Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 3blokes said:

I vote we give it another week then we all go completely nuts...

Too late.........
  • DRAddick said:

JamesSeed said:

One thing i forgot to mention is that my chap was singing the praises of Andrew Muir, who genuinely sounds like a top man. He loves meeting fans, just like old Roland.
    Oh, wait a minute....

Well he’s al
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Is Colin not DOUCHER? Always thought they were the same person.

No, different people.

Both contradict themselves and then conviniently forget all the things they got wrong.
    If u could tell us one thing I've got wrong u may regain a grain of credibility - if not just accept that you cannot always be right and move on
    I've never claimed to always be right, that was you. All I've ever said is WIOTOS.

Neither do I need, unlike you, to gain or retain credability. It's just an internet forum, it doesn't matter and I don't need the vindication.

But since you asked on 22 December and for months before you denied there was any takeover talks and that no due diligence had taken place or was happening.

On 29 December, four working days later, the club announced that the club was in the process of being sold. You weren't mentioning your sold in two years mantra then either.

You then asked how long due diligence took as if it had been done over Xmas by two different parties.

Anyway, I'm sure 98% of lifers just want the takeover to happen asap and care very little about petty squabbles or point scoring.

Over and out.
    rubbish - i said to airmen in october 'if it was happening, it ain't now' so how that equates to no takeover talks is beyond me - and how you've invented me asking how long dd takes i don't know - no proper dd undertaken then - drop your obsession, its doing you no favours and don't try and kid anybody u aren't into petty squables and point scoring - that's what you do but in my case you've lost badly so suck it up and move on
    Definitely should be a politician.
    U need to b on here when 'debating' with s gang of wannabe journalists and politicians - what's funny is that old know it all was taunting me around January February time about the fact I said it would happen once next seasons division was known - if I was really tedious I would trawl back through the posts and re copy here
  • edited June 2018
  • Any chance of this thread reaching 1000 pages before the takeover is done? :lol:

Can't see it making 100 pages by 11 June
  • Sponsored links:

• I think i prefer the 50 pages of fish puns to all the "I told you so" - "No, I told you so " bollocks.

Please, please hurry up and sell so I can get back to good old fashioned moaning about how bad our midfield is.
  • Your info may come from the inner sanctum rectum but most don't trust a word RM or RD say anymore

Corrected your typo
  • I've always said it will happen manana.
  • edited June 2018

We’ve got em worried lads....

Hell have no fury like an ITK scorned with a fanzine to sell

Maybe next time you write imminent AB or Done Deal you’ll research your source and facts

But hey it sold you a few and made you a few quid and those that wait on your every word will still do so

If you flip the coin over to what you just posted

It’s not easier to post it’s not happening when you and others were pissing your pants you’d had a snippet that made you still seem to have a relevant source of knowledge

In fact two lone voices saying wait it’s not close no fee has been agreed and even up to the weekend you posted done deal I knew of two parties who were meeting those involved selling the club for the first time

Don’t worry you will soon be in the Guiness book of records for the longest imminent done deal ever

One consistent voice and that was you. Doesn't mean you were wrong or right (my guess is both you and Airman have been both at times) but you have been consistent throughout. Others haven't as @Fumbluff and @cantersaddick have noticed.

I'll stick to having broken the story that it was the Aussie on here and WIOTOS. Both are 100% locked on FACT ; - )

The fit and proper paperwork is with the EFL. @Addickted, who is an OK bloke most of the time, has said it and sources inside the club have said, third hand to me, the same. That was 7 working days ago. So we wait.
  • Sponsored links:

• As one of the more balanced posters on this forum I would like to thank NLA and Doucher for bringing some much needed credibility to this meandering thread whilst older posters have lost their heads over the last months.

The young lions have usurped the old guard in this transition of power. A remarkable time in Charlton Life history.

What a time to be alive and a foruming addick.
  • I am guessing the fact that I haven't been able to get onto the portal to buy season tickets today or yesterday (don't worry I am not buying one) doesn't mean anything? Other than either me or Charlton are crap at technology?
  • Todays the day, i can feel it in my bones.
  • The FF has been delayed again in anticipation, so we can officially go back to “Imminent” status
  • Jesus, everybody, do some of you think that Muir et al turned up wearing scarves, ties, etc. at the play off games, just to wind up supporters? Not a great way to heal rifts, is it?

Now, every time anyone on here, mentions something they've heard, or even something they've made up, there is another spate of expecting Airman to have the answers, and a collective wailing and rending of garments...

Now, I am in no way ITK, but it is going to happen, in its own time, and subject to certain vagaries of bureaucracy grinding exceeding slowly.

Can't everybody just take a (strong) chill pill, and relax? It'll all turn up right in the end...

Pretty much spot on IMO.

Have to laugh at people crediting Doucher and NLA with bringing information here - IIRC neither have ever brought anything to the table, just denied what other people were saying. That’s rather easier than actually digging out what is happening. It’s the difference between running down and up hill.
    Surely as they called ir right, they were the one's who'd dug out what was really happening.

It's the difference between being right or wrong, not any hill.
  • DOUCHER said:

Is Colin not DOUCHER? Always thought they were the same person.

No, different people.

Both contradict themselves and then conviniently forget all the things they got wrong.
    If u could tell us one thing I've got wrong u may regain a grain of credibility - if not just accept that you cannot always be right and move on
    I've never claimed to always be right, that was you. All I've ever said is WIOTOS.

Neither do I need, unlike you, to gain or retain credability. It's just an internet forum, it doesn't matter and I don't need the vindication.

But since you asked on 22 December and for months before you denied there was any takeover talks and that no due diligence had taken place or was happening.

On 29 December, four working days later, the club announced that the club was in the process of being sold. You weren't mentioning your sold in two years mantra then either.

You then asked how long due diligence took as if it had been done over Xmas by two different parties.

Anyway, I'm sure 98% of lifers just want the takeover to happen asap and care very little about petty squabbles or point scoring.

Over and out.
    We are the 2%. Squabble away boys, squabble away

• August 2017 was a fine scoop and hats off to you

October 2017 -June 2018
    Still not done deal but maybe imminent (now) not your finest hr of news worthy leaks

I am unsure if @AFKABartram will allow another member but I think @JamesSeed would fit the age demographic you are in and will tick the boxes for Human Resources with regards diversity within the new age order
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!