Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited June 2018
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

If anyone other than Muir is going to announce this takeover (should it happen), please let it be @Tracey (with all due respect to others who may get a tip off, of course).

Hope Olly breaks it on the OS. Good if it was a fan and long serving/suffering member of staff.
    Olly didn't make the ride. He let Tracey down. It won't do at all. He's got to go.
    Goodness me, there’s your significant news, he’s been typing up a press release since Thursday night.....

When he pulled out (doctor's orders lol) it did make me wonder. But George totally denied it.
  • edited June 2018
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

If anyone other than Muir is going to announce this takeover (should it happen), please let it be @Tracey (with all due respect to others who may get a tip off, of course).

Hope Olly breaks it on the OS. Good if it was a fan and long serving/suffering member of staff.
    Olly didn't make the ride. He let Tracey down. It won't do at all. He's got to go.
    Goodness me, there’s your significant news, he’s been typing up a press release since Thursday night.....
    When he pulled out (doctor's orders lol) it did make me wonder. But George totally denied it.

. . . . . . . . . . .

George?
  • Mrkinski said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

. . . . . . . . . . .

George?

Isnt George Jones another guy on the comms team?
  • Mrkinski said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

. . . . . . . . . . .

George?
    Isnt George Jones another guy on the comms team?

Yes, sorry.
  • Sorry, I've just posted this on the Mark Marshall thread, but was so over excited that I thought I'd post it here too, as it has relevance I think?

'Just a thought, (and apologies if someone else has mentioned this already):

Marshall is still under contract, so unless we have already selected a new manager (and I include LB in this), no-one is going to tell him he can go are they? It would require a manager's approval.

Ergo, we have a new manager, probably LB, as LB dropped Marshall for the playoffs.'
  • Would also explain how we're looking at Ogogo etc.
  • JamesSeed said:

Sorry, I've just posted this on the Mark Marshall thread, but was so over excited that I thought I'd post it here too, as it has relevance I think?

Marshall is still under contract, so unless we have already selected a new manager (and I include LB in this), no-one is going to tell him he can go are they? It would require a manager's approval.

Ergo, we have a new manager, probably LB, as LB dropped Marshall for the playoffs.'

Which, if true, means either the new owners have decided to stick with LB or the old owner has decided, since he hasn't sold the club, to stick with LB.

WIOTOS
  • edited June 2018

JamesSeed said:

Sorry, I've just posted this on the Mark Marshall thread, but was so over excited that I thought I'd post it here too, as it has relevance I think?

Which, if true, means either the new owners have decided to stick with LB or the old owner has decided, since he hasn't sold the club, to stick with LB.

WIOTOS
    Oh come on you old spoil sport, this is the stuff, this is what we want!
    ;-)
  • JamesSeed said:

Think you're reading a bit too much into it. In the absence of a permanent manager, Murray will have asked Bowyer and Jacko for their opinions on who to let go and who to keep. Marshall will have signed as senior pro on decent money (especially if Katrien "negotiated" the deal) but he hasn't really become a senior figure in the squad, so I think between Bowyer, Jackson and Murray they probably decided that the wages could be spent better elsewhere, either by Bowyer or another manager.

Obviously there's a chance that we'll get a new manager who wanted to build his entire team around Mark Marshall and is furious that he was allowed to leave, but that seems unlikely to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    Chizz said:

JamesSeed said:

RD still owns Charlton. At what point during his ownership has anything ever required a manager's approval?
    He's not involved in anything day to day. Just the selling of the club, and even that he's leaving to his minions.
  • JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

JamesSeed said:

RD still owns Charlton. At what point during his ownership has anything ever required a manager's approval?
    He's not involved in anything day to day. Just selling, and even that he's leaving to his minions.
    My question is about the manager though. Under RD, no player sale or release has required the manager's approval. So, even if LB is still de facto the manager (anyone know?) Marshall's release wouldn't be held up awaiting his ok.
  • Chizz said:

JamesSeed said:

Chizz said:

JamesSeed said:

He's not involved in anything day to day. Just selling, and even that he's leaving to his minions.
    My question is about the manager though. Under RD, no player sale or release has required the manager's approval. So, even if LB is still de facto the manager (anyone know?) Marshall's release wouldn't be held up awaiting his ok.
    But he hasn't been released; just told he can go if anyone else wants him.
  • edited June 2018

Club has just tweeted that season ticket sales are suspended until new ticketing system goes live on 11th June.

A week long cutover? Well, I've never been on an IT project that would allow a revenue-generating system to be offline for a week during the peak sales period, so here's my only contribution to the hyperbole...

It's 100% definitely this week and I utterly reject your collective WIOTOS'!! *insert relevant gif*!

When they will go back on sale at the discounted rate again.....

Either that or the ticket office are only capable of processing 5 at a time.
  • edited June 2018
    MrLargo said:

JamesSeed said:

Think you're reading a bit too much into it. In the absence of a permanent manager, Murray will have asked Bowyer and Jacko for their opinions on who to let go and who to keep. Marshall will have signed as senior pro on decent money (especially if Katrien "negotiated" the deal) but he hasn't really become a senior figure in the squad, so I think between Bowyer, Jackson and Murray they probably decided that the wages could be spent better elsewhere, either by Bowyer or another manager.

Possibly, but I feel the club may already been have sold, or it may be known that it's days away, with an announcement round the corner. I'm not sure they'd come to a decision like like that unless they feel fairly sure that Bowyer is staying, or unless they knew the next manager, if not Bowyer, also didn't fancy him. It just seems a bit final, when a new manager might be coming in a few days time.

It would make you look a bit silly sticking him on the transfer list (pissing off the player for one thing) and then taking him off it the next, unless you're sure about what you're doing. You don't need to think he's a player to build a team around to want to keep him - the fact that he's a pretty good squad player would do for me, especially when you're trying to build a squad pretty damn quickly for the forthcoming season.

They were arranging interviews with potential managers from around 18th May, so that process may possibly have been concluded already. I'm sure these things won't be announced until Muir is there to make the announcement in person.

He's flying back on weekend of the 9th. Don't know which day, so don't know when he'll be landing, but the announcement (let's hope there is one!), could happen within hours, if that's what Muir wants. It could even be the 11th!

WIAATPC
  • JamesSeed said:

MrLargo said:

JamesSeed said:

Possibly, but I feel the club may already been have sold, or it may be known that it's days away, with an announcement round the corner. I'm not sure they'd come to a decision like like that unless they feel fairly sure that Bowyer is staying, or unless they knew the next manager, if not Bowyer, also didn't fancy him. It just seems a bit final, when a new manager might be coming in a few days time.

It would make you look a bit silly sticking him on the transfer list (pissing off the player for one thing) and then taking him off it the next, unless you're sure about what you're doing. You don't need to think he's a player to build a team around to want to keep him - the fact that he's a pretty good squad player would do for me, especially when you're trying to build a squad pretty damn quickly for the forthcoming season.

They were arranging interviews with potential managers from around 18th May, so that process may possibly have been concluded already. I'm sure these things won't be announced until Muir is there to make the announcement in person.

WIAATPC
    WIAATPC? what witchcraft is this?

Team WIOTOS all the way
  • edited June 2018
    cafcwill said:

JamesSeed said:

MrLargo said:

JamesSeed said:

WIAATPC
    WIAATPC? what witchcraft is this?

Team WIOTOS all the way
    When It's Announced At The Press Conference.

Although it might be announced OTOS simultaneously, but that would depend on Muir, who would you imagine have the final say.

So could be a draw?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    Gotta love WATA

(Why all the abbreviations!!!!)
  • edited June 2018
    JamesSeed said:

MrLargo said:

JamesSeed said:

He's flying back on weekend of the 9th. Don't know which day, so don't know when he'll be landing, but the announcement (let's hope there is one!), could happen within hours, if that's what Muir wants. It could even be the 11th!

WIAATPC
    You expect us to take you seriously when you don't know information like this.

I give up!
  • Macronate said:

JamesSeed said:

MrLargo said:

JamesSeed said:

WIAATPC
    You expect us to take you seriously when you don't know information like this.

I give up!
    Ok I’ll ask, damn you.
  • Andew Muir spotted in DFS purchasing the new fan sofa, on 3 years 0% finance. Looks a lovely number to be fair, easily seats 4
  • Stumbled across this piece earlier on A-League expansion in Australia. I wonder if our future sister club is in there somewhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/25/fifteen-a-league-expansion-bids-confirmed-on-deadline-day

The 15 bids
    ACT: Canberra
    New South Wales: South-West Sydney (Liverpool), Southern Expansion (Sutherland-St George Illawarra), Wollongong Wolves, Macarthur (Campbelltown)
    Queensland: Brisbane City, Gold Coast United, Western Pride/Ipswich
    South Australia: West Adelaide
    Tasmania: State-wide
    Victoria: Team 11 (South-East Melbourne), South Melbourne, Western Melbourne, Belgravia Leisure
    Western Australia: Fremantle City
  • IDGAFWJHU!

I dont give a f**k when just hurry up!

My personal favourite :wink:

Jstcafo
    That's my personal favourite
  • Redhenry said:

Things seem to be happening in the background, re Bauer, Marshall and possibly Konsa moving on. It must be close to being done. Also Muir pictured in scarf etc.

I am 100%convinced that the takeover will happen this month.
    As for the actual day ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!