Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• But I wouldnt have thought the EFL would give consent unless an agreement was in place otherwise they would spend valuable time on it when it may not come to fruition?

Exactly my thoughts, hence why I have my doubts as to what has been sent/lodged with the EFL.

They approved done deals, they are not a vetting agency for potential owners.

Still time will tell.
    The club sent the paperwork to the league.
    Genuine question, who?
  • ross1 said:

JamesSeed said:

do we no for sure if the aussies are coming back to the uk this weekend I dont think they will

Why's that? Has @JamesSeed heard anything about them not coming back??? Or the thread has so many new posts every day that I missed it?
    Don’t tell him Pike!

Sometimes I think that is the funniest moment in British sitcom. One of them anyway.

Unfortunately I have to borrow another line. ‘I know nothing’.

Last thing I heard everything was fine, but if it was all going horribly wrong I think they’d be highly unlikely to tell me, if I’m honest.
    I have asked a question, but it’s five in the morning over there.
    But I thought they were over here from today
    He went back for two weeks, and the two weeks aren't up yet. My contact (sorry to keep saying 'contact') also went back, to do work on his other business interests. If it was strictly two weeks, that would mean travelling back this weekend. It's a long old flight though. And things could have changed of course. Maybe because of problems with the EFL they're coming back early? If there really is a meeting on the 9th, then that could be the case.
  • But I wouldnt have thought the EFL would give consent unless an agreement was in place otherwise they would spend valuable time on it when it may not come to fruition?

Exactly my thoughts, hence why I have my doubts as to what has been sent/lodged with the EFL.

They approved done deals, they are not a vetting agency for potential owners.

Still time will tell.
    The club sent the paperwork to the league.
    Genuine question, who?
    Chris Parkes.
    Cheers Airman. Just wondered who's actually left at the club to do that.

This!
  • edited June 2018

@Redhenry your lot back in the game then?

I don't know.
  • I haven't been given any details, just been told that it was rejected by the EFL.
  • K

Is that “Don’t panic” as in don’t panic everything will be fine or
    “Don’t panic” don’t panic, don’t panic.

Let’s see where we are at the end of today.
    Airman, Airman, Airman...

You do know you're leading with your chin, don't you?
    I don’t think @redhenry is correct in this case. I had heard someone else might be reporting on the situation today, rather than an announcement of any kind, but looks as if that’s not going to happen now. But Muir is heading back, things are still rolling on. As the man said, don’t panic!
    I hope it's wrong @Airman Brown but my source is usually good
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard fairly recently that the club tried to find out who was leaking info, by leaking false info to individuals, to see if it got passed on. That was a few months ago apparently, not sure if It's still the case.
  • JamesSeed said:

I heard fairly recently that the club tried to find out who was leaking info, by leaking false info to individuals, to see if it got passed on. That was a few months ago apparently, not sure if It's still the case.

This is 100% true
  • Scoham said:

New rumour to take with a pinch of salt:

Someone on Facebook has claimed the fit and proper testing panel will be at the World Cup, therefore the deal won’t go through until after the tournament has finished.

Ha ha ha put 50p in the meter and turn the water off the EFL are shut

There’s four of them here at Wembley shall I go and ask if the EFL is closed during the world cup
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

I heard fairly recently that the club tried to find out who was leaking info, by leaking false info to individuals, to see if it got passed on. That was a few months ago apparently, not sure if It's still the case.

I’ve read that before, was probably somewhere on this thread.
  • Scoham said:

JamesSeed said:

I’ve read that before, was probably somewhere on this thread.
    It was on one of the summaries.
  • That’s it . Instead of checking every 5 minutes to see what’s happened I’m now just going to check just once a day . This whole take over thing is farcical. Let’s face is . Nobody knows a bloody thing .
  • That’s it . Instead of checking every 5 minutes to see what’s happened I’m now just going to check just once a day . This whole take over thing is farcical. Let’s face is . Nobody knows a bloody thing .

• edited June 2018
    I'm going to start looking at relegation odds come Monday, the club is going backwards still
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!