Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• We’ve got em worried lads....

Hell have no fury like an ITK scorned with a fanzine to sell

Maybe next time you write imminent AB or Done Deal you’ll research your source and facts

But hey it sold you a few and made you a few quid and those that wait on your every word will still do so

If you flip the coin over to what you just posted

It’s not easier to post it’s not happening when you and others were pissing your pants you’d had a snippet that made you still seem to have a relevant source of knowledge

In fact two lone voices saying wait it’s not close no fee has been agreed and even up to the weekend you posted done deal I knew of two parties who were meeting those involved selling the club for the first time

Don’t worry you will soon be in the Guiness book of records for the longest imminent done deal ever

Appreciate you know nothing about the fanzine market, but tweeting things between issues (or putting stuff online here or at www.votvonline.com) doesn’t sell extra copies of issues that don’t contain the relevant information.

If anything it’s counter-productive, but other than revealing Muir on the front cover last August - a scoop that now looks likely to be the biggest of the whole saga, although it met a muted response at the time - I’ve generally not kept significant stuff back for publication. Timelines don’t suit it and I was more interested in sharing what I’d heard.

If I only wanted to maximise fanzine sales I would never disclose or comment on anything online, but the world isn’t that simple for most people.
    Dear oh dear.
  • Rothko said:

So what the actual fuck is going on, other then collective willy waving by some?

I know @TCE would love to have fathered me, but I didn’t think would be that pleased.
  • T_C_E said:

Fumbluff said:

My mummy says I’m a miracle....

Mine said I was a mistake.
    Mummy is fibbing...........
    Love
    Daddy xx ;)
    You show your dogs more attention than me. Letting them sit at the table, while I get a dog bowl. Thanks for nothing.

Anyway you can’t be my Dad - he wouldn’t dress like something out of Carry on Camping. :wink:
    And for the record, I'd show next doors dog more attention than you. ;)
  • My 2 year old has literally just said to me

"Dad, It will happen when it happens. Don't stress on it like the others. Charlton Life is just full of imbeciles bickering with each other. To quote Joyce Meyer, 'Patience is not simply the ability to wait - it's how we behave while we're waiting' "

#ProudDad #DHOTYA

r/thathappened
  • Have we ascertained who has the biggest E-Penis yet?

If not I suggest we go for some puns.....how about weather puns? I'll start....I hope, sun day soon, that the takeover completes and that the new owner take us to a bright new future.

Do your worst peeps
  • Swisdom said:

Have we ascertained who has the biggest E-Penis yet?

If not I suggest we go for some puns.....how about weather puns? I'll start....I hope, sun day soon, that the takeover completes and that the new owner take us to a bright new future.

Do your worst peeps

This is snow joke Swisdom
  • Sponsored links:

• We have been adrift in a sea of despair for what seems like an eternity and in the past few months have had people throwing in life belts and life rafts in an attempt to keep us buoyant whilst we wait for the gleaming cruise ship to appear on the horizon to pull us in, dry us down and go full steam ahead to a happier place.

Now admittedly we have some people who claim to have bigger rafts than others and equally some of the belts have been caught in the wind and missed the target and some have been no more than seaside rubber rings which were as welcome as industrial strength shark bait.

But as one of the many thousands bobbing along, waiting to be rescued, I am grateful of any attempt to drag me out of these murky depths, even if at times the rope has been too short or what appeared to be Captain Dowman sailing towards me, turned out to be Captain Birds Eye!

(come on, it's got to be better than all of those house selling analogy's surely?)

You just know that gleaming cruise ship will pull up alongside and as we scramble aboard past its name on the side of the hull... RMS TITANIC.
  • I hate it when mummy and daddy fight.
  • Swisdom said:

Do your worst peeps

i love it when this forum gets a new nugget of info and that always leads to further info coming out

as they say, when it Rains it pours

keep it coming
  • I rarely claim to be ITK (about anything, frankly) but I'd like to share a rumour I have heard. The takeover won't be announced this morning. (Or, if it is announced this morning, it will be quite late on).

Hope this helps.
  • Rain may glisten
    But still I'll listen
    For hours and hours
  • Rothko said:

So what the actual fuck is going on, other then collective willy waving by some?

This.

This is THE most accurate FACT on this thread.

Feck sake.
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

Swisdom said:

Do your worst peeps

PLEASE DONT!!

The pun jokes are absolute shit. When I was on holiday last week, I had 798 unread bloody messages on this thread, I couldn't believe the shit I had to read through.

I don’t get it. You could hand said wade through. You’re not very good at this ;-)

• Curb_It said:

Swisdom said:

Do your worst peeps

PLEASE DONT!!

The pun jokes are absolute shit. When I was on holiday last week, I had 798 unread bloody messages on this thread, I couldn't believe the shit I had to read through.

Just when you’re about to write a witty weather related pun @Curb_It goes and rains on your parade
  • Swisdom said:

Curb_It said:

Swisdom said:

Do your worst peeps

PLEASE DONT!!

I don’t get it. You could hand said wade through. You’re not very good at this ;-)

Hand said?

Back to e penis & Willy waving puns now?
  • Curb_It said:

Swisdom said:

Do your worst peeps

PLEASE DONT!!

Just when you’re about to write a witty weather related pun @Curb_It goes and rains on your parade
    Maybe @Curb_It is feeling a bit under the weather or snowed under at work?

Normally she is a ray of sunshine
  • Curb_It said:

Swisdom said:

Do your worst peeps

PLEASE DONT!!

Maybe @Curb_It is feeling a bit under the weather or snowed under at work?

Normally she is a ray of sunshine
    An avalanche of puns there
  • Swisdom said:

Curb_It said:

Swisdom said:

Do your worst peeps

PLEASE DONT!!

Hand said?

Back to e penis & Willy waving puns now?
    Shake it till you make it
  • Just stop it as @Curb_It said please. Grow up.
  • careful careful a pissed off Curb-it is something to be avoided
  • Just stop it as @Curb_It said please. Grow up.

It is ok I think we have weathered the storm

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!