Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I’ve asked. I’ve been told my call is important and I’ve been placed in a queue. An operator will be with me shortly

Bloody cheeky
  • cafc-west said:

What is the record for longest ever CL thread?

If every comment (25,300 at the moment) was printed on an A4 sheet of paper and they were laid in a line it would be 4.6 miles long...
    You'd have to stand 1,686 double decker buses on top of each other to reach up to to 4.6 miles in the sky.
  • cafc-west said:

What is the record for longest ever CL thread?

If every comment (25,300 at the moment) was printed on an A4 sheet of paper and they were laid in a line it would be 4.6 miles long...
    Yeah but what if there’s a corner?
  • Macronate said:

So if what @Addickted says is correct, are we at the stage where, using a house buying analogy, we are about ready to exchange contracts?

Because I have a horrible feeling that Roland is going to change his mind and take the fridge freezer with him after all.

Well he can't take the boiler because we ain't got one!
  • DOUCHER said:

hopeful of having a takeover news bulletin i can share tomorrow and from what i can gather, it will be a positive one

i do hope you're right @DOUCHER !!

after some of the abuse you've received I'd imagine you'd quite rightly feel very pleased with yourself
  • DOUCHER said:

hopeful of having a takeover news bulletin i can share tomorrow and from what i can gather, it will be a positive one

Don’t tell me they’re going to have a press conference when Muir returns?
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

Within 2-years of his return...
  • Sponsored links:

• IT’S......
  • Doucher said:
    April 2017, original post. 14 months on, could the OP have got the scoop right?
    Whoever that was, it looks like they were right all along but WIOTOS
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

Yep, press conference when Muir returns at weekend, heard papers back from EFL with qualifications too.

: - )

WIOTOS
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

Yep, press conference when Muir returns at weekend, heard papers back from EFL with qualifications too.

WIOTOS
    You being serious?
  • JamesSeed said:

Received a message from my contact.

I'm keeping it secret, even though it details the exact time and date of the sale, the name of the new manager, a list of the players they're signing, and details about the new online fans forum they're setting up, where promotes are given mainly for excellent fish puns. Oh, and there's also a link to a map for some reason.

I thought for a minute you had hooked it James
  • edited June 2018

Taxi_Lad said:

DOUCHER said:

i do hope you're right @DOUCHER !!

after some of the abuse you've received I'd imagine you'd quite rightly feel very pleased with yourself
    Yep. If there was a way to filter this thread to only read @DOUCHER and @nth london addick 's contributions we could have all saved ourselves a hell of a lot of time from muddling through the residual tittle tattle over the past year.

Looking forward to it and his further vindication.
    lol (I assume)
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

WIOTOS
    You being serious?
    Yep, can't reveal my sources but that's what I heard. Happy to be the first to bring this to this thread.
    Is he returning on Fri, Sat or Sun?
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

WIOTOS
    You being serious?
    Yep, can't reveal my sources but that's what I heard. Happy to be the first to bring this to this thread.
    8th or 9th but come on.

James Seed told us this nearly two weeks ago.

Addicted told us yesterday about the EFL paperwork.

Others have said it's done bar the EFL sign off and will be announced when Muir is in the country

This is not new news. It's not a scoop.

WIOTOS.
  • JamesSeed said:

Thrillingly I am able to take the wind out of @DOUCHER 's sails.

Yes, I've had a message from he who must not be named, and he has exclusively revealed to me (it's all about me of course), that..... you know what, I'll let him speak for himself .....

'Hi mate. I am back in Aus tidying up my other business interests. Everything progressing well.' [Name redacted for reasons of confidentiality].

Eat that, so called @DOUCHER !

Let's see what you've got!

Yep heard very similar from my source and I asked if today and confirmed definitely not today .
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

WIOTOS
    You being serious?
    8th or 9th but come on.

James Seed told us this nearly two weeks ago.

Addicted told us yesterday about the EFL paperwork.

Others have said it's done bar the EFL sign off and will be announced when Muir is in the country

This is not new news. It's not a scoop.

WIOTOS.
    Well, that warms the cockles.

(Oops we're not supposed to do that any more are we.)
  • Still not gonna believe it until I see the Sue Parkes , It's Happening gif !
  • Addickted said:

Right update on EFL.

Appendix 3 completed and returned, BUT with some qualifications over possibly two 'relevant persons' - one of which is in relationship to 'Association between Clubs'.

I can only assume that the EFL have gone into detailed examination of all the members of the consortium and there is an issue with a couple of them who may (or may not) have joined the party late in the day.

A Different analogy: I assume this is like an 'advisory' on a Cars MOT?

Needs to be sorted but can pass regardless

So Takeover is all but complete?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!