Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed. You say that we're all enjoying this thread in our own way. Sorry, but that is utter rubbish. How you can say that whilst the future of CAFC hangs by a thread (no pun intended) is beyond me.

I didn’t mean that we’re enjoying the situation, I mean we’re devouring any relevant info like starving men.

When I said ‘the window is open’, the fella shrugged and said they’ve already spent two years and a million quid on this. It’s a long term project. Patience etc.
    I’ve also heard via a friend on CL that transfer negotiations are going on in the background while things are being sorted with the sale. No idea if that’s still the case.

This is all really frustrating. Was really hoping there’d be an announcement when Muir gets back. Maybe there still will be.
    Damn you @DOUCHER !
    Don't blame me Johnny. I don't blame you for posting what you did last week or so either. We all just post what we have heard in good faith. It wasn't the positive news I was hoping for obviously but lets see what happens next week I guess but I'm certainly of the understanding that it is not, at the moment, a done deal.
    I blame you for everything
  • _MrDick said:

dickplumb said:

Latest from Colin," it looks like they have offered the job to Powell."

He's also saying completion date is 15 June
    First time I’ve agreed with him :
  • Is this thread now the official CL "wrist slitting" thread?

To be honest I'd call it the official Fish Pun, nothing's been proved right yet so it's all a Red Herring.
  • Im not in the know and dont know anyone who is but Im pretty chilled about it all and feel it will happen by Friday week.
  • Just heard through a mate that the Aussies have pulled out and an Israeli with a lot of money is now the front runner he’s not even a Charlton fan but is normally in the know with things like this... hope it’s wrong as no doubt that won’t exactly be soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• From now on, nobody post anything but cold, hard takeover-related FACT. Two corroborating sources minimum.

Starting... from....... now!
  • From now on, nobody post anything but cold, hard takeover-related FACT. Two corroborating sources minimum.

Starting... from....... now!

Heard we've being moved to the Pot Noodle Arena on the peninsula.
  • bobcafc7 said:

Just heard through a mate that the Aussies have pulled out and an Israeli with a lot of money is now the front runner he’s not even a Charlton fan but is normally in the know with things like this... hope it’s wrong as no doubt that won’t exactly be soon.

Abramovich?
  • I’m holding a seance, hold on I’m getting a message, ‘yes, I can hear you, you’re someone ITK and have some information for the forum, yes, can you tell us what it is? You’re dead?’
  • bobcafc7 said:

Just heard through a mate that the Aussies have pulled out and an Israeli with a lot of money is now the front runner he’s not even a Charlton fan but is normally in the know with things like this... hope it’s wrong as no doubt that won’t exactly be soon.

Only if it's happened in the last 24 hours, otherwise I'd say it's not true
  • bobcafc7 said:

bobcafc7 said:

I’m still hearing it’s the Scottish but we will see.

• bobcafc7 said:

Just had a text from someone who knows Donald’s son, he said it’s all going through and Donald will be on the board, Trying to find out more info.

• Sponsored links:

No, everyone just keep a stiff upper lip, have a large G & T and remember the old adage "When it's on the OS"

Club is 113 years old on 9 June. Another week or month is a drop in the ocean compared to the time the club has existed.

No, everyone just keep a stiff upper lip, have a large G & T and remember the old adage "When it's on the OS"

Club is 113 years old on 9 June. Another week or month is a drop in the ocean compared to the time the club has existed.
    Beginning to think this takeover will take 113 years.

But then the Aussies are a patient bunch.

Maybe. But another week or a month has a HUGE effect on what we do over the course of the next year.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!