Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Addickted said:

JamesSeed said:

I heard fairly recently that the club tried to find out who was leaking info, by leaking false info to individuals, to see if it got passed on. That was a few months ago apparently, not sure if It's still the case.

This is 100% true
    Doesn't surprise me as they've done it before in an attempt to 'catch' individual employees so they can get rid.

Problem is, they aren't all as stupid as certain short bald people think.
    It wasn’t just to expose leaks there was from what I understand a deliberate attempt to make some folk look a bit stupid with things they were passing on as fact
  • If I were looking for a very long, drawn out definition of what constitutes a crock of shit it would be found somewhere in this thread for sure.
  • Scoham said:

New rumour to take with a pinch of salt:

Someone on Facebook has claimed the fit and proper testing panel will be at the World Cup, therefore the deal won’t go through until after the tournament has finished.

Ha ha ha put 50p in the meter and turn the water off the EFL are shut

There’s four of them here at Wembley shall I go and ask if the EFL is closed during the world cup
    And the 4 fellas who were on level 4 of Wembley in the FA bit laughed at the suggestion the EFL would close during the World Cup reckoned even those who normally freebie it up ain’t going to Russia as they are bricking it
  • What our promotion odds now?

Fancy putting a bet on before the takeover cuts them in half.

We're 3rd favourites behind Sunderland & Barnsley.
  • Scoham said:

New rumour to take with a pinch of salt:

Someone on Facebook has claimed the fit and proper testing panel will be at the World Cup, therefore the deal won’t go through until after the tournament has finished.

Given the crooks and peniless chancers they have previously OK'd and if they have had paperwork for nearly 3 weeks, pre-season starting in four, they'd be open season for legal action.
  • 16-1 to get relegated
  • edited June 2018
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018

16-1 to get relegated

Would need to be 50/1 to tempt me.

You have to be seriously poor to be relegated from this league. We were dreadful the season before last and still finished mid table.
  • DA9 said:

I’ve just heard this on good authority, cant name names, but usually they are ITK, that this thread has turned into a who has the biggest dick swinging competition.

Matches my balls though mate all about keeping it in proportion

My nuts are huge
  • I laughed mate as I find it fucking hilarious that after RD we can still find people who are unfit to run the club,

What the fuck have the EFL done about RD being unfit to run a bath

Have they found people who are unfit to run the club? What have you heard?
  • Sale of Charlton : Much comment, e-x-p-a-n-d-e-d.
    'Enough!', they say. 'Have it disbanded!'
    Repetitive, long, with bold claims (some wrong).
    It's HUGE, due to comments each fan did.
  • Just made Coffee anyone fancy a cup?
  • Sponsored links:

Depends what brand it is?

Depends what brand it is?
    Sumatra from Waitrose
  • Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Heard EFL have rejected it

Not sure why I got 14 lols for this. I don't find it funny. :/
    People tend to LOL when they disagree with a post. Never understood it myself but please do keep posting RH as I and many others do appreciate your updates whether they be good or bad news.
    I lol when:

1, I find something funny
    2, I find something absurd - not necessarily the post itself but the overall situation.
    3, I don't believe what has been posted.

I always take into account who is posting the comment. I don't believe I lol'd redhenry's post but if I had it would have been for reason 2. Redhenry's posts are normally sensible and I respect his opinions.
  • edited June 2018
    Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

Well to say they have ‘rejected’ it was a little misleading wasn’t it.
    So yes, it’s not yet been accepted but no it’s not been rejected either ....my guess is that they need some further clarification on one or two issues and that the word ‘rejected’ simply isn’t the correct analogy.
    The application is still in progress and as things are at present cannot be accepted until certain matters are resolved.......so the application has NOT been rejected.
    A very misleading comment RH.....sorry mate!
  • Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

So yes, it’s not yet been accepted but no it’s not been rejected either ....my guess is that they need some further clarification on one or two issues and that the word ‘rejected’ simply isn’t the correct analogy.
    The application is still in progress and as things are at present cannot be accepted until certain matters are resolved.......so the application has NOT been rejected.
    How do you know what he heard?
  • Great granny soapbox was a suffragette.

"The first causalty of war is truth."
    "Men will wave their willies while women make the soup."
    "The drip drip of fibs will turn into a tsunami of lies"
    " If your journey is a circle you can only ever end up at the beginning"
    " Maybe we should shoot the messenger if He utters falsehoods"
    "I will not see the benefits of our actions but I hope my granddaughters do.

A prescience lady who was ahead of the game.
  • edited June 2018
    Chizz said:

Redhenry said:

Redhenry said:

How do you know what he heard?
    I don’t.
    But logic would tell you that a great deal of time and effort has gone into the process...(from all sides) and as such they would not reject the application out of hand before certain issues can or cannot be resolved.
    In rejecting the process unequivocally, it would mean a completely new application would have to be made.......as crazy as the EFL are, I just can’t see that being the case.
  • DA9 said:

I’ve just heard this on good authority, cant name names, but usually they are ITK, that this thread has turned into a who has the biggest dick swinging competition.

I don't need to join the competition..............sadly.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!