Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Missed It said:

If it’s widely known amongst the employees that a date has been set for the takeover to be announced then it’s obviously regarded by both seller and buyer that secrecy is no longer an issue. On that basis where are our Charlton focussed journalists ? Wouldn’t you think that they might have the date too ? Find it hard to believe that our very own Airman Brown wouldn’t also be well informed.

The staff were all told a takeover was happening in February, so i won't be holding my breath waiting
    They were also saying about a year ago they hoped it was going to be in the next few weeks
    They were but it would seem that the club employees have been told when it’s going to be announced which is different to hoping for the next few weeks. My point is that if employees know then so should the press.

I’m guessing they don’t actually know and just like ‘outside’ the club, that’s the current rumour doing the rounds.
  • Missed It said:

If it’s widely known amongst the employees that a date has been set for the takeover to be announced then it’s obviously regarded by both seller and buyer that secrecy is no longer an issue. On that basis where are our Charlton focussed journalists ? Wouldn’t you think that they might have the date too ? Find it hard to believe that our very own Airman Brown wouldn’t also be well informed.

The staff were all told a takeover was happening in February, so i won't be holding my breath waiting
    They were also saying about a year ago they hoped it was going to be in the next few weeks
    They were also saying it was a done deal a week ago at one point.
  • Missed It said:

They were also saying it was a done deal a week ago at one point.
    Which could well be true.

• Chizz said:

All four sides of the ground are being cleaned up and refurbished. The East Stand, Jimmy Seed Stand, the West Stand and Bay 13.

NO.......NOT.................BAY13....AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!
  • One thing I know is I know one person at the club who knows a lot and if anybody is in the know it's him but he knows nothing as far as I know.
  • Sage said:

JamesSeed said:

I’m hoping that as Andrew Muir is flying back some time on the weekend of 9th June there should be a press conference perhaps on the 12th or 13th? That’s just a guess, and would depend on the sale being concluded by then I suppose.

Matches up with things I’ve heard. Got told an announcement to be made before the World Cup starts. Hence my post previously saying Thursday 14th June.
    Not quite, it’s 15 June
  • WIOTOS

Or When It’s Announced At The Press Conference

WIAATPC

That really has a ring to it.
  • Missed It said:

They were but it would seem that the club employees have been told when it’s going to be announced which is different to hoping for the next few weeks. My point is that if employees know then so should the press.

They are just bored now...spending their time reading Charlton Life.
  • Sponsored links:

• stonemuse said:

Sage said:

JamesSeed said:

I’m hoping that as Andrew Muir is flying back some time on the weekend of 9th June there should be a press conference perhaps on the 12th or 13th? That’s just a guess, and would depend on the sale being concluded by then I suppose.

Matches up with things I’ve heard. Got told an announcement to be made before the World Cup starts. Hence my post previously saying Thursday 14th June.
    Not quite, it’s 15 June
    What’s not quite? World Cup starts 14th June.
  • Sage said:

stonemuse said:

Sage said:

JamesSeed said:

Not quite, it’s 15 June
    Announcement 15 June
  • stonemuse said:

Sage said:

stonemuse said:

Sage said:

JamesSeed said:

Not quite, it’s 15 June
    Announcement 15 June
    Now you've done it...

Queue CL going into meltdown, asking poor Airman to confirm this is the actual date...
  • He could just be coming back for the World Cup?
  • razil said:

He could just be coming back for the World Cup?

Don't they show it in Oz?!
  • 100% not happening.

Roland to bring in a few Belgian cronies and the Club will be run like one in severe administration for a huge part of next season until Varney and his associates hoover it up for a quid probably some time after Christmas.
  • 100% not happening.

Roland to bring in a few Belgian cronies and the Club will be run like one in severe administration for a huge part of next season until Varney and his associates hoover it up for a quid probably some time after Christmas.

??
  • 100% not happening.

Why post something like that unless you know 100% that is actually true? Or are you just craving attention?
  • 100% not happening.

Why post something like that unless you know 100% that is actually true? Or are you just craving attention?
    Craving attention obvs.
  • Sponsored links:

• 100% not happening.

Craving attention obvs.
    Wasn't he just joking?
  • JamesSeed said:

100% not happening.

Craving attention obvs.
    Wasn't he just joking?
    Yes, jokingly craving attention.
  • We’re a touchy bunch these days. I blame the heat
  • edited June 2018

We’re a touchy bunch these days. I blame the heat

Let's hope Andrew Muir doesn't have the mood swings some of us have then!

I blame the heat and burn in a beer garden this afternoon
  • edited June 2018

We’re a touchy bunch these days. I blame the heat

I just think this thread is starting to take its toll on us that’s all.

I honestly thought it would’ve been all done and dusted last month. Depressing that the old scrot is still here.
  • JamesSeed said:

100% not happening.

Craving attention obvs.
    Wasn't he just joking?
    I thought that was the point of Social Media?
  • JamesSeed said:

100% not happening.

Craving attention obvs.
    Wasn't he just joking?
    I thought that was the point of Social Media?
    Yeah maybe

I don't get it

spouting nonsense on this thread is zzzzzz

• We have been adrift in a sea of despair for what seems like an eternity and in the past few months have had people throwing in life belts and life rafts in an attempt to keep us buoyant whilst we wait for the gleaming cruise ship to appear on the horizon to pull us in, dry us down and go full steam ahead to a happier place.

Now admittedly we have some people who claim to have bigger rafts than others and equally some of the belts have been caught in the wind and missed the target and some have been no more than seaside rubber rings which were as welcome as industrial strength shark bait.

But as one of the many thousands bobbing along, waiting to be rescued, I am grateful of any attempt to drag me out of these murky depths, even if at times the rope has been too short or what appeared to be Captain Dowman sailing towards me, turned out to be Captain Birds Eye!

(come on, it's got to be better than all of those house selling analogy's surely?)

Seen moored in Greenwich yesterday evening. It's happening!!

It's a message board thing :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!