Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Richard Cawley

#cafc takeover update. It is hoped - and I must emphasise that word - that the takeover will happen this week. But, but, but - there are variables that mean this is not definite.

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    I've been told that nothing issue-wise on the 'fit and proper' EFL test. But Andrew Muir's consortium have had to be patient in this process. #cafc

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    Muir flew back into the UK before the weekend. Duchatelet not slowing deal - he just wants to offload #cafc.

So what's stopping the deal from going through? Both parties want it to happen.
    RM
    ITV - Sky Sports - BBC - Channel 5 - 909, sorting out who wants to call it first.
  • edited June 2018
    Hmmm...
  • DOUCHER said:

won't argue with you guys but you do amuse me

Mine was a genuine question though, I really don't care who blesses me with the information, there seemed to be a disconnect between what was being said.
  • DOUCHER said:

won't argue with you guys but you do amuse me

• Depends on how things go this week I guess - the view was it will be a couple of weeks - I said last week that the deal wasn't done - until then everybody assumed it was and it was initially a case of just coming back and announcing, then it was problems with EFL - neither of those things came from me - I just said it isn't a done deal and meetings will be happening starting at the weekend.
  • edited June 2018
    DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

Really appreciate your comments James Seed but back off on your cringe factor with I’m first this that and the other , it’s not pretty

Agreed. You and @Airman Brown are right, but it just felt a bit creepy seeing this info appearing a few days later like that. But apparently he had that info confirmed today, hence his tweets. Good stuff. It really is about to happen, isn't it.
    Relax jimmy - Cawley is just reiterating what I said last week which is no surprise coz he gets told a few days after I do normally. OAFDUMP, however annoying that may be for some.
    Just like I said the other day, GSKFOVEKDHSK, okay everyone, GSKFOVEKDHSK.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

Really appreciate your comments James Seed but back off on your cringe factor with I’m first this that and the other , it’s not pretty

Agreed. You and @Airman Brown are right, but it just felt a bit creepy seeing this info appearing a few days later like that. But apparently he had that info confirmed today, hence his tweets. Good stuff. It really is about to happen, isn't it.
    Relax jimmy - Cawley is just reiterating what I said last week which is no surprise coz he gets told a few days after I do normally. OAFDUMP, however annoying that may be for some.
    How do you know when Cawley was told? It may be that he waited until today to share the info, for whatever reason.
  • edited June 2018
  • DOUCHER said:

Depends on how things go this week I guess - the view was it will be a couple of weeks - I said last week that the deal wasn't done - until then everybody assumed it was and it was initially a case of just coming back and announcing, then it was problems with EFL - neither of those things came from me - I just said it isn't a done deal and meetings will be happening starting at the weekend.

yet it's been with the EFL for a couple of weeks now.

• DOUCHER said:

Depends on how things go this week I guess - the view was it will be a couple of weeks - I said last week that the deal wasn't done - until then everybody assumed it was and it was initially a case of just coming back and announcing, then it was problems with EFL - neither of those things came from me - I just said it isn't a done deal and meetings will be happening starting at the weekend.

Common knowledge isn't it?
  • sorry red robin / large - I can't answer you because I don't know what your questions are - I assume u r asking me something as u r quoting me
  • edited June 2018

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

No-one reiterates what you say Doucher.
    To be fair he/she did say last week,,,,..... "don't panic it will happen" & I did say in my post "it will happen" because how can he be wrong with that prediction :smiley:
  • PeteF said:

DOUCHER said:

Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

How do you know when Cawley was told? It may be that he waited until today to share the info, for whatever reason.
    true but very unlikely
    I know of many occasions where Richard Cawley has received info but not rushed to publish it, because the source has asked him to hold back the information or because he has been checking the information before publishing.
    This is true. I know for fact he held back on this piece last year from someone well connected to senior management. He was beaten to it by The Independent in the end. Better to be safe than sorry Rich.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/vol-au-vent-comeback-return-why-uk-70s-hors-doevre-party-food-a8107431.html
  • Mametz said:

addick05 said:

Big week this one, one way or t’other

And I'm off on holiday. The gilfriend will get very angry of I spend the whole time on this site waiting for it to happen.

Then again I did pay for the holiday as she's still a student (scrounger sponger etc.) So I'm probably within my rights to tell her to fuck off.
    Yes, but you won't will you?

Probably not. I'm a pussy.
    You seem like a very confused young man!
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

Just so we can all chill out, Rich now has contact with consortium and after speaking to them (and another party today) was able to put out those tweets today. The fact they they mirrored what I heard from GM isn’t surprising therefore.
    I apologised to Rich for jumping to the wrong conclusions. Oddly, I wasn't following him on Twitter but I am now. In fact, he didn’t mention anything I’d put out until he’d had it confirmed by Aussies and others. Proper journo.
    What Doucher has got to do with this I have no idea l, as I didn’t notice him putting out the same info as I put out?
    I’m not going to have to hassle my old mate for info now, which is good news.
  • edited June 2018
    Scoham said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

His tweets today were from info received this morning.
  • Macronate said:

What a week this could turn out to be.

Possible takeover, start of the World Cup and four more episodes of Love Island.

And it’s my birthday today x
    Hb CM.
    Thanx
  • Solidgone said:

#catfordmorry Many happy returns of the day.

I can feel the love from charltonlife.
    Despite a few minor altercations we’re one big happy family.
    What a fabulous thing it is to be an Addick.
  • Solidgone said:

#catfordmorry Many happy returns of the day.

I can feel the love from charltonlife.
    Despite a few minor altercations we’re one big happy family.
    What a fabulous thing it is to be an Addick.
    Someone has had a birthday beer ;)
  • edited June 2018
    seth plum said:

Macronate said:

What a week this could turn out to be.

Possible takeover, start of the World Cup and four more episodes of Love Island.

And it’s my birthday today x
    Here's to 100 more of them.
    Thanks Seth, if the takeover goes through I’ll settle for a little less.
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

Just so we can all chill out, Rich now has contact with consortium and after speaking to them (and another party today) was able to put out those tweets today. The fact they they mirrored what I heard from GM isn’t surprising therefore.
    I apologised to Rich for jumping to the wrong conclusions. Oddly, I wasn't following him on Twitter but I am now. In fact, he didn’t mention anything I’d put out until he’d had it confirmed by Aussies and others. Proper journo.
    What Doucher has got to do with this I have no idea l, as I didn’t notice him putting out the same info as I put out?
    I’m not going to have to hassle my old mate for info now, which is good news.
    have you ever previously named Gerald Murphy as your source?

General Manager
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!