Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Meeting could be at the weekend I suppose. Maybe they finally get to meet RD. Poor sods.

I thought they'd already done that?
    Seems odd to me that we can be at the 'papers with the EFL stage' yet the buyers and owners have still not met. Hopefully their associates have.
    CAFC is only 2% of his empire, so RD clearly doesn't have time to waste on meetings. I know that one of the consortium hadn't met RD, and suspect the other hadn't either, but don't know 100%.
    All meetings were with 'his people'.
    And to be fair they did say it's been a 2 yr process already, and they're in it for the long haul.
    There are only two parties in the consortium?
  • Why are people taking any notice of doucher ? I’m still hearing early next week fingers crossed.. has @JamesSeed heard any different ?
  • Chizz said:

Eight hundred and fifty!

Not gonna happen till page 1000 - FACT !!

Roland's got money on it, hoping to reclaim his lost earnings.
  • dickplumb said:

It's a done deal, imminent, not happening, happening this weekend, happening in two weeks. They haven't got enough money, they have got enough money. It is Duchatelet holding up the deal, it is the Aussies holding up the deal. A deal has been agreed, a deal hasn't been agreed.
    Have I left something out. It's a real bugger being ITK.

But doucher/Colin are never wrong though
  • Chizz said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Meeting could be at the weekend I suppose. Maybe they finally get to meet RD. Poor sods.

Seems odd to me that we can be at the 'papers with the EFL stage' yet the buyers and owners have still not met. Hopefully their associates have.
    CAFC is only 2% of his empire, so RD clearly doesn't have time to waste on meetings. I know that one of the consortium hadn't met RD, and suspect the other hadn't either, but don't know 100%.
    And to be fair they did say it's been a 2 yr process already, and they're in it for the long haul.
    There are other investors, but not sure a. how long they've been involved and b. whether they've been directly involved in the negotiations.
  • dickplumb said:

It's a done deal, imminent, not happening, happening this weekend, happening in two weeks. They haven't got enough money, they have got enough money. It is Duchatelet holding up the deal, it is the Aussies holding up the deal. A deal has been agreed, a deal hasn't been agreed.

But doucher/Colin are never wrong though
    Cut them some slack....even a broken clock is right twice a day.
  • cfgs said:

Why am I checking this thread at 3:58am? I need a life.

With
    Riley
  • Sponsored links:

• Despite a number on here saying they would buy a season ticket once RD departed, given the length of time this takeover is taking to get over the line I suspect a lot of fans will continue to hold off buying a season ticket for the coming season and see how things develop. It's not as if we will be selling out the ground on a weekly basis in league one.
  • JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

There are other investors, but not sure a. how long they've been involved and b. whether they've been directly involved in the negotiations.
    That's really interesting. So the "consortium" comprises just two people, Muir and one other. And behind them, they have a number (unknown) of investors. Is that about right?
  • dickplumb said:

You missed out "It's happening in February"
  • "a few weeks away" is basically August. Even if the takeover does complete around then thats the 2018/19 season down the toilet.
  • Davo55 said:

So, possible the takeover is delayed.

Meanwhile STs go back on sale on 11 June.

Just a co-incidence, or Duchatalet still looking to squeeze more money out of his CAFC tenure?

He isn't getting another penny out of me.

@Davo55 - help!

I read every post on this bloody thread and I thought it was going to happen this weekend. I've even ordered more wine boxes than usual. ASDA will have to send out a separate van for me. So where did I miss the delayed bit? Am I just seeing what I want to see?
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

deal not done yet i'm afraid folks - big meeting this weekend, takeover will happen but probably still a few weeks away

How does one square that with "only waiting for EFL"?
    Is there no end to the bollocks surrounding this takeover.
    Its a never ending circle of bollocks, nothing square about it.
  • CAFCTrev said:

"a few weeks away" is basically August. Even if the takeover does complete around then thats the 2018/19 season down the toilet.

Agreed. At best it appears it would likely be a season of consolidation trying to lay the foundations for a promotion push the year after.
  • seth plum said:

Despite a number on here saying they would buy a season ticket once RD departed, given the length of time this takeover is taking to get over the line I suspect a lot of fans will continue to hold off buying a season ticket for the coming season and see how things develop. It's not as if we will be selling out the ground on a weekly basis in league one.

I want to buy tickets as a symbol of both celebration Duchatelet has gone, and as a sign of support for a fresh start.
    Seth, a few weeks ago I was feeling exactly the same even though I didn't see me getting to every home game. But the delay in completing the takeover has reduced my enthusiasm. I am afraid I have got to that stage where I refuse to waste my time watching the same old dross which is inevitable if the squad is not over-hauled. So I will await developments on the takeover with interest (but the delay is becoming tedious), and if the squad is improved and the team starts playing some decent football I will start going to games.

• Davo55 said:

So, possible the takeover is delayed.

Meanwhile STs go back on sale on 11 June.

Just a co-incidence, or Duchatalet still looking to squeeze more money out of his CAFC tenure?

He isn't getting another penny out of me.

@Davo55 - help!

I read every post on this bloody thread and I thought it was going to happen this weekend. I've even ordered more wine boxes than usual. ASDA will have to send out a separate van for me. So where did I miss the delayed bit? Am I just seeing what I want to see?
    Oh bollox I've just re-read and found it.
  • When does the EFL insist that one of its member clubs has a CEO and FD?

Richard Cawley said that this would soon become a requirement but when?

I'm sure Tone could step up to the plate as FD, you've got to have a pretty good head for figures when putting a lot of cut sandwiches out on a platter.
    I'll be all under control.
  • No one care's about birthday's of football clubs.

Its not getting an Xbox and its not going to buy everyone a drink.

But will it get plastered, throw up in the front garden and swear to it’s partner/husband/wife that someone mixed it’s drinks.
  • Has anyone ITK allowed for jet lag

I got back from Las Vegas yesterday, back into work this morning already. Bollocks to jet lag.
  • I remember the day when my CL Badge was awarded. One of the proudest days of my life. Was in the Liberal Club by a be cardiganed gentleman who pinned it on my chest and then kissed me on both cheeks.

Was that Marshal Zhukov?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!