Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Correct me if i am wrong, but i have not heard about any due diligence, when i worked for a firm that got sold, the company was overrun with people checking stock, measuring the site. Key staff were interviewed.
    Also list of assets made. Surely if this had happened someone at the Training Ground, Club shop, ticket office would have leaked something!

I think if this does not happen by then of this month, we can forget promotion, we will be lucky not to drop down to DIV2

Thought due diligence was done a long time ago.
  • Correct me if i am wrong, but i have not heard about any due diligence, when i worked for a firm that got sold, the company was overrun with people checking stock, measuring the site. Key staff were interviewed.
    Also list of assets made. Surely if this had happened someone at the Training Ground, Club shop, ticket office would have leaked something!

I think if this does not happen by then of this month, we can forget promotion, we will be lucky not to drop down to DIV2

That happened back in October/November 2017 as far as we know.
  • JamesSeed said:

Richard Cawley

#cafc takeover update. It is hoped - and I must emphasise that word - that the takeover will happen this week. But, but, but - there are variables that mean this is not definite.

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    I've been told that nothing issue-wise on the 'fit and proper' EFL test. But Andrew Muir's consortium have had to be patient in this process. #cafc

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    Muir flew back into the UK before the weekend. Duchatelet not slowing deal - he just wants to offload #cafc.

So what's stopping the deal from going through? Both parties want it to happen.
    It does beg that question.

The Aussie have been on the scene since March 17 and Duchatelet expected a sale in at least as far back as January 18 as he didnt see any need to replace Meire as he was about to sell.

Money, either the lack of or disagreement on price I guess. The "when we know what division we are in" never made sense with the lack of replacement for Meire six months ago and make no sense now given the deal still hasn't been announced.

It feels to me like the fat lady is clearing her throat.
    I guess all will be revealed, and my guess it'll all be very tedious. I was told it's all to do with Slater/Jiminez era.
    They also said they've been working on this deal for two years, which is why they've spent £1m so far.
    Let's hope they're quicker at doing deals to sign players then, seeing as we need at least 8 or 9 in the next 7 weeks.
    ross1 said:

What we must remember, is that a this time of the year, apart from anyone buying season tickets, there is no money coming in. The players and staff still have to be paid, so who is paying them, RD at the moment, as soon as the Aussies take over they will have to pick up the wage bill and other ongoing bills, (water, electricity, etc), so perhaps they are stalling as long as possible so their cost will be smaller, after all, they would have already agreed a price with RD. No wonder RD wants the deal finished

No they're not worried about this. If they were I'd rather they bought a different club.
  • edited June 2018

ross1 said:

What we must remember, is that a this time of the year, apart from anyone buying season tickets, there is no money coming in. The players and staff still have to be paid, so who is paying them, RD at the moment, as soon as the Aussies take over they will have to pick up the wage bill and other ongoing bills, (water, electricity, etc), so perhaps they are stalling as long as possible so their cost will be smaller, after all, they would have already agreed a price with RD. No wonder RD wants the deal finished

if they are worried about an extra month's wage/water/electricity bill then we really are even more fucked with the Aussies!!!
    Why do you think they are? It was only speculation by someone. Pretty sure they're not.
  • The Cawley update is re-assuring, but there is clearly a variable that we don't know here and without it, nothing makes sense. It will be good to know what it was at a later date!
  • The Cawley update is re-assuring, but there is clearly a variable that we don't know here and without it, nothing makes sense. It will be good to know what it was at a later date!

Agreed, the variable must be the involvement of people who have a stake in other clubs. That's my view reading between the lines.
  • J BLOCK said:

The Cawley update is re-assuring, but there is clearly a variable that we don't know here and without it, nothing makes sense. It will be good to know what it was at a later date!

Agreed, the variable must be the involvement of people who have a stake in other clubs. That's my view reading between the lines.
    "Must" is a bit strong IMHO

It could be but could also be other issues around the bonds, division of ownership within the consortium, liabilities, insurance, leases, the museum, the uncompleted work at the training ground or just someone spelt Gerard as "Gerald" and the EFL sent all the info back.
  • edited June 2018
    Mal said:

All I would say is how amazed I am at the number of "sources telling someone this an that", yet look carefully and most are copies of the same tune our Mr James Seed tells, no wonder it gets so confusing on this forum at times, I will stick to James and Airman for news and updates in future, then I wont lose any more hair.

He did get this info independently, I think from a different source @Mal . I only have one contact, whereas he has loads.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018

Summary 11 June 2018

Reports of a overweight Italian lady warming up her vocal chords in Floyd Road have yet to be confirmed.

To be pedantic - overweight German lady warming up her vocal chords
  • I'm ready for the big announcement.

You need a couple of socks as well.
    At my age one (small) sock will suffice.
  • JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

if they are worried about an extra month's wage/water/electricity bill then we really are even more fucked with the Aussies!!!
    Why do you think they are? It was only speculation by someone. Pretty sure they're not.
    Given that we lose c£1m a month, an extra bit of leccy or water won’t touch the sides and they’ll run out of money pretty quick.

Am sure that’s not the reason, hence my original response....fingers crossed they have cash, get this sorted quickly and are in it for the long haul
  • JamesSeed said:

ross1 said:

Given that we lose c£1m a month, an extra bit of leccy or water won’t touch the sides and they’ll run out of money pretty quick.

Am sure that’s not the reason, hence my original response....fingers crossed they have cash, get this sorted quickly and are in it for the long haul
    I still think they're crazy ;-)
  • Scoham said:

Cawley probably has other sources.

• I am getting confused between third person and first person, so in the second person I say you will understand it all before me. (me is in the first person)
  • I'm ready for the big announcement.

Pot Noodle AND Angel Delight.

What a celebration!
  • Sponsored links:

• cafcwill said:

I'm ready for the big announcement.

Pot Noodle AND Angel Delight.

What a celebration!
    He's just a gourmand show off...
  • So... are red bull gonna move us to the peninsular? What’s everyone’s views on that?
  • DOUCHER said:

What is OAFDUMP

Its been driving me nuts for weeks

Once again forthright DOUCHER unilaterally marks position - no wind up - info from seller side as opposed to all others apart from NLA, hence why all the usual r getting their knickers in a twist and calling me a WUM - the Aussie originated info is more rose tinted than mine and always has been but if u don't want to know what's really happening, ignore my posts
    A post which says "Ignore My Posts". Remember that signpost on the Frost program Which said "Do Not Throw Stones at this Notice"? Nothing else, just that.
  • DOUCHER said:

Rear end dweller can't handle avid supporters evident reality

Nope....I don't think OAFDUMP stands for that.
  • DOUCHER said:

What is OAFDUMP

Its been driving me nuts for weeks

Once again forthright DOUCHER unilaterally marks position - no wind up - info from seller side as opposed to all others apart from NLA, hence why all the usual r getting their knickers in a twist and calling me a WUM - the Aussie originated info is more rose tinted than mine and always has been but if u don't want to know what's really happening, ignore my posts
    It's not rose tinted. It's a factual account of what they said. No spin whatsoever.
  • So... are red bull gonna move us to the peninsular? What’s everyone’s views on that?

think you will find that housing developments will take up all the space there
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!