They may not realise it themselves but they seem to be briefing against the Aussie consortium on Roland's behalf. Of course the Aussie's are optimistic, that's their negotiating position and any info coming from the current regime will pour cold water on any Aussie claims. We've no idea what the Aussie's will really be like but we do know how deluded Roland can be and that he rarely deals in the truth. After saying that the truth is probably somewhere in the middle of the two positions.
  • Addickted said:

Sage said:

Redhenry said:

WIOTOS

Very limited plan - no real in depth analysis at all. The first Board meeting would do well to include the above as well as the following on the agenda.

1) Car Park Pot Holes
    2) Chip portions
    3) Sparrows Lane 'trench'
    4) Boiler replacement
    5) The 'Club Secretary's wife' conundrum
    Can’t believe I was so naive. Forget anything else, those 5 are are the most pressing issues at the club :wink:
  • Ground hog day,
    Have I said that before ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!