Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• There today for biggest crowd of season :-(

Most guys who are on the payroll said 8/9 June for announcement as Muir returns from Oz.

All said that's what we have been told but...."who knows though"!

Never ending saga....
  • BR3red said:

There today for biggest crowd of season :-(

Most guys who are on the payroll said 8/9 June for announcement as Muir returns from Oz.

Never ending saga....

I thought he was going home for two weeks. He might be flying back on 9th or 10th, so think 12th or 13th more likely?

If this doesn’t happen I’m dead meat aren’t I.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Feck this thread. I'm enjoying some fishing.

Never knew you were a Carp man Dazz, where is the venue?
  • JamesSeed said:

BR3red said:

Never ending saga....

I thought he was going home for two weeks. He might be flying back on 9th or 10th, so think 12th or 13th more likely?

"Who knows though"

No idea- just saying what I was told...

Valley looked great in the sun.

North lower seats looked like they had been renewed. Odd?
  • BR3red said:

Never ending saga....

"What we've been told" is an interesting bit. Told by whom?
  • Chizz said:

BR3red said:

Never ending saga....

Did not ask - sorry - doubtful if they would have answered that question anyway?
  • JamesSeed said:

BR3red said:

Never ending saga....

A bit like most of your buffet dinner tonight? :smile:

• JamesSeed said:

FAVADDICK said:

No more news James??

He could at least tell us what he’s having for dinner. At least give us something Jimbo ffs. He’s in Amsterdam at the moment (I think) probably feasting on a curtain of beef.
    Buffet dinner.
    1. Soup
    2. Baked cod with pasta
    3. Pork, sauce, baby new potatoes
    4. Beouf Bourguignon.
    5. Chocolate mouse + summer fruit yoghurt
    Anyway, is this the 'takeover' or 'takeaway' thread?

• BR3red said:

Chizz said:

BR3red said:

Never ending saga....

Did not ask - sorry - doubtful if they would have answered that question anyway?
    But it seems like an openly discussed issue, among Charlton employees? And they're being provided with (some) information from their bosses. Is that right? If so, that's interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• BR3red said:

I did ask if they were sad that the era with Douch was ending.. You can guess the answer

So you didn’t speak to Madame Vol au vent
  • BR3red said:

JamesSeed said:

BR3red said:

Never ending saga....

Green or gold?
  • I am away working in Las Vegas at the moment and my American colleagues have noted that I am not functioning as they would usually expect, and it’s all because I’m looking at this blooming thread morning, noon and night.
    The diet of BudLite, pizza and pot noodle is not helping either.

You should switch to fish fingers.
    Are you trying to batter me up?
  • BR3red said:

JamesSeed said:

BR3red said:

Never ending saga....

Green or gold?
    Still mostly red but with a large blue bull picked out chair by chair. It’s facing the West Stand if you’re interested...
  • If it’s widely known amongst the employees that a date has been set for the takeover to be announced then it’s obviously regarded by both seller and buyer that secrecy is no longer an issue. On that basis where are our Charlton focussed journalists ? Wouldn’t you think that they might have the date too ? Find it hard to believe that our very own Airman Brown wouldn’t also be well informed.

• Bartrams sign was being replaced with Walkabouts.
  • All four sides of the ground are being cleaned up and refurbished. The East Stand, Jimmy Seed Stand, the West Stand and Bay 13.
  • Sponsored links:

• So do we know if the electric hoardings are here to stay ??
  • If it’s widely known amongst the employees that a date has been set for the takeover to be announced then it’s obviously regarded by both seller and buyer that secrecy is no longer an issue. On that basis where are our Charlton focussed journalists ? Wouldn’t you think that they might have the date too ? Find it hard to believe that our very own Airman Brown wouldn’t also be well informed.

The staff were all told a takeover was happening in February, so i won't be holding my breath waiting

Club is 113 on 9 June
  • FAVADDICK said:

So do we know if the electric hoardings are here to stay ??

I was told not, just for the youtubers game.
  • I’m hoping that as Andrew Muir is flying back some time on the weekend of 9th June there should be a press conference perhaps on the 12th or 13th? That’s just a guess, and would depend on the sale being concluded by then I suppose.
  • Missed It said:

If it’s widely known amongst the employees that a date has been set for the takeover to be announced then it’s obviously regarded by both seller and buyer that secrecy is no longer an issue. On that basis where are our Charlton focussed journalists ? Wouldn’t you think that they might have the date too ? Find it hard to believe that our very own Airman Brown wouldn’t also be well informed.

The staff were all told a takeover was happening in February, so i won't be holding my breath waiting
    They were also saying about a year ago they hoped it was going to be in the next few weeks
  • edited June 2018

Dazzler21 said:

Feck this thread. I'm enjoying some fishing.

Never knew you were a Carp man Dazz, where is the venue?
    It's a place called five oaks fishery outside Horsham.

It's average for fishing, loads of little fish no medium really and a few big.

Good for beers and livens up at night a bit. Finished with a few 5lbish carp and a couple of Rudd.
  • rel="Addickted">I don't get this mate of Rolands he trusts. does not mean I'm calling him out, just that he and his source are uwrong

Do you have a source, or is it just something you've 'worked out', as a matter of interest?

I suspect that we (and
    DOUCHER said:

Croydon said:

From OS statement regarding Bowyer:

“The takeover hasn’t moved as quickly as we had envisaged and it was important for those players and fans to know that whatever happens there will be stability.

“At this stage, there are still two parties looking to purchase the club and everything is close but a date for a takeover is not something I am able to put a timeline on because, as we have seen, these things can take longer than expected.”

The 2 parties being the Aussie's and Red Henry's lot I presume.

from what I can make out red herring is making it up as he goes along - aussies and brits are the 2 parties and the henrys Arabic panther is acting as some kind of decoy in the long grass - possibly with a mask on
    What you get up to in the evenings is your own business mate.
  • Missed It said:

If it’s widely known amongst the employees that a date has been set for the takeover to be announced then it’s obviously regarded by both seller and buyer that secrecy is no longer an issue. On that basis where are our Charlton focussed journalists ? Wouldn’t you think that they might have the date too ? Find it hard to believe that our very own Airman Brown wouldn’t also be well informed.

They were also saying about a year ago they hoped it was going to be in the next few weeks
    They were but it would seem that the club employees have been told when it’s going to be announced which is different to hoping for the next few weeks. My point is that if employees know then so should the press.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!