Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Abramovich would not pass the fit and proper test.

Genuine question - on what grounds? Insufficient funds? Criminal record?
  • What on Earth is going on ?

Abramovich is going to buy us and move us to the Golan Heights, is the rumour I heard.
  • There’s a seperate thread running for Abramovich, stick to that please. Ta
  • PeterGage said:

Abramovich would not pass the fit and proper test.

Genuine question - on what grounds? Insufficient funds? Criminal record?
    Origin of funds?
  • If you read the Guardian's recent stories on RA's visa issues and his connections to Putin as revealed in a 2015 court case, I cannot see how he would pass the test. Or, that could just be my wishful thinking that the bar is set high for such tests.
  • Nick Gray, blimey thats a name i remember from the CAFC website forum thingy, he was a tit then too!

A2C from 606 seems to have returned too...

Oldest comment on here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/44317494

Love how he still has the same old writing style
  • FAVADDICK said:

It is is that a bad thing to me he has been right with the things he's been saying all along

He really hasn't but never mind.
    Pretty sure Colin and NLA have got more right than anyone else on the thread?
  • If you read the Guardian's recent stories on RA's visa issues and his connections to Putin as revealed in a 2015 court case, I cannot see how he would pass the test. Or, that could just be my wishful thinking that the bar is set high for such tests.

Just asking...isnt the issues around the lack of renewal of his visa is because of the recent restrictions of some Russian citizens fron entering the UK after the tit for tat embassy expulsions on both sides? Wouldnt have thought the FA Fit and Proper test would be affected by such government restrictions.
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:

It is is that a bad thing to me he has been right with the things he's been saying all along

But they have been saying the opposite to one another.
  • Why hasn't the club, the owner or Richard Murray made a public statement about the takeover?
  • Is Colin not DOUCHER? Always thought they were the same person.

Bexley is the only common goal with those 2

Colin is a tall slim fella with ginger hair and he wears cardigans.
    Not sure who he is on here.
  • So when is the next drink with Gerald?
  • JamesSeed said:

alangee said:

FAVADDICK said:

Except the 'show me the money' debate. It was never about lack of funds. The delays have been because of issues from the pre Roland era. And because there are various members of the consortium, there has had to be signing off on individual issues, which takes time. The consortium has far more money available to them than the relatively small sum required to buy Charlton.
    They very clearly had funding problems at the start of their venture.

• shirty5 said:

So when is the next drink with Gerald?

I actually have never had a drink with Gerald.
  • James seed what are the Aussies worth then £m?.
  • Sponsored links:

Different writing styles.
  • I know absolutely nothing about The Takeover which puts me in a prime position to speculate on all things Takeover and spew forth.

This is how I see things with everything I don’t know

That’s it hope that helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6EaoPMANQM
  • alangee said:

FAVADDICK said:

We only disagreed on one issue and that was DD i agreed it was being done and at that point He believed it hadn’t

Except that we have been saying the same tbf
  • alangee said:

FAVADDICK said:

We only disagreed on one issue and that was DD i agreed it was being done and at that point He believed it hadn’t

Except that we have been saying the same tbf
    And you have both been correct
  • They are waiting for @JamesSeed to get on his bike before they announce the takeover.
  • I think it’s become increasingly clear in the last few months that myself @AFKABartram , @nth london addick , @DOUCHER @i_b_b_o_r_g and Colin are the five bright young individuals forming the ‘New Order’ when it comes to being In The Know on the Charlton scene. I don’t think collectively through our network of contacts home and abroad we’ve called a single thing wrong in this saga yet.

Already we’ve been working behind the scenes with RTM and I’m proud to say ‘Charlton Thrive with the Famous Five’ will be hitting the Sunday night airwaves come August, and two of us have secured regular columns in The Mercury and the Bexley Leader for the 18/19 season.

Hoping there are many more privileges to come. Times up old boys.

• FAVADDICK said:

Thing is that Colin comes out with so much stuff gleaned from regurgitated media sources and then claims or at least gives the impression that he is the originator of such disclosures through his ‘source’.
    Didn’t he recently claim he had a neice who worked in the solicitors offices that were dealing with the takeover......if you believe that, then you’ll believe anything!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!