Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Richard Cawley

#cafc takeover update. It is hoped - and I must emphasise that word - that the takeover will happen this week. But, but, but - there are variables that mean this is not definite.

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    I've been told that nothing issue-wise on the 'fit and proper' EFL test. But Andrew Muir's consortium have had to be patient in this process. #cafc

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    Muir flew back into the UK before the weekend. Duchatelet not slowing deal - he just wants to offload #cafc.

So what's stopping the deal from going through? Both parties want it to happen.
    It does beg that question.

The Aussie have been on the scene since March 17 and Duchatelet expected a sale in at least as far back as January 18 as he didnt see any need to replace Meire as he was about to sell.

Money, either the lack of or disagreement on price I guess. The "when we know what division we are in" never made sense with the lack of replacement for Meire six months ago and make no sense now given the deal still hasn't been announced.

It feels to me like the fat lady is clearing her throat.
    Should your last paragraph be linked to your post on the lies thread?
    great linkage @Todds_right_hook but you have a very dirty mind : - )
  • Sage said:

JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

Said for the past 2-3 weeks at least, I was told they believe it would be announced before the World Cup begins. Of course they would’ve hoped sooner, but ultimately, I have repeatedly said Thursday 14th June.

We shall see. Fingers crossed.

And thank you, @JamesSeed it is always appreciated and what can’t be stressed enough is the key words Henry highlighted. People, please don’t jump on his back. This is solid information.

The end is nigh.

Thanks. I don't personally think the delays have been anything to do with the World Cup, although you can see why they would want it done and dusted by then.

No disrespect to anyone but I lost interest in this thread months ago after the first 100 “should be done by this weekend” posts, and have just clocked what WIOTOS means, and with that, that’s exactly what I’m gonna wait for, up the addicks sooner the better the worlds most frustrating forum thread ends the better!

To all......

This is a direct message from one of the consortium. Yes we're all fed up with false dawns, but it's only a message saying the EFL haven't blocked the bid, and that they HOPE to be able to make an announcement later in the week.

No one's guessing dates here. Nothing's definitive. It's merely a message, which expresses some positivity.

You don't have to read the thread if you don't want to. Certainly wouldn't blame you for staying away.

Please don't shoot the messenger. None of this is my opinion, or my prediction.
    @JamesSeed I wasn’t insinuating that the delay was anything to do with the World Cup. I was merely saying that I was told around 2-3 weeks ago that it was believed to be announced prior to it beginning, hence why I’ve said Thursday 14th June since around 24th May.

All of your information is brilliant, but was just explaining in more detail of why I have said Thursday 14th June.
    Sorry I misread your post mate.

I genuinely think no one knows anything for sure, including the Aussies, hence Henry's WIOTOS.

Would be nice to move on to talk about transfer targets or signings, rather than this takeover saga that is getting so boring now.
    Completely agree.

It has become tedious, a long time ago, but it shows how complicated and how much of a mess things are/were. The sooner it’s announced the better and we can begin the real hard work and assembling a squad good enough for promotion.
    Way things are going I will be happy if we can cobble a squad together that avoids relegation!

• Big week this one, one way or t’other

And I'm off on holiday. The gilfriend will get very angry of I spend the whole time on this site waiting for it to happen.

Then again I did pay for the holiday as she's still a student (scrounger sponger etc.) So I'm probably within my rights to tell her to fuck off.
    Yes, but you won't will you?

• edited June 2018
    Scoham said:

Cawley probably has other sauces.

Correct.

• addick05 said:

Big week this one, one way or t’other

And I'm off on holiday. The gilfriend will get very angry of I spend the whole time on this site waiting for it to happen.

Then again I did pay for the holiday as she's still a student (scrounger sponger etc.) So I'm probably within my rights to tell her to fuck off.

Probably not. I'm a pussy.
  • edited June 2018

Really appreciate your comments James Seed but back off on your cringe factor with I’m first this that and the other , it’s not pretty

Agreed. You and @Airman Brown are right, but it just felt a bit creepy seeing this info appearing a few days later like that. But apparently he had that info confirmed today, hence his tweets. Good stuff. It really is about to happen, isn't it.
  • addick05 said:

Big week this one, one way or t’other

Probably not. I'm a pussy.
    You seem like a very confused young man!
  • SE7toSG3 said:

I dont think too many of us would care if Stan Colymore's 'Uncle Tom' broke the story as long as it does break.

The takeover is far more important than who knew first, or second and claims to know first, or third but looked over seconds shoulder and then wrote down that he was also first.

Up the Addicks and lets hope this is concluded this week now so we can focus on moaning about England, or not crossing the road to watch England, or not understanding how anyone else would cross the road to watch England.

England? We'll still be talking about the takeover and worrying that appointing a new manager and signing players is taking too long :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Big week this one, one way or t’other

All sounds a bit fishy to me Canters!'
  • razil said:

Fairly shore there have been fish puns

There may have been but don’t tell him Pike.
    Oi you pillock.......I did that one a couple of weeks back!
    Sorry pal, I didn’t intend to steal your thunder.
    Having said that, although I read every single word on this bloomin’ thread I can’t remember every word.
  • RedChaser said:

razil said:

Oi you pollock.......I did that one a couple of weeks back!
    Fixed that for you mate :wink: .
    Thanks Red, I have to say I prefer pollock to pillock.
  • Macronate said:

What a week this could turn out to be.

Possible takeover, start of the World Cup and four more episodes of Love Island.

And it’s my birthday today x
  • Already been given two bottles of wine and a free breakfast in Pret A Manger.
  • Macronate said:

Possible takeover, start of the World Cup and four more episodes of Love Island.

Hb CM.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

I dont think too many of us would care if Stan Colymore's 'Uncle Tom' broke the story as long as it does break.

The takeover is far more important than who knew first, or second and claims to know first, or third but looked over seconds shoulder and then wrote down that he was also first.

Up the Addicks and lets hope this is concluded this week now so we can focus on moaning about England, or not crossing the road to watch England, or not understanding how anyone else would cross the road to watch England.

Totally agree.

It's now getting exciting on many fronts.

New owners, England are going to make the final, the Tour de France...
  • Sponsored links:

• razil said:

Oi you pillock.......I did that one a couple of weeks back!
    Sorry pal, I didn’t intend to steal your thunder.
    Having said that, although I read every single word on this bloomin’ thread I can’t remember every word.
    Look, it's not about who said something first, ok?
  • Macronate said:

England being knocked out at the group stages, could be a helluva time;)
  • CH4RLTON said:

My guess is that the final delays are all down to red tape involving payments to former directors and uncertainty over ownership of certiam assets caused by the lack of due diligence by previous owners, I actually get the impression old grumpy balls can't get rid quick enough now.

I think you're right.
  • #catfordmorry Many happy returns of the day.
  • Macronate said:

....The Lewisham East by-,election.
  • Macronate said:

Here's to 100 more of them.

• Richard Cawley

#cafc takeover update. It is hoped - and I must emphasise that word - that the takeover will happen this week. But, but, but - there are variables that mean this is not definite.

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    I've been told that nothing issue-wise on the 'fit and proper' EFL test. But Andrew Muir's consortium have had to be patient in this process. #cafc

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    Muir flew back into the UK before the weekend. Duchatelet not slowing deal - he just wants to offload #cafc.

RM

• Richard Cawley

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More

RM
    how?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!