Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 100% not happening.

Roland to bring in a few Belgian cronies and the Club will be run like one in severe administration for a huge part of next season until Varney and his associates hoover it up for a quid probably some time after Christmas.

I don't think this will be far of the money.
  • edited June 2018

We’re a touchy bunch these days. I blame the heat

Let's hope Andrew Muir doesn't have the mood swings some of us have then!
    This is where Andrews Air Conditioning need to be our shirt sponsor again.
  • JamesSeed said:

Don’t need to be patient for much longer I think.

Muir cutting trip home short ...
  • JamesSeed said:

Put on your tin hat, Airman, here they come again!
  • J BLOCK said:

JamesSeed said:

Muir cutting trip home short ...
    Is that a question or a statement of fact?
  • I’m worried for everyone once post Roland syndrome kicks in

There’s still others from the regime like the wannabe big man ;)

We will have to get C.A.R.D. to campaign on our behalf to keep this thread open after Muir has taken over, so that were ready for the next take - over, it saves all the effort of setting everything up again.

• We’re a touchy bunch these days. I blame the heat

I blame Brexit.

• Sponsored links:

• It’s only taken 13.8 billion years for the universe to get to this thread, you can’t blame it for wanting to keep it around for a bit longer. :wink:
    It’s all part of the cosmic dance, everyone, when you think of it like that, it’s kinda groovy, in its way.
    I am receiving treatment.....

• edited June 2018
    Roland to bring in a few Belgian cronies and the Club will be run like one in severe administration for a huge part of next season until Varney and his associates hoover it up for a quid probably some time after Christmas.

Why post something like that unless you know 100% that is actually true? Or are you just craving attention?

Craving attention obvs.

Wasn't he just joking?

Yes, jokingly craving attention.

I thought that was the point of Social Media?

Yeah maybe

I don't get it

spouting nonsense on this thread is zzzzzz

If it's nonsense you want look at the majority of comments on any brexit thread.
  • If anyone other than Muir is going to announce this takeover (should it happen), please let it be @Tracey (with all due respect to others who may get a tip off, of course).
  • He probably wont be able due to NDA's etc. yet would love to hear Olly's version of events under the RD years
  • I hope @Big_Bad_World or @MillwallFan break the news
  • Just announce it soon
  • Sponsored links:

• Who was that person on reception that Karl Robinson praised in his post match interview? Maybe we should give her a call
  • Looks like they are getting all the bad news out of the way now - Bauer, GK coach etc and generally clearing the decks - Marshall, Konsa (a move seems to have been on the cards for ages) then the announcement will happen and the re build will begin. For this to be the case, you would have thought there is a fair chance that Bowyer will be manager next year and has been liaising with the Aussies over the last few weeks. This could, of course, be wrong but certainly looking like a highly feasible scenario at the moment.
  • edited June 2018
    Key reasons why Muir's lot might not be defined as Fit & Proper by the FA:

In general, a businessman will fail the test if:
    - They have power or influence over another Football League club
    - They hold a significant interest in another Football League club
    - They become prohibited by law from being a director
    - They are filing for bankruptcy
    - They have been director of a club while it has suffered two or more unconnected events of insolvency
    - They have been a director of two or more clubs of which, while they have been director, has suffered an event of insolvency

Reading that gives me a great hope.
  • Any indication of what sort of funds will be available if this takeover ever goes ahead?
  • JamesSeed said:

If anyone other than Muir is going to announce this takeover (should it happen), please let it be @Tracey (with all due respect to others who may get a tip off, of course).

Hope Olly breaks it on the OS. Good if it was a fan and long serving/suffering member of staff.
    Olly didn't make the ride. He let Tracey down. It won't do at all. He's got to go.
  • So has anything actually changed in the past 12 hours or are we just assuming it’ll happen a bit sooner now?
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

If anyone other than Muir is going to announce this takeover (should it happen), please let it be @Tracey (with all due respect to others who may get a tip off, of course).

Hope Olly breaks it on the OS. Good if it was a fan and long serving/suffering member of staff.
    Olly didn't make the ride. He let Tracey down. It won't do at all. He's got to go.
    Goodness me, there’s your significant news, he’s been typing up a press release since Thursday night.....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!