Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I am convinced it will be on or before next Friday, the 15th
  • Wasn't Marshall Bradford's player of the season the previous year when Bradford got to the play off final? It is quite possible he would be in a new manager's plans and strange that this decision would be made without any consultation. Unless there is something we don't know!
  • Wasn't Marshall Bradford's player of the season the previous year when Bradford got to the play off final? It is quite possible he would be in a new manager's plans and strange that this decision would be made without any consultation. Unless there is something we don't know!

Could be that Marshall doesn’t fancy hanging around to see whether he’ll be in the new manager’s plans, and has asked the club to let him go if an offer comes in.
  • Redhenry said:

Things seem to be happening in the background, re Bauer, Marshall and possibly Konsa moving on. It must be close to being done. Also Muir pictured in scarf etc.

I am 100%convinced that the takeover will happen this month.
    As for the actual day ?
    I’m going for the 33rd.
  • Redhenry said:

Things seem to be happening in the background, re Bauer, Marshall and possibly Konsa moving on. It must be close to being done. Also Muir pictured in scarf etc.

Has he already had his scarf above the head “it’s done” picture then? Or are you referring to the shrews game?
  • I am convinced it will be on or before next Friday, the 15th

The Aussies thought that it would happen by the 25th May, so before Muir’s weekend flight back to Oz (for the two week ‘break’). I did say at the time that something would probably crop up to stop that happening only because of Sod’s law.
    Once it became known that he was away for two weeks it always looked very likely that we wouldn’t hear anything definitive before his return.
    If he’s on a scheduled flight it’s possible he’ll arrive as a regular passenger, although he can clearly afford a VIP discreet arrival if he wants one.
    If a press conference isn’t announced fairly soon after his arrival, then even my boundless optimism may wane.
  • SX_Addick said:

Wasn't Marshall Bradford's player of the season the previous year when Bradford got to the play off final? It is quite possible he would be in a new manager's plans and strange that this decision would be made without any consultation. Unless there is something we don't know!

Could be that Marshall doesn’t fancy hanging around to see whether he’ll be in the new manager’s plans, and has asked the club to let him go if an offer comes in.
    That’s possible. Apparently he was seen looking pretty angry when left out of the playoffs.
  • Redhenry said:

As for the actual day ?
    I’m going for the 33rd.
    That's my waist size
  • JamesSeed said:

SX_Addick said:

Wasn't Marshall Bradford's player of the season the previous year when Bradford got to the play off final? It is quite possible he would be in a new manager's plans and strange that this decision would be made without any consultation. Unless there is something we don't know!

That’s possible. Apparently he was seen looking pretty angry when left out of the playoffs.
    I was pretty angry when he was left out of the playoffs too!
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

As for the actual day ?
    I’m going for the 33rd.
    That's my waist size if I halve it.
  • SX_Addick said:

Perhaps for family reasons, he needs to go back up North.

It won't be Brighton of course, but possibly Portsmouth? :smile:
  • Oggy Red said:

SX_Addick said:

It's not being driven by Marshall.
  • Oggy Red said:

SX_Addick said:

So who is driving him to north to Portsmouth then?

Seriously though, Marshall showed what he can do in glimpses this season. Don't forget he didn't have much of a pre-season with the injury he sustained.

To make decisions on the players careers, either new people are making them, RD's lackies or Murray must be. Who else? So it is either very close, or very far away. Heart says one, head says the other.
  • Markg2004 said:

Oggy Red said:

SX_Addick said:

Seriously though, Marshall showed what he can do in glimpses this season. Don't forget he didn't have much of a pre-season with the injury he sustained.

To make decisions on the players careers, either new people are making them, RD's lackies or Murray must be. Who else? So it is either very close, or very far away. Heart says one, head says the other.
    That's what I am thinking, this suggests it is very close or very far away.
  • Markg2004 said:

Oggy Red said:

SX_Addick said:

We've narrowed it down SHOCK! :wink:
  • Somebody had to agree to this and I'd like to know who. It would be very telling either way!
  • Markg2004 said:

Oggy Red said:

SX_Addick said:

I think I can risk a 50p each way on that
  • Oggy Red said:

SX_Addick said:

Is it Bowyer driven?
  • J BLOCK said:

Oggy Red said:

SX_Addick said:

Is it Bowyer driven?
    Unknown.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Oggy Red said:

SX_Addick said:

Is it Bowyer driven?
    Unknown.

J BLOCK said:

Oggy Red said:

SX_Addick said:

Is it Bowyer driven?
    Unknown.
    Dreisen been playing the new Football Manager in-between his frequent visits to xhamster?
  • I'm sticking with my 'Bowyer being given the job' line, which of course could easily be wrong. But he's the one who left him out of the playoffs, which must have been a real blow to Marshall's pride. I doubt LB would have the sway to put MM on the transfer list if he wasn't going to be the manager next season.

Not convinced Murray would have the authority to get rid of a player in the absence of a manager. What if the an incoming manager rates Marshall?

No, my money's on Bowyer already having the job.

• Still in Las Vegas, got the day off, over 100 degrees. I know guys, it’s tough out here.
    Today was my day on James’s list, but I can wait until next Monday, that’s my birthday.
  • Still in Las Vegas, got the day off, over 100 degrees. I know guys, it’s tough out here.
    Today was my day on James’s list, but I can wait until next Monday, that’s my birthday.

.... you can have a second guess if either:

1. The date selected is your birthday, and the date is free
    or
    2. The date selected is two calendar months after your first selection and the date is free.
  • Is it too much to ask that we can wrap this up on one of these dates?

Monday 11th June @MartinCAFC
    12th @Rudders22
    13th @KiwiValley
    14th @addick100
    15th @stonemuse
  • Thanks James, put me down for my birthday then. I’d rather not have to show my birth certificate as evidence because I actually don’t feel that old.
  • JamesSeed said:

I'm sticking with my 'Bowyer being given the job' line, which of course could easily be wrong. But he's the one who left him out of the playoffs, which must have been a real blow to Marshall's pride. I doubt LB would have the sway to put MM on the transfer list if he wasn't going to be the manager next season.

Not convinced Murray would have the authority to get rid of a player in the absence of a manager. What if the an incoming manager rates Marshall?

No, my money's on Bowyer already having the job.

LB will be have a carp if he isn't offered the position.

I’m in Vegas tomorrow, you can buy me a <<crap>> beer
  • edited June 2018

Thanks James, put me down for my birthday then. I’d rather not have to show my birth certificate as evidence because I actually don’t feel that old.

If That's Mondy 11th the date has already gone @catfordmorry

Apologies, this is on the wrong thread ☹
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!