Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• DA9 said:

I’ve just heard this on good authority, cant name names, but usually they are ITK, that this thread has turned into a who has the biggest dick swinging competition.

Matches my balls though mate all about keeping it in proportion

My nuts are huge
    Modesty forbids me from responding
    And your 5 year old son just said:

‘Dad, I’ve never been certain about monotheistic religions. Belief in unknown and unexplainable powers helps people but a single god that you have to service or you go to hell? I mean what’s that about dad?

I think religion can develop and destroy and when religion becomes too rigid, it is a destroyer.

What do you think Dad?’

• To save jumping about, looking for one or other, links for Facebook and Twitter, apologies as I didnt have the Twitter link originally when I posted the Facebook link.....

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialCAFC/videos/1719029608164537/?hc_ref=ARRV_5kZhdLu7O5s9c84ff6cNs07paJqNmHKRlJqfLuPoxUGBndcQRXZu-Bi3GZ-3x4

• Taxi_Lad said:

Couple of major omissions there! No Darren Bent goals nor Shaun Bartlett’s goal of the season.

Otherwise..... top vid!!!

Or anything Duchatelet.
    In 5 years,the richest owner we ever had couldn't even make a positive mark on little old Charlton.

That constitutes failure. Huge failure.
    F*** off Roland. And never darken the door of anything football related ever again you sad little pr**k.

The JJ goal was under Duchatelet although before he had long to really wreck the club
  • Just had a thought, The club have been very quiet about even acknowledging the progress of the takeover, yet it's public knowledge that it's close to completion. Every other club in this situation have updated the fans about their developments regarding takeovers.

Is the reason that cafc done because Roland is trying to protect what he (thinks he) has left of a reputation in the UK. He realises that as soon as a snippet of an announcement is officially released that we, as fans (not customers) would go mental with delight. I can imagine the Aussies (or whoever is taking the club over) wanting this to be part of rebuilding bridges. But have been stopped due to Roland's pride, and as he still 'owns' the club he has this last bit of control.

So the Aussies (or whoever) have had to do their own announcements via different, 'unofficial' channels (the pub drink with @jimmyseed , contacting @Airman Brown etc, turning up at matches etc). Anything we tend to get 'via the club' itself seems to be intentional misinformation to find out the leaks (Katrien left in Jan but her underhanded tactics remain).

All because that Vinegar Pisser won't admit he got it wrong (badly) and has failed (in his head for the first time).

I look forward to all the snippets we get from all the different users. Hopefully we get the answer we have been wanting for soon.

Did u get a text back from the consortium yet Jim?
  • Shrew said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Couple of major omissions there! No Darren Bent goals nor Shaun Bartlett’s goal of the season.

no Les Berry pass back to the goalie.

And no Reza!
    The only Charlton player to score in a World Cup Final tournament.
    *sad face and lots of hearts*
    #missinyou
  • HarryLime said:

Shrew said:

Taxi_Lad said:

And no Reza!
    #missinyou
    Scored this stunning goal that always remember though. I know he didn’t do much else but this was brilliant. https://youtu.be/LaO7CIydgmM
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:

And everybody's clearly been pronouncing 'Charlton Athletic' wrongly all these years. It's 'Charlton Athuhletic', as Jimmy Seed demonstrated.
  • HarryLime said:

Shrew said:

Taxi_Lad said:

And no Reza!
    #missinyou
    Scored this stunning goal that always remember though. I know he didn’t do much else but this was brilliant. https://youtu.be/LaO7CIydgmM
    When I click on the link, I get site can not be found.
    Which sums up my thoughts of the Duchatelet years and Ghoochannejhad in particular as a player
  • Missed the last 1000 posts any updates

• edited June 2018
    cafcwill said:

Just had a thought, The club have been very quiet about even acknowledging the progress of the takeover, yet it's public knowledge that it's close to completion. Every other club in this situation have updated the fans about their developments regarding takeovers.

Is the reason that cafc done because Roland is trying to protect what he (thinks he) has left of a reputation in the UK. He realises that as soon as a snippet of an announcement is officially released that we, as fans (not customers) would go mental with delight. I can imagine the Aussies (or whoever is taking the club over) wanting this to be part of rebuilding bridges. But have been stopped due to Roland's pride, and as he still 'owns' the club he has this last bit of control.

So the Aussies (or whoever) have had to do their own announcements via different, 'unofficial' channels (the pub drink with @jimmyseed , contacting @Airman Brown etc, turning up at matches etc). Anything we tend to get 'via the club' itself seems to be intentional misinformation to find out the leaks (Katrien left in Jan but her underhanded tactics remain).

All because that Vinegar Pisser won't admit he got it wrong (badly) and has failed (in his head for the first time).

I look forward to all the snippets we get from all the different users. Hopefully we get the answer we have been wanting for soon.

I didn't know they been contacting @Airman Brown !?

Pretty sure you're right, RD has not only demanded a media blackout from CAFC staff, but probably, almost certainly, demanded the same of the Aussies. I suspect the info I received may be the last we'll hear until the deal is done, and I was very lucky to get that. Even though my message was positive, it may have caused rumblings. A bit naive of me not to think that would happen. Of course when it all got copy and pasted onto other forums, and names used.....
  • JamesSeed said:

cafcwill said:

Just had a thought, The club have been very quiet about even acknowledging the progress of the takeover, yet it's public knowledge that it's close to completion. Every other club in this situation have updated the fans about their developments regarding takeovers.

I didn't know they been contacting @Airman Brown !?

Pretty sure you're right, RD has not only demanded a media blackout from CAFC staff, but probably, almost certainly, demanded the same of the Aussies. I suspect the info I received may be the last we'll hear until the deal is done, and I was very lucky to get that. Even though my message was positive, it may have caused rumblings. A bit naive of me not to think that would happen. Of course when it all got copy and pasted onto other forums, and names used.....
    To confirm I have no idea if they have contacted @Airman Brown or not. I just added his name because he's been our Primary source of info throughout the takeover saga and may or may not know people connected to the consortium.

I for one appreciate the info you provided. It gave a much needed positive boost I think we all needed.
  • clb74 said:

Missed the last 1000 posts any updates

In a nutshell - NLA has got big bollocks, Silav nitram offed to make everybody a coffee, Leonardo Di Caprio is currently stuck in a pot Hole and beds Addick hates this thread.
    Have just seen a post that I already knew
    Elfborgs the biggest dick
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

In a nutshell - NLA has got big bollocks, Silav nitram offed to make everybody a coffee, Leonardo Di Caprio is currently stuck in a pot Hole and beds Addick hates this thread.
    That’s just a given.
  • edited June 2018
    clb74 said:

There's a RD imposed media blackout. Probably..

We were told by NLA that there was a meeting today, or was it this weekend?
    I don't know where that info came from. It's certainly possible.

RedHenry has heard the ELF have rejected the bid application. Others thing it might be a technicality.

The Aussies were supposed to be travelling back about now, and I haven't heard that that has changed.

Some have attempted to revive interest in Pot Noodles.

There was also an attempt at reviving the poetry craze.

Darren Bent missed out on the 113 years video.

There have been zero fish puns.

I'm about to go out for a drink wth a couple of Aussie journos. I'll see if they can shed some light on the situation.
  • edited June 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:

No ones ruled out RedBull recently

Catching up on this, I’m a day behind.
    Thanks Airman.
  • Is that “Don’t panic” as in don’t panic everything will be fine or
    “Don’t panic” don’t panic, don’t panic.

Let’s see where we are at the end of today.
    Fed up and pissed
    Hi Tatters, my advice is to get more pissed and then the fed upness may well go away.
  • _MrDick said:

Is that “Don’t panic” as in don’t panic everything will be fine or

Fed up and pissed
    Times 2
    Ditto
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

That’s just a given.
    Hello Adrian Heath.
  • Is that “Don’t panic” as in don’t panic everything will be fine or

Airman, Airman, Airman...

You do know you're leading with your chin, don't you?
    Don’t worry, that lad can take a punch.
  • Can’t stay awake, I’ll have to catch up on today tomorrow.
  • (Copying over what RedHenry has said somewhere else because I don’t think I’ve seen these details on here).
    My info came from the Saudi bid. They were prepared to match any bid the Aussies made. Last I heard was they went to 40.5m. They nearly walked away several times due to RD keep asking too much. I didn't know anything about the English one just that they were one of the three.
    Just because the Saudis didn't buy us, doesn't mean the info was incorrect.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!