Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• CAFCTrev said:

This thread has driven me to search for the term scrote, which I had only previously heard in Back to the Future Part II. There appear to be daily scrote references these days.

Quite proud that I used the term 'scrote'. My hate for Roland has infiltrated my vocabulary.
  • There are actually a pair of Plums on Charlton Life and very nice they are too....matron!
  • Apologies, my previous post was a load of bollocks.
  • seth plum said:

There are actually a pair of Plums on Charlton Life and very nice they are too....matron!

No need to get fruity.

• CAFCTrev said:

Apologies, my previous post was a load of bollocks.

Don't worry its in keeping with 100% of the other posts in this thread
  • Where is everyone buying a season ticket when the takeover is announced and will the system crash, that’s what I want to know.

They had better hurry. My mate who knows someone in the ticket office has told me that the deadline to renew and guarantee that you can keep your seat (the one you own, that belongs to you) has passed and there are only a handful left. She says a lot of people will be very disappointed when they realise. Anyway, don't blame me, just passing on what I was told. Personally I hope it's not true because I haven't had one for two years and was hoping my seat was still available.
    More drivel from so-called "mates in the know".

Firstly you don't "own" a seat in the ground, you simply pay for the use of one on an annual basis & the club "hold" it for you for a certain period of time before that start of a new season.

Seeing as season ticket sales are falling year by year & the only people currently now buying a season ticket will be buying their "regular" seat then I have no idea where all this extra demand for "soon to be unreserved" seats will be coming from. Any previous ST holders are most likely to be hardened "stay awayers" and will not be buying until a new owner is in place, if at all.

Rest assured.....come August you will be able to buy your old seat again.
    Errr. Woosh?
    Damn, beat me too it
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

DOUCHER said:

Curb_It said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

From my reckoning only me and NLA have been 100 per cent right so far although I'm sure many will disagree - not that it matters. It will happen.

If it doesn't matter why keep saying it?

What have I reported that's been wrong btw? The Aussies thought end of May, but they also said they're patient.

They also said they have money, and you or NLA haven't proved that they haven't.

Your mate saying he thinks they haven't isn't proof.
    calm down johnny, it doesn't matter
    This is why you’re an unlikeable character, deliberately calling him the wrong name again. Even after he corrected you. I know this is part of your persona being rude to people. But you do yourself no favours but I guess that’s how you like it.
    calm down, i'm never rude to people - a bit of 'banter' with those who have given me a bit of 'banter' previously - you've not liked me since i disrespected a raffle or something you were organising
    If you had disrespected my raffle then i would have found that unforgiveable, though i don't remember organising a raffle. I don't really like your banter, I'm told you are here for a wind up and I can confirm you are doing a very good job at it.
    Never ever disrespect a women's raffle. Its a life rule.
  • JamesSeed said:

dickplumb said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

That's the most accurate information about the takeover I've heard in a long time :wink:
    Best I can come up with :-(
    Looking forward to seeing it re-posted on another forum, with a hilarious comment from dick plum or carly burn next to it ;-)
    You are so sensitive. It is Plumb by the way, not Plum. He was an ex Charlton player. I have a lot of time for Carly Burn, she always tells it how it is. While I am here I would like to say that I overdid the criticism of you on here and NOT606. I do not know you and my comments went too far.
    I will not post any of your posts on that other forum in future.

Fair enough. Appreciate it.

I know it was Plumb btw. It was just my poor attempt at hilarity.

You referred to something very similar as resorting to name calling, earlier.
    JamesSeed said:

There are some people spreading lies about me on other forums, which has been quite upsetting. Does that make me over sensitive?
    I was accused of being a 60 year old lifelong Millwall fan trying to cash in on the family name by lying (my beer meeting) in order to get people to read my clickbaity blog. That's deeply personal, and a hell of an accusation. Probably libellous. No one who knows me would say that's true. But some people read that stuff and believe it, and then pop onto CL to have a dig at me, as if they were a bit of a hero entering the lion's den (irony), and then report back to the forum they came from.

However, I didn't know any of this had happened, as I only read Charlton Life, so I can see why you might not have realised what I said was a joke.
  • Assuming they did nothing before the Bank Holiday today is day 9 since the EFL have been looking at the deal.

Considering we are being told by those "in the know" that RD & the buyer have not reached a firm agreement and that a price has not been agreed I am not sure what the EFL are doing?

• I am a twat
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018

This thread will definitely reach 1000 pages before the takeover happens....

Seems like you'll have made it over here to watch your first game before the takeover happens.
  • Dave Archer......CAFC women.
  • I’m thinking of starting an Amnesty Thread similar to an Amnesty Bin (to combat knife crime)
    All nasty digs can go on there and cleanse the takeover thread
  • edited June 2018
    Greenie said:

Curb_It said:

DOUCHER said:

Curb_It said:

DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

From my reckoning only me and NLA have been 100 per cent right so far although I'm sure many will disagree - not that it matters. It will happen.

If it doesn't matter why keep saying it?

What have I reported that's been wrong btw? The Aussies thought end of May, but they also said they're patient.

They also said they have money, and you or NLA haven't proved that they haven't.

Your mate saying he thinks they haven't isn't proof.
    calm down johnny, it doesn't matter
    This is why you’re an unlikeable character, deliberately calling him the wrong name again. Even after he corrected you. I know this is part of your persona being rude to people. But you do yourself no favours but I guess that’s how you like it.
    calm down, i'm never rude to people - a bit of 'banter' with those who have given me a bit of 'banter' previously - you've not liked me since i disrespected a raffle or something you were organising
    If you had disrespected my raffle then i would have found that unforgiveable, though i don't remember organising a raffle. I don't really like your banter, I'm told you are here for a wind up and I can confirm you are doing a very good job at it.
    Never ever disrespect a women's raffle. Its a life rule.
    You know what they say about women.

It's an irregular plural.
  • I am a twat

In accordance with @AFKABartram request about bring civil ... I agree
  • I think the “Aussies have no money” misnomer comes from those who were hoping @Redhenry mob of Arabs would prevail.
    I’m sure this Aussie consortium will spend far more on the team than any previous owner
  • This is taking the absolute pot noodle! I feel CATO (Coalition against the ozzies) need to organise a 2 week protest in Australia because they are ruining our pre-sesason!
  • SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I feel better now.
    Carry on.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!