Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Essex_Al said:

Colin stating RD is in the country until Wednesday.

Could it finally happen?

Hope he sits on a piss sodden Southeastern train seat and gets shat on by a whole flock of birds suffering from acute diarrhoea.
    Sounds a bit like one of you're own experiences on Southeastern, Canters :smile:

• Essex_Al said:

Could it finally happen?

He hasn't been at any meetings with the Aussies as far as I'm aware, and i dont think he needs to be in the country for the sale to go through. I suspect he neither has the time nor the inclination to get involved in any of this stuff unless he really has to.
  • Essex_Al said:

Could it finally happen?

Hope he sits on a piss sodden Southeastern train seat and gets shat on by a whole flock of birds suffering from acute diarrhoea.
    Sounds like your talking from your experiences this morning?
    Oggy Red said:

Essex_Al said:

Could it finally happen?

Sounds a bit like one of you're own experiences on Southeastern, Canters :smile:

Just thinking of the worst things that could happen to someone travelling across to South East London. Perhaps taking some fairly common experiences and exaggerating them to their furthest possible point.

Still some pay good money for that sort of experience. Who knows that the old twat is into?
  • Good for Morts. I’m sure though he has a direct line to Duchatelets 96th in command who won’t have a clue who Charlton are let alone Paul Mortimer.

Big week for Brexit and big week for CAFC. If this week passes without a takeover or at least good news then I’m going to get worried.

I've been worried for months!

Mind you, I'm nearly always worried about something.
  • Essex_Al said:

Could it finally happen?

Sounds like your talking from your experiences this morning?
    Oggy Red said:

Essex_Al said:

Could it finally happen?

Just thinking of the worst things that could happen to someone travelling across to South East London. Perhaps taking some fairly common experiences and exaggerating them to their furthest possible point.

Still some pay good money for that sort of experience. Who knows that the old twat is into?
    Having to use SouthEastern in general is by far the worst thing alone that can happen to someone
  • Sponsored links:

• RD might be here because he is staying on and he needs to put things in place at the club.
    As we speak he is the status quo, and we're going down down deeper and down.
  • edited June 2018
    If buts and maybes from dear old Crawley
    I could say Seth Plum is expected to win Euromillions, but it is not certain as it depends on a number of things, like buying a ticket, but I am confident that Seth has the intention to win.
  • edited June 2018

Richard Cawley

#cafc takeover update. It is hoped - and I must emphasise that word - that the takeover will happen this week. But, but, but - there are variables that mean this is not definite.

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    I've been told that nothing issue-wise on the 'fit and proper' EFL test. But Andrew Muir's consortium have had to be patient in this process. #cafc

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    Muir flew back into the UK before the weekend. Duchatelet not slowing deal - he just wants to offload #cafc.

So what's stopping the deal from going through? Both parties want it to happen.
    It does beg that question.

The Aussie have been on the scene since March 17 and Duchatelet expected a sale in at least as far back as January 18 as he didnt see any need to replace Meire as he was about to sell.

Money, either the lack of or disagreement on price I guess. The "when we know what division we are in" never made sense with the lack of replacement for Meire six months ago and make no sense now given the deal still hasn't been announced.

It feels to me like the fat lady is clearing her throat.
  • All I would say is how amazed I am at the number of "sources telling someone this an that", yet look carefully and most are copies of the same tune our Mr James Seed tells, no wonder it gets so confusing on this forum at times, I will stick to James and Airman for news and updates in future, then I wont lose any more hair.
  • edited June 2018

Richard Cawley

#cafc takeover update. It is hoped - and I must emphasise that word - that the takeover will happen this week. But, but, but - there are variables that mean this is not definite.

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    I've been told that nothing issue-wise on the 'fit and proper' EFL test. But Andrew Muir's consortium have had to be patient in this process. #cafc

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More
    Muir flew back into the UK before the weekend. Duchatelet not slowing deal - he just wants to offload #cafc.

All of this seems strangely familiar. Bloody cheek!

Edit: kidding

• Richard Cawley

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More

EFL resources I imagine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard Cawley

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More

The Aussie have been on the scene since March 17 and Duchatelet expected a sale in at least as far back as January 18 as he didnt see any need to replace Meire as he was about to sell.

Money, either the lack of or disagreement on price I guess. The "when we know what division we are in" never made sense with the lack of replacement for Meire six months ago and make no sense now given the deal still hasn't been announced.

I guess all will be revealed, and my guess it'll all be very tedious. I was told it's all to do with Slater/Jiminez era.
    They also said they've been working on this deal for two years, which is why they've spent £1m so far.

• Richard Cawley

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More

Should your last paragraph be linked to your post on the lies thread?

• Richard Cawley

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More

@RichCawleySLP
    7m7 minutes ago
    More

EFL resources I imagine.
    I think there is a possibility that it is the Aussies playing hard ball. Rolly is in a very difficult situation at this point in time because of the state the club is in staff wise and is therefore in a weak negotiating position. Maybe they have reduced their offer a bit knowing they hold the all the cards?

There has been nothing to stop them sounding out agents about possible transfer targets and may have a manager set up. They could therefore they be ready to move quickly as soon as all agreed.

The less Rolly gets the better, but for all our sanities I hope the deal does get done this week.

• edited June 2018
  • Cawley probably has other sources.
  • JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

Said for the past 2-3 weeks at least, I was told they believe it would be announced before the World Cup begins. Of course they would’ve hoped sooner, but ultimately, I have repeatedly said Thursday 14th June.

We shall see. Fingers crossed.

And thank you, @JamesSeed it is always appreciated and what can’t be stressed enough is the key words Henry highlighted. People, please don’t jump on his back. This is solid information.

The end is nigh.

Thanks. I don't personally think the delays have been anything to do with the World Cup, although you can see why they would want it done and dusted by then.

No disrespect to anyone but I lost interest in this thread months ago after the first 100 “should be done by this weekend” posts, and have just clocked what WIOTOS means, and with that, that’s exactly what I’m gonna wait for, up the addicks sooner the better the worlds most frustrating forum thread ends the better!

To all......

This is a direct message from one of the consortium. Yes we're all fed up with false dawns, but it's only a message saying the EFL haven't blocked the bid, and that they HOPE to be able to make an announcement later in the week.

No one's guessing dates here. Nothing's definitive. It's merely a message, which expresses some positivity.

You don't have to read the thread if you don't want to. Certainly wouldn't blame you for staying away.

Please don't shoot the messenger. None of this is my opinion, or my prediction.
    Thanks @JamesSeed. I welcome your posts & know you have the best of intentions. Please tell your contact that we are rooting for them & hopefully will be able to give them a great welcome at their first home game v Brighton.
    Passed that on.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!