Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• TEL said:

Has anyone ITK allowed for jet lag

I have jet lag, does that qualify me for anything? I have Australians links too.
    try RedBull mate
  • After 18th May beer:

1. They’re hoping, subject to approval from a couple of investors and the EFL, that the sale will happen next week. I think they might being a little optimistic with their estimate of the how long the EFL can take processing these fit and proper person tests, so an extra week or two might be on the cards? (Just guessing). But they're patient people.’

So I suspect it’s the ‘couple of investors’ / EFL thing that must have caused the delay?

Cheers

Colin

(PS Am I getting the hang of this?)

• edited June 2018
    Can anybody tell me what's the biggest gap between posts on this thread?

[Edit: Can anybody tell me what's the biggest time gap between posts on this thread?]
  • bobmunro said:

JamesSeed said:

After 18th May beer:

1. They’re hoping, subject to approval from a couple of investors and the EFL, that the sale will happen next week. I think they might being a little optimistic with their estimate of the how long the EFL can take processing these fit and proper person tests, so an extra week or two might be on the cards? (Just guessing). But they're patient people.’

So I suspect it’s the ‘couple of investors’ / EFL thing that must have caused the delay?

Cheers

Colin

(PS Am I getting the hang of this?)

No - you need to incorporate a few grammatical errors.
    Also absolutely refusing to acknowledge all the other times you were completely wrong on something from your cast iron “sources”. Then you’ve gone full Colin.
  • JamesSeed said:

On full screen it's normally about an inch and a half - unless someone is really rambling.
  • edited June 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Just less than a millimetre
  • JamesSeed said:

Just less than millimetre
    Too late for a lol mate.

Whatever a lol mate is.
  • JamesSeed said:

[Edit: Can anybody tell me what's the biggest time gap between posts on this thread?]

Don’t tell him Pike.

If you do he will be putting up a book on what number post we will be on when the takeover is announced having nicked the best spots.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

hopeful of having a takeover news bulletin i can share tomorrow and from what i can gather, it will be a positive one

Don’t tell me they’re going to have a press conference when Muir returns?
    Yep, press conference when Muir returns at weekend, heard papers back from EFL with qualifications too.

: - )

WIOTOS
    You being serious?
    Yep, can't reveal my sources but that's what I heard. Happy to be the first to bring this to this thread.
    Is he returning on Fri, Sat or Sun?
    According to what I learnt at school the Saviour returned on a Sunday.
  • edited June 2018
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5812471/Notorious-poo-jogger-snapped-defecating-pathway-outed-hot-shot-businessman.html

Hot shot businessman apparently....is this what Andrew Muirs been up to then?!

BTW i know its not Muir but i certainly hope its not an investor!! Haha
  • edited June 2018
    I hope Gateshead have more success with their takeover by Richard and Julie than we did with Punch and Judy!!
  • Taxi_Lad said:

amazing how a little non league club like Gateshead can provide fans with an update on their takeover whereas our fuckknuckle of a club can't be arsed
    Not sure it's quite as simple as that. For a start who is there in authority at the club to issue such statements? The mess Roland has left our club in has obviously been to blame. Personally I don't think the new owners want to release confirmation/updates just in case things fall through.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

amazing how a little non league club like Gateshead can provide fans with an update on their takeover whereas our fuckknuckle of a club can't be arsed
    That is exactly the sort of press release you would expect to read when the seller & the buyer have agreed all the details and a price. Which is why I am not holding my breath with our situation because I am not convinced a consortium & RD have come to any agreement.
  • edited June 2018

JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

hopeful of having a takeover news bulletin i can share tomorrow and from what i can gather, it will be a positive one

Don’t tell me they’re going to have a press conference when Muir returns?
    Yep, press conference when Muir returns at weekend, heard papers back from EFL with qualifications too.

: - )

WIOTOS
    You being serious?
    Yep, can't reveal my sources but that's what I heard. Happy to be the first to bring this to this thread.
    Does your source wear a cardigan?
    All people of taste and class wear cardigans

What, as well as you? Seriously - great news :)
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

deal not done yet i'm afraid folks - big meeting this weekend, takeover will happen but probably still a few weeks away

Thank God.
  • DOUCHER said:

deal not done yet i'm afraid folks - big meeting this weekend, takeover will happen but probably still a few weeks away

Boooo

Who is going to oversee transfers? Sponsorship? Management appointments and finally who is going to cut the grass???
  • DOUCHER said:

Well, if this is true, what a complete and utter disappointment and shambles!! Transfer market is open and closes early, we have no manager or senior management team! Bowyer maybe or maybe not the new owners manager, but what on earth is going on?
    A big meeting this weekend!! This takeover is supposed to have been on for 14 months if you believe some people, and at least since the beginning of May (Muir in a scarf), and yet some 6 weeks later a big meeting is to take place? Only at Charlton can such a farce continue, after the last 4 years of farce!! Its more like a Brian Rix stage play!!
    Agree. Is the delay of RD’s making or are the new lot chancers?
  • Back for pre season in 3 weeks.
  • edited June 2018
    Valley11 said:

DOUCHER said:

Well, if this is true, what a complete and utter disappointment and shambles!! Transfer market is open and closes early, we have no manager or senior management team! Bowyer maybe or maybe not the new owners manager, but what on earth is going on?
    A big meeting this weekend!! This takeover is supposed to have been on for 14 months if you believe some people, and at least since the beginning of May (Muir in a scarf), and yet some 6 weeks later a big meeting is to take place? Only at Charlton can such a farce continue, after the last 4 years of farce!! Its more like a Brian Rix stage play!!
    Agree. Is the delay of RD’s making or are the new lot chancers?
    Neither. You'll need to go back quite a few pages on the thread to catch up though.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!