Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• As painful as any delay is and any curtailment certainly would be, I'm glad that EFL seem to be taking it seriously. Frankly, the rules as they stand are woefully inadequate and should include demonstration of knowledge of the league, a workable business plan and commitment to support the team concerned.

It would be a terrible irony though if The Good Guys were excluded and we got stuck with the Rat. Perhaps there's a case for permitting league buyouts in such cases, on the basis that it would be a temporary measure to relieve our sport of despicable vermin.
  • Addickted said:

Just going to post the text I got this Tuesday from a close friend who works at the EFL, though not directly involved in the fit & proper owner work. He would have got his information from someone who was directly involved in it though.

"Appendix 3 completed and returned, BUT with some qualifications over possibly two 'relevant persons' - one of which is in relationship to 'Association between Clubs'".

Nothing about failing the test, just some clarifications required.

I will pester him again next week if it's still all quiet over the weekend.

Which it will be!
  • edited June 2018
    The docs were with the EFL on or before 18th May. According to one of the Aussie consortium.

Still think that it’s one of the investors having links with another club. That bit is my opinion so probably wrong.
  • I will be on Bodo in northern Norway.
    Inside the Arctic circle.
    Where will you be?

And before anyone asks, it's bloody cold.
    Missed weeks of posts hoping to read of the takeover but the same old same old crap.
  • If I were superstitious, I'd worry that we are cursed (admittedly being owned by Uncle Roland is a curse in itself), but every other takeover seems to move more smoothly than ours (https://rte.ie/sport/soccer/2018/0608/969099-exclusive-galway-united-on-verge-of-saudi-takeover/).

There are times I feel a bit like Private Frazer.

What @blackpool72 says...
  • Could the problems be to do with mashiri/usmanov and the teams they’re already involved in?
  • Perhaps they are still waiting for follow up paperwork :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    Quick someone get down to the ground, you might get on Sky Sports News.
  • Chizz said:

Is there any specific reason that there is a larger-than-normal number of executive-looking cars in the car park at Sparrows Lane this afternoon?

It's Friday prayers for the mosque
  • Is that “Don’t panic” as in don’t panic everything will be fine or
    “Don’t panic” don’t panic, don’t panic.

Let’s see where we are at the end of today.
    Oh come on! We all know nothing is going to be announced today. Why even post something like that?

Ps - I hope I’m wrong!
    Rothko said:
    Probably a load of bollocks but some Facebook users are now reporting that the EFL has rejected the Aussie bid.

Oh come on! We all know nothing is going to be announced today. Why even post something like that?

Ps - I hope I’m wrong!
    Rothko said:
    Probably a load of bollocks but some Facebook users are now reporting that the EFL has rejected the Aussie bid.
    As for Facebook, doesn't take much for a rumour to spread even if its false.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018

Rothko said:
    That's come from what Redhenry said earlier in this thread. Which was then contradicted by others.
  • Rothko said:
    That's come from what Redhenry said earlier in this thread. Which was then contradicted by others.
    Must have missed that one. What did Redhenry say?

Ps - I hope I’m wrong!
    Rothko said:
    Probably just some plank misquoting from here.
  • Redhenry said:

Heard EFL have rejected it

@flyingkiwiDK page 857
  • @Redhenry your lot back in the game then?
  • And not before time!
  • dingdong said:

Bexleyboy on other site saying not true EFL still waiting for paperwork from Aussies.

Why do people keep repeating what this idiot says .
    If you have to go into that awful web site , he’s the last person you should take any notice of.

My great aunt Doris is more in the know and she’s been dead 20 years .

How tall was she?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!