Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:

Unpopular opinion - Konsa isn’t as good as everyone makes out

True. Massively over rated.
  • Konsa yes.

My Manager at work is Southampton season ticket holder - he is convinced they are signing him.
    Has he become a Brighton fan?
  • August 2017 was a fine scoop and hats off to you

October 2017 -June 2018
    Still not done deal but maybe imminent (now) not your finest hr of news worthy leaks

I am unsure if @AFKABartram will allow another member but I think @JamesSeed would fit the age demographic you are in and will tick the boxes for Human Resources with regards diversity within the new age order

What have I done now?!
  • Another week gone then. 4 weeks tomorrow since the League One season finished

Can’t be long before we’ll know which division we’ll be in then...
  • 15 June ... believe
  • JamesSeed said:

August 2017 was a fine scoop and hats off to you

October 2017 -June 2018
    Still not done deal but maybe imminent (now) not your finest hr of news worthy leaks

I am unsure if @AFKABartram will allow another member but I think @JamesSeed would fit the age demographic you are in and will tick the boxes for Human Resources with regards diversity within the new age order

What have I done now?!
    I have nominated you to leavevthe old dinosaurs and help us tick the older persons box for HR in the new age order
  • JamesSeed said:

August 2017 was a fine scoop and hats off to you

October 2017 -June 2018

What have I done now?!
    I have nominated you to leavevthe old dinosaurs and help us tick the older persons box for HR in the new age order
    I’m 61 but after today’s ride I feel 81
  • You’ll do that’s a tick
  • Why are people slating Konsa?

A number of Prem clubs are after him and he has represented his country at all levels.

He has played right back, centre back and holdig mid for us. And he is seen by many as surpus to requirements ?

Based on what?

He isn’t Joe Gomez? Fair enough, but Gomez is and was a unique talent.

Konsa is a fantastic player in a number of positions. He will leave us soon but let’s not pretend he isn’t Prem quality.

Is this something to do with the takeover?

Nope....nope. I've read it a couple of times, and it doesn't mention Australians, Red Bull, or even Duchatalet.

So the panic in the streets continues, then.

For Pete's sake, can you all at least TRY to chill out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Pete? Varney?

Wait, what have you heard?
  • edited June 2018

Why are people slating Konsa?

A number of Prem clubs are after him and he has represented his country at all levels.

He has played right back, centre back and holdig mid for us. And he is seen by many as surpus to requirements ?

Based on what?

Konsa is a fantastic player in a number of positions. He will leave us soon but let’s not pretend he isn’t Prem quality.

He isn't Prem quality...yet. He might get there but plenty of players have represented their countries at various levels but haven't made the expected progress in their development that was hoped.

He is a decent young player with some promise, but that's all at this stage. He makes lots of errors and has failed to nail down a position permanently in a league one side (so far).

I think saying he is Prem quality is an over exaggeration at this point in time.
    I think he is. He has played a number of positions that shows his versatility but means he hasn’t nailed down a particular role, which is no fault of his own.

In my opinion he is a potentially excellent holding midfielder.

Physically he is good enough, I believe he will have a successful Prem career
  • Why are people slating Konsa?

Based on what?

He isn't Prem quality...yet. He might get there but plenty of players have represented their countries at various levels but haven't made the expected progress in their development that was hoped.

He is a decent young player with some promise, but that's all at this stage. He makes lots of errors and has failed to nail down a position permanently in a league one side (so far).

I think saying he is Prem quality is an over exaggeration at this point in time.
    I think he is. He has played a number of positions that shows his versatility but means he hasn’t nailed down a particular role, which is no fault of his own.

In my opinion he is a potentially excellent holding midfielder.

Physically he is good enough, I believe he will have a successful Prem career
    Well here's a question. If you think that Konsa is Prem quality, do you think both Bauer and Pearce are too? Because when all three were fit he failed to dislodge either of them to take what is his natural position at centre back.
  • Can we take Player rumours posts to the player rumours threads please. Ta

• Do we want this sort of behaviour at the Valley?
    I was expecting the keeper to do a drop kick.
  • rikofold said:

Can we take Player rumours posts to the player rumours threads please. Ta

Quite. This thread is supposed to be for people pretending to be in the know comparing dick sizes with others pretending to be in the know.
    And fish puns.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    (Insert amusing phrase linking duct tape and takeover)image
  • Does anyone know if Billy Clarke will be ready for the start of next season ?
  • Does anyone know if Billy Clarke will be ready for the start of next season ?

At POY he told me it was more likely to be September.
  • Curb_It said:

I was told a few months ago by very good source that Konsa had already been sold. But I don't know who to.

Everton offered 1.8 m for Konsa in Jan, he wasn't allowed to be sold because of the ongoing negotiations with several parties.
  • I know it's ruining my life but I just keep coming back .

That’s what they say in AA.
  • I am away working in Las Vegas at the moment and my American colleagues have noted that I am not functioning as they would usually expect, and it’s all because I’m looking at this blooming thread morning, noon and night.
    The diet of BudLite, pizza and pot noodle is not helping either.
  • I am away working in Las Vegas at the moment and my American colleagues have noted that I am not functioning as they would usually expect, and it’s all because I’m looking at this blooming thread morning, noon and night.
    The diet of BudLite, pizza and pot noodle is not helping either.

You should switch to fish fingers.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!