Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• There is more shit spoken on here, than on the Bowel Movements thread

I've been trying to avoid that thread ta.
  • Maybe someone had asked about Marshall before the playoffs and he asked for permission to talk to them. If this happened at the end of the season but before playoffs it would have pissed Bows off and explain why he is allowed to go.
  • J BLOCK said:

Oggy Red said:

SX_Addick said:

Wasn't Marshall Bradford's player of the season the previous year when Bradford got to the play off final? It is quite possible he would be in a new manager's plans and strange that this decision would be made without any consultation. Unless there is something we don't know!

Could be that Marshall doesn’t fancy hanging around to see whether he’ll be in the new manager’s plans, and has asked the club to let him go if an offer comes in.
    Perhaps for family reasons, he needs to go back up North.

It won't be Brighton of course, but possibly Portsmouth? :smile:
    It's not being driven by Marshall.
    Is it Bowyer driven?
    Unknown.

J BLOCK said:

Oggy Red said:

SX_Addick said:

Wasn't Marshall Bradford's player of the season the previous year when Bradford got to the play off final? It is quite possible he would be in a new manager's plans and strange that this decision would be made without any consultation. Unless there is something we don't know!

Could be that Marshall doesn’t fancy hanging around to see whether he’ll be in the new manager’s plans, and has asked the club to let him go if an offer comes in.
    Perhaps for family reasons, he needs to go back up North.

It won't be Brighton of course, but possibly Portsmouth? :smile:
    It's not being driven by Marshall.
    Is it Bowyer driven?
    Unknown.
    Dreisen been playing the new Football Manager in-between his frequent visits to xhamster?
    More like lemon party...
  • It's 2.1K comments since I opened this thread last and there doesn't seem to be any update on the mini thread so am I correct in assuming that there is actually no news about an imminent takeover?
  • Addickted said:

ct_addick said:

JamesSeed said:

SX_Addick said:

That’s possible. Apparently he was seen looking pretty angry when left out of the playoffs.
    To be honest I thought he deserved to play in the playoffs after Blackburn so I would be pissed off if I were him. Thought Bowyer changed it up too much last game against Shrewsbury IMHO. A couple of those loanees didn't give a toss

He brought him on, late in the second half for the last league game at Rochdale.

I thought he looked in excellent form for his cameo role there and looked by far and away our most dangerous player.

His omission from the play off games, appears to be a bit of a mystery. Bradford didn't seem to mind losing him from their successful side from the previous seaso, so I can only assume it was for non footballing reasons. Perhaps Bowyer's decision was similarly based?

Actually I know for a fact that Bradford did not want him to go but he was very keen to come to us.

• Chizz said:

It's 2.1K comments since I opened this thread last and there doesn't seem to be any update on the mini thread so am I correct in assuming that there is actually no news about an imminent takeover?

No, you're not correct. In between some of the slightly off-topic posts, there are some really interesting updates about the new owners, who the manager will be, the amount of money available for signings this summer, the new kit, the new sponsors, plans for the stadium and naming rights for some of the stands.

It's all there.

Happy catching up.
    ...and after each uneventful day that passes we are getting closer to the actual takeover...exciting huh!
  • J BLOCK said:

Unpopular opinion - Konsa isn’t as good as everyone makes out

Most Charlton fans I talk to about Konsa were gobsmacked when Everton were said to be interested. He still looks so shaky at times in what ever position he plays.
    Could it be we were a stable in form with Gomez and Lookman and Konsa is suffering in comparison when he should just be a young player trying to get into Charlton's team.
  • PeterGage said:

Abramovich would not pass the fit and proper test.

Genuine question - on what grounds? Insufficient funds? Criminal record?
    Genuine answer Peter.

Abramovich was a salesman of Russian dolls at 25 and potless and 8 years later was one of the richest men in the world because of knowing someone in the KGB and getting an interest free loan to buy a Russian state company for a 50th of its price when that well know drunk Boris Yeltsin did a closing down mega sale of state companies to chosen Russian families and the KGB (Putin and cronies)
    Thanks Sam.

Have read the "Proper Persons" bit on the FA Website, I still dont see what part of his very dubious financial "activities" would be deemed to be illegal and thus debar him from owning a football club; assuming of course he hasnt been prosecuted and found guilty of financial irregularities. But I stand to be corrected and won over......
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018

J BLOCK said:

Unpopular opinion - Konsa isn’t as good as everyone makes out

Most Charlton fans I talk to about Konsa were gobsmacked when Everton were said to be interested. He still looks so shaky at times in what ever position he plays.
    Could it be we were a stable in form with Gomez and Lookman and Konsa is suffering in comparison when he should just be a young player trying to get into Charlton's team.
    A bit like Nick Pope did with us. Konsa has something about him. Comfortable on the ball, capable of reading the game well with and without the ball. I can see why a Premier League club would take a punt on him.
  • Fumbluff said:

Fumbluff said:

Still in Las Vegas, got the day off, over 100 degrees. I know guys, it’s tough out here.
    Today was my day on James’s list, but I can wait until next Monday, that’s my birthday.

I’m in Vegas tomorrow, you can buy me a <<crap>> beer
    What time do you arrive?
    I leave for the airport at 1pm.
    Your beer money is safe, I don’t arrive until about 7pm
    That’s a shame, I’ll buy you one next season, maybe even two.
  • Addickted said:

It's 2.1K comments since I opened this thread last and there doesn't seem to be any update on the mini thread so am I correct in assuming that there is actually no news about an imminent takeover?

Not a lot on the takeover, though the pictures and links to the plans, drawing and architects models of 'The New Valley' on the peninsula were pretty impressive.
    ...I’m not sure I like the blue seating colour scheme or the crest depicting a bull holding up a sword with a robin on its shoulder.
  • PeterGage said:

Abramovich would not pass the fit and proper test.

Genuine question - on what grounds? Insufficient funds? Criminal record?
    Genuine answer Peter.

Abramovich was a salesman of Russian dolls at 25 and potless and 8 years later was one of the richest men in the world because of knowing someone in the KGB and getting an interest free loan to buy a Russian state company for a 50th of its price when that well know drunk Boris Yeltsin did a closing down mega sale of state companies to chosen Russian families and the KGB (Putin and cronies)
    “Interest free loan” aka “give me money or your knee caps”

All the oligarchs were gangsters during the Soviet Union. Russian doll shopkeeper is the perfect front.
  • It's 2.1K comments since I opened this thread last and there doesn't seem to be any update on the mini thread so am I correct in assuming that there is actually no news about an imminent takeover?

The takeover seems to be going on but taking it's time, seems the delay is due to the proposed merger with the spanners and that's what most of the 2K comments were about.
  • Addickted said:

Right update on EFL.

Appendix 3 completed and returned, BUT with some qualifications over possibly two 'relevant persons' - one of which is in relationship to 'Association between Clubs'.

I can only assume that the EFL have gone into detailed examination of all the members of the consortium and there is an issue with a couple of them who may (or may not) have joined the party late in the day.

OK Im being thick here but does "association between clubs" mean that one of the persons has or recently had holdings in another English club?
  • Sorry, but what is Appendix 3 and will what is required to be qualified take long to complete?
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry, but what is Appendix 3 and will what is required to be qualified take long to complete?

basically the 'fit and proper person test'

• So, we still don't know whether we are going to be a player farm for Everton or Arsenal. I wish they'd hurry up and let us know.
  • edited June 2018
    So fit and proper test is done and the EFL have made recommendations re: two of the potential investors, one of which has (or had) an interest in another football league club?
  • So fit and proper test is done and the EFL have made recommendations re: two of the potential investors, one of which has (or had) an interest in another football league club?

Sounds like that to me.
  • se9addick said:

Chizz said:

So, we still don't know whether we are going to be a player farm for Everton or Arsenal. I wish they'd hurry up and let us know.

They can join up to produce us another Fox in the Box!
    I'm more worried that the player farm will work more like it has for Lookman than in the opposite direction.
  • So fit and proper test is done and the EFL have made recommendations re: two of the potential investors, one of which has (or had) an interest in another football league club?

Sounds like that to me.
    So do we believe that once the recommended changes are made, then it can be announced?
  • If one of the investors is linked in some way to another club, could this be a conflict of interest issue rather than a fit and proper issue. We’re being taken over by Roman Abramovitch :open_mouth:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!