Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Hurrah!
  • JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

DOUCHER said:

hopeful of having a takeover news bulletin i can share tomorrow and from what i can gather, it will be a positive one

i do hope you're right @DOUCHER !!

after some of the abuse you've received I'd imagine you'd quite rightly feel very pleased with yourself
    Yep. If there was a way to filter this thread to only read @DOUCHER and @nth london addick 's contributions we could have all saved ourselves a hell of a lot of time from muddling through the residual tittle tattle over the past year.

Looking forward to it and his further vindication.
    lol (I assume)
    Not really lol no. They've been pretty much spot on hitherto in comparison to most even though @DOUCHER has received a lot of unnecessary and unwanted flak for not being on the approved list for this sort of thing.

The ugly side of CL on a site that oft rears its unwelcome head on a site filled with such beauty.

JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

DOUCHER said:

hopeful of having a takeover news bulletin i can share tomorrow and from what i can gather, it will be a positive one

after some of the abuse you've received I'd imagine you'd quite rightly feel very pleased with yourself
    Yep. If there was a way to filter this thread to only read @DOUCHER and @nth london addick 's contributions we could have all saved ourselves a hell of a lot of time from muddling through the residual tittle tattle over the past year.

lol (I assume)
    Not really lol no. They've been pretty much spot on hitherto in comparison to most even though @DOUCHER has received a lot of unnecessary and unwanted flak for not being on the approved list for this sort of thing.

The ugly side of CL on a site that oft rears its unwelcome head on a site filled with such beauty.
    I agree NLA has been consistent with his message all along and has turned out to be pretty much right throughout. However, anyone who can read must have worked out that Douchers story has changed a hundred times depending on what other info others have produced. Especially early on it was changing on a weekly basis. He may have got some stick but in my view it's deserved for his style of posting and confrontational approach.
    To be fair the only gripe I have with NLA is that his contact keeps telling him he thinks they’re short of money, when they’re not. As I’ve said, the hold ups haven’t been about the money. Haven’t really noticed what else he’s been predicting, but I’ll take your word for it that it’s not been inaccurate.
    _MrDick said:

JamesSeed said:

Thrillingly I am able to take the wind out of @DOUCHER 's sails.

Yes, I've had a message from he who must not be named, and he has exclusively revealed to me (it's all about me of course), that..... you know what, I'll let him speak for himself .....

'Hi mate. I am back in Aus tidying up my other business interests. Everything progressing well.' [Name redacted for reasons of confidentiality]. Colin

Eat that, so called @DOUCHER !

Let's see what you've got!

I now know what promotes are, but I don’t know who Colin is.
    It’s not easy being an outsider you know.
  • I am not going to believe it until all the circumstances lead to the delivery of the next campaigns season tickets before the first home game.
  • Can someone please explain what WIOTOS means?
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

Don’t tell me they’re going to have a press conference when Muir returns?
    Yep, press conference when Muir returns at weekend, heard papers back from EFL with qualifications too.

: - )

WIOTOS
    You being serious?
    Yep, can't reveal my sources but that's what I heard. Happy to be the first to bring this to this thread.
    Does your source wear a cardigan?

When It's On The Official Site

It means that whatever rumours or inside information appears nothing is done or confirmed until the club themselves have confirmed it.
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

Yep, press conference when Muir returns at weekend, heard papers back from EFL with qualifications too.

WIOTOS
    You being serious?
    Yep, can't reveal my sources but that's what I heard. Happy to be the first to bring this to this thread.
    All people of taste and class wear cardigans

• edited June 2018
    I can confirm from my source

https://youtu.be/hiThRIHwQDE
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Can someone please explain what WIOTOS means?

It means that whatever rumours or inside information appears nothing is done or confirmed until the club themselves have confirmed it.
    Regan Charles-Cook's new contract being the only exception? :smile:
    and Zabeel...
  • Scoham said:

You have to wonder who told the press team that he had signed and who has said he'd never signed : - )
  • Scoham said:

and Zabeel...
    That was subject to finalising the deal wasn't it?
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

WIOTOS
    You being serious?
    All people of taste and class wear cardigans

• JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

DOUCHER said:

lol (I assume)

JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

DOUCHER said:

lol (I assume)

I agree NLA has been consistent with his message all along and has turned out to be pretty much right throughout. However, anyone who can read must have worked out that Douchers story has changed a hundred times depending on what other info others have produced. Especially early on it was changing on a weekly basis. He may have got some stick but in my view it's deserved for his style of posting and confrontational approach.
    Just proves you can fool some of the people some of the time. Even when it's written down for everyone to see.

For fcks sake ... refer to the bloody glossary...http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80532/charlton-life-glossary/p1
  • edited June 2018
    JamesSeed said:

Yes, I've had a message from he who must not be named, and he has exclusively revealed to me (it's all about me of course), that..... you know what, I'll let him speak for himself .....

'Hi mate. I am back in Aus tidying up my other business interests. Everything progressing well.' [Name redacted for reasons of confidentiality].

I can probably trump that. I received this.

"Hi Ricky, I'm still back home in Aus, problem being is my car has been clamped and I haven't got enough money to get a taxi to the airport. Do you think you would be able to go to dinner with Roly tonight instead? - we have to look after out new CEO, so treat him well"

Anyway, must dash, love Andrew Dad
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

DOUCHER said:

lol (I assume)

JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

DOUCHER said:

lol (I assume)

To be fair the only gripe I have with NLA is that his contact keeps telling him he thinks they’re short of money, when they’re not. As I’ve said, the hold ups haven’t been about the money. Haven’t really noticed what else he’s been predicting, but I’ll take your word for it that it’s not been inaccurate.
    _MrDick said:

JamesSeed said:

'Hi mate. I am back in Aus tidying up my other business interests. Everything progressing well.' [Name redacted for reasons of confidentiality]. Colin

Fully sympathise, James. You'll never be a member of the Charlton Life Clique though; CL badge holders only, you know.

It's a bit like WIAATPC
  • Oggy Red said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

DOUCHER said:

lol (I assume)

JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

DOUCHER said:

lol (I assume)

_MrDick said:

JamesSeed said:

Fully sympathise, James. You'll never be a member of the Charlton Life Clique though; CL badge holders only, you know.

and how to we achieve these 'badges' you speak of?
  • cafcwill said:

Oggy Red said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

DOUCHER said:

lol (I assume)

JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

DOUCHER said:

lol (I assume)

_MrDick said:

JamesSeed said:

and how to we achieve these 'badges' you speak of?
    Come up with an acronym or expression that is deemed to be in sufficient use to make it into the Charlton Life glossary: http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80532/charlton-life-glossary/p1
  • Oggy Red said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

DOUCHER said:

lol (I assume)

JamesSeed said:

Taxi_Lad said:

DOUCHER said:

lol (I assume)

_MrDick said:

JamesSeed said:

Clique?
    Oggy my friend 'clique ' has been superseded by 'Royalty', and you are the Duke of Bodmin.
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

I've heard the new investors are preparing documentation to send on to the EFL. It could take up to a week or so for the deal to be finalised.

My imaginary source is confident of an announcement soon.

High fives for all round for everyone in the know!
    Yep best you put in the imaginary bit so the stupid amongst can realise you’re only joshing
  • Is 8th June the club's 113th birthday?
  • JamesSeed said:

Is 8th June the club's 113th birthday?

So just slightly older than Blackpool72
  • JamesSeed said:

Is 8th June the club's 113th birthday?

No, it's the 9 June
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!