Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• All I am saying is that if a takeover is imminent, and the manager under the new owner is not known, surely decisions such as these are put on hold! Even if the player has fallen out with somebody. There seems to be some underlying information that cannot be shared with us which might explain things, but I can't see what it is other than Bowyer influencing this call!
  • edited June 2018

All I am saying is that if a takeover is imminent, and the manager under the new owner is not known, surely decisions such as these are put on hold! Even if the player has fallen out with somebody. There seems to be some underlying information that cannot be shared with us which might explain things, but I can't see what it is other than Bowyer influencing this call!

Unless Bowyer was asked to provide a list of players that should be leaving and a wish list of signings before his vacation. And the current and prospective owners have agreed that Marshall can go.
  • Chizz said:

All I am saying is that if a takeover is imminent, and the manager under the new owner is not known, surely decisions such as these are put on hold! Even if the player has fallen out with somebody. There seems to be some underlying information that cannot be shared with us which might explain things, but I can't see what it is other than Bowyer influencing this call!

Unless Boyer was asked to provide a list of players that should be leaving and a wish list of signings before his vacation. And the current and prospective owners have agreed that Marshall can go.
    Well that is both possible and interesting if true!
  • JamesSeed said:

Is it too much to ask that we can wrap this up on one of these dates?

Monday 11th June @MartinCAFC
    12th @Rudders22
    13th @KiwiValley
    14th @addick100
    15th @stonemuse

@JamesSeed can i have the 16th if it isnt taken?
  • J BLOCK said:

Redhenry said:

Things seem to be happening in the background, re Bauer, Marshall and possibly Konsa moving on. It must be close to being done. Also Muir pictured in scarf etc.

Has he already had his scarf above the head “it’s done” picture then? Or are you referring to the shrews game?
    The Shrews game. He would look a bit daft if it doesn't happen now.
  • JamesSeed said:

SX_Addick said:

Wasn't Marshall Bradford's player of the season the previous year when Bradford got to the play off final? It is quite possible he would be in a new manager's plans and strange that this decision would be made without any consultation. Unless there is something we don't know!

Could be that Marshall doesn’t fancy hanging around to see whether he’ll be in the new manager’s plans, and has asked the club to let him go if an offer comes in.
    That’s possible. Apparently he was seen looking pretty angry when left out of the playoffs.
    To be honest I thought he deserved to play in the playoffs after Blackburn so I would be pissed off if I were him. Thought Bowyer changed it up too much last game against Shrewsbury IMHO. A couple of those loanees didn't give a toss

• JamesSeed said:

12th @Rudders22
    13th @KiwiValley
    14th @addick100
    15th @stonemuse

Said 15 June months back and I’m sticking to it.
  • JamesSeed said:

12th @Rudders22
    13th @KiwiValley
    14th @addick100
    15th @stonemuse

Tried to organise a game of golf midweek with Scarfy ... he tells me he is all tied up on the 13th.
  • CAFCDAZ said:

JamesSeed said:

12th @Rudders22
    13th @KiwiValley
    14th @addick100
    15th @stonemuse

@JamesSeed can i have the 16th if it isnt taken?
    Check the prediction thread pls
  • Sponsored links:

• If Muir was aware of the importance of being seen with Scarfy - that's credit already to his understanding of the fan's universe.
  • JamesSeed said:

I'm sticking with my 'Bowyer being given the job' line, which of course could easily be wrong. But he's the one who left him out of the playoffs, which must have been a real blow to Marshall's pride. I doubt LB would have the sway to put MM on the transfer list if he wasn't going to be the manager next season.

Not convinced Murray would have the authority to get rid of a player in the absence of a manager. What if the an incoming manager rates Marshall?

No, my money's on Bowyer already having the job.

What ever is going on can not see Murray having the final say on this.

This has come from new owners and the manager that will lead Charlton into 2018/2019 season. Now that could be Bowyer or not,i have afeeling that anew manager will come along with Bowyer playing another role with Charlton.

You need a man that understands english football and has had years of experience plying his trade.
    Think Muir has picked his man and what is going on now are dealings which the new manager has agreed to.
  • ct_addick said:

JamesSeed said:

SX_Addick said:

Wasn't Marshall Bradford's player of the season the previous year when Bradford got to the play off final? It is quite possible he would be in a new manager's plans and strange that this decision would be made without any consultation. Unless there is something we don't know!

Could be that Marshall doesn’t fancy hanging around to see whether he’ll be in the new manager’s plans, and has asked the club to let him go if an offer comes in.
    That’s possible. Apparently he was seen looking pretty angry when left out of the playoffs.
    To be honest I thought he deserved to play in the playoffs after Blackburn so I would be pissed off if I were him. Thought Bowyer changed it up too much last game against Shrewsbury IMHO. A couple of those loanees didn't give a toss

He brought him on, late in the second half for the last league game at Rochdale.

I thought he looked in excellent form for his cameo role there and looked by far and away our most dangerous player.

His omission from the play off games, appears to be a bit of a mystery. Bradford didn't seem to mind losing him from their successful side from the previous seaso, so I can only assume it was for non footballing reasons. Perhaps Bowyer's decision was similarly based?

• IDGAFWJHU!

I dont give a f**k when just hurry up!

My personal favourite :wink:

Jstcafo
    That's my personal favourite
    I’m not sure what yours means Blackpool, could you elaborate :wink:
  • JamesSeed said:

I'm sticking with my 'Bowyer being given the job' line, which of course could easily be wrong. But he's the one who left him out of the playoffs, which must have been a real blow to Marshall's pride. I doubt LB would have the sway to put MM on the transfer list if he wasn't going to be the manager next season.

Not convinced Murray would have the authority to get rid of a player in the absence of a manager. What if the an incoming manager rates Marshall?

What ever is going on can not see Murray having the final say on this.

This has come from new owners and the manager that will lead Charlton into 2018/2019 season. Now that could be Bowyer or not,i have afeeling that anew manager will come along with Bowyer playing another role with Charlton.

You need a man that understands english football and has had years of experience plying his trade.
    Think Muir has picked his man and what is going on now are dealings which the new manager has agreed to.
    I believe Bowyer has said he'll be leaving if he isn't given the manager's job. They were lining up interviews for before Muir went back to Oz, so you're probably right that he has picked his man. I think it's Bowyer, but could easily be wrong.
  • Stumbled across this piece earlier on A-League expansion in Australia. I wonder if our future sister club is in there somewhere.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/25/fifteen-a-league-expansion-bids-confirmed-on-deadline-day

The 15 bids
    ACT: Canberra
    New South Wales: South-West Sydney (Liverpool), Southern Expansion (Sutherland-St George Illawarra), Wollongong Wolves, Macarthur (Campbelltown)
    Queensland: Brisbane City, Gold Coast United, Western Pride/Ipswich
    South Australia: West Adelaide
    Tasmania: State-wide
    Victoria: Team 11 (South-East Melbourne), South Melbourne, Western Melbourne, Belgravia Leisure
    Western Australia: Fremantle City

Because Gold Coast Utd was such a success last time? This despite a big population of Europeans. They struggled to get any sort of crowds in. Same will apply to Brisbane City. Roar don’t command a regular good crowd. The only recent success has been The Wanderer’s and I suspect that is very much a one off.
  • JamesSeed said:

Thanks James, put me down for my birthday then. I’d rather not have to show my birth certificate as evidence because I actually don’t feel that old.

If That's Mondy 11th the date has already gone @catfordmorry

Apologies, this is on the wrong thread ☹
    Sorry James, I misread your instructions. It’s the heat what done me.
  • Fumbluff said:

Still in Las Vegas, got the day off, over 100 degrees. I know guys, it’s tough out here.
    Today was my day on James’s list, but I can wait until next Monday, that’s my birthday.

I’m in Vegas tomorrow, you can buy me a <<crap>> beer
    What time do you arrive?
    I leave for the airport at 1pm.
  • I brought my bright red CAFC jacket to wear whilst celebrating if the takeover had been announced when I was here.
    So if we meet you’ll be able to pick me out from a crowd.
  • I don't have any knowledge of the takeover at all or know anyone ITK.....but I reckon it will be announced before the WC starts & Bowyer will be the manager.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's the 13th I tell you. Kiwi Valley will be rich.
  • JamesSeed said:

LB will be have a carp if he isn't offered the position.

I have just spoken to Lee about the job and suggested that he seize the day. Well my exact words were carpe diem.

I will get my oilskins.
    sounds a bit piscosos to me.
  • D-Day tomorrow...just saying
  • Fumbluff said:

Still in Las Vegas, got the day off, over 100 degrees. I know guys, it’s tough out here.
    Today was my day on James’s list, but I can wait until next Monday, that’s my birthday.

I’m in Vegas tomorrow, you can buy me a <<crap>> beer
    What time do you arrive?
    I leave for the airport at 1pm.
    Your beer money is safe, I don’t arrive until about 7pm
  • Addickted said:

ct_addick said:

JamesSeed said:

SX_Addick said:

He brought him on, late in the second half for the last league game at Rochdale.

I thought he looked in excellent form for his cameo role there and looked by far and away our most dangerous player.

His omission from the play off games, appears to be a bit of a mystery. Bradford didn't seem to mind losing him from their successful side from the previous seaso, so I can only assume it was for non footballing reasons. Perhaps Bowyer's decision was similarly based?

Marshall played the whole game at Rochdale.
  • So 97 posts of absolutely nothing, it’s amazing how we can speculate on knowing absolutely nothing, congratulations all round, looking forward to the next 97 on nothing;(
  • 1/97.........
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!