Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Is it likely to put a halt to things?
  • So fit and proper test is done and the EFL have made recommendations re: two of the potential investors, one of which has (or had) an interest in another football league club?

Sounds like that to me.
    So do we believe that once the recommended changes are made, then it can be announced?
    One would assume so. But how long will it take to rectify the changes ?
    If someone has to sell shares in another club that could take a day or months.
  • Addickted said:

Right update on EFL.

Appendix 3 completed and returned, BUT with some qualifications over possibly two 'relevant persons' - one of which is in relationship to 'Association between Clubs'.

I can only assume that the EFL have gone into detailed examination of all the members of the consortium and there is an issue with a couple of them who may (or may not) have joined the party late in the day.

You would think (particularly as they appear to have been around for about a year) that the Aussies would have made sure that they understood the EFL's regs inside out and that any other interests of any of their consortium wouldn't in any way be an issue?
  • So fit and proper test is done and the EFL have made recommendations re: two of the potential investors, one of which has (or had) an interest in another football league club?

Sounds like that to me.
    So do we believe that once the recommended changes are made, then it can be announced?
    Subject to terms, it would likely be a case of leaving them out with an agreement to add them back once they've dissolved the problematic associations (assuming, they want to proceed with CAFC).
  • _MrDick said:

If one of the investors is linked in some way to another club, could this be a conflict of interest issue rather than a fit and proper issue. We’re being taken over by Roman Abramovitch :open_mouth:

It could be that one of the members of the consortium has an interest or a position in a football club back in (say) Australia but the FA do not consider this a reason for not passing the fit and proper; but have made recommendations about his future role by making it clear that more involvement in our Club would require approval first.

• Isnt the term “position of influence “ of significance when there are associations noted with other clubs. ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

Right update on EFL.

Appendix 3 completed and returned, BUT with some qualifications over possibly two 'relevant persons' - one of which is in relationship to 'Association between Clubs'.

I can only assume that the EFL have gone into detailed examination of all the members of the consortium and there is an issue with a couple of them who may (or may not) have joined the party late in the day.

Thanks @Addickted

So is it "carry on but watch those two" or "we need more information before we can sign it off"?
  • Redrobo said:

_MrDick said:

If one of the investors is linked in some way to another club, could this be a conflict of interest issue rather than a fit and proper issue. We’re being taken over by Roman Abramovitch :open_mouth:

It could be that one of the members of the consortium has an interest or a position in a football club back in (say) Australia but the FA do not consider this a reason for not passing the fit and proper; but have made recommendations about his future role by making it clear that more involvement in our Club would require approval first.

Why would they care about ownership of an Australian team when Roly owned Belgian, Spanish, German and Hungarian teams (although maybe not all of those when he bought us).
    Exactly.

The note from Addicted said there were qualifications. I am merely suggestion that they have noted the involvement and have made a stipulation that if the role is changed in anyway it would require approval.

Appendix 3 was changed I think in 2015. I don’t have time to note the differences, but perhaps old Rolly made them think that a few changes were required!
  • Angeldust on the other place has said something similar

Sounds like that to me.
    Same thing happaned recently with Sunderland & the new owner sold his share in the other club within a week or 2. I'd hope that whoever it is would know this & the matter is already in hand......or they join at a latter date when the situation is rectified.
  • Could it be Usmanov who was rumoured on here?
  • Addickted said:

Right update on EFL.

Is this news in the public domain or does it come from a "source" you have?
  • The end is nigh: All over bar the shouting.

The fat lady is changing into her costume and deciding on what to gargle....
  • Addickted said:

Right update on EFL.

Thanks @Addickted

So is it "carry on but watch those two" or "we need more information before we can sign it off"?
    Sorry, but very busy with Government inspection following our takeover of another Company at the moment. Hoping I pass their 'fit and proper' test!

Just posting the text word for word.

My understanding of it is that the EFL want confirmation on one or two of the possible consortium members, though the association between clubs threw me a bit as surely this mean one of them is involved in another English League club. No mention on what the other issue was.

I would have thought if they've returned the paperwork then the fit and proper test is approved, subject to the two outstanding issues being resolved and confirmed.

• Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    So does this mean we’re on schedule for an announcement this/early next week or another delay?
  • So does this mean we’re on schedule for an announcement this/early next week or another delay?

No it means that the EFL have returned the paperwork with qualifications. It will be announced when it's announced as has always been the case.

• Surely with PE around the gaff he must be familiar with the EFL corridors of power and would not have led the deal into a bureaucratic ambush. Hopefully, then, just a slap on the wrist, if that.

Done and soon, by the middle of June!!
  • It’s the Bristol Rovers chairman

Steve Hamer, who has worked with Keith Harris in the past. I'm assuming Steve Hamer has a financial interest in Bristol Rovers then and may have to ditch that first before he can be involved with Charlton. Similar to Sunderland, their new owner and Eastleigh.
  • So if what @Addickted says is correct, are we at the stage where, using a house buying analogy, we are about ready to exchange contracts?

Because I have a horrible feeling that Roland is going to change his mind and take the fridge freezer with him after all.
  • Redrobo said:

_MrDick said:

Why would they care about ownership of an Australian team when Roly owned Belgian, Spanish, German and Hungarian teams (although maybe not all of those when he bought us).
    Good point - makes it sound a bit silly really!
  • Pure guesswork but I do wonder if there's some sort of link to those behind Everton / Arsenal.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!