Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• dickplumb said:

A great deal of good information has emerged from a wide variety of sources over the last 15 months - prior to the end of December the club denied anything was going on and the media (with the exception of the Mail online in April 2017) took their lead from that.

Even after December, information from the club has proven to be seriously misleading (Murray’s February prediction and, according to NLA, his assertion that the price and terms had then been agreed).

The weakness of all information, including Murray’s and even Duchatelet’s, is that it has been based at best on a partial understanding of the various actors and failed, understandably, to predict changes of position. Some participants in the process - never mind people releasing information - have been proven naive.

I spoke to a friend with a business journalism background, and he wasn’t in the least surprised by this. Indeed, he said unpredictability was inherent in business stories (probably because of the posturing involved in deal-making).

The club could have managed the process better and reassured fans by being more transparent, but obviously Duchatelet regards fans as a necessary evil and places no value on managing their expectations, which is one reason why his whole tenure has been so turbulent. It is a foolish position and creates a vacuum others are bound to fill.

As to whether we would have been better off knowing nothing, I personally cannot see it. It would only have added to the sense of despair that has surrounded the club, but of course it’s easy for some people with nothing useful to contribute to sneer. Perhaps that’s just who they are? It doesn’t change the fact that the narrative created by fans from information available has been correct and vastly more so than the official one.

All very interesting but is the Takeover going to happen in the next couple of week ?

Refer you to my tweet two weeks ago today, before @jamesseed had his meeting, that the Aussies expected to complete the deal in two to three weeks maximum. That was very much their expectation. It only came from them, but everything involving them since has been consistent with that. The relevant papers are with the league. Duchatelet appears willing to sell to them. Maybe they will get the go-ahead next week and Muir will return to announce it the following week? I would become concerned if it ran on longer than that.
    As always thanks for the update Airman. If you are in a position to do so could you clarify 1 x point for me as I do not know how the wheels at the EFL turn and work.

You say "Duchatelet appears willing to sell to them" which indicates to me that a firm price and agreement has not been reached, or signed between the seller (RD) and the buyer (Muir).

If this is so and I am understanding it correctly why have papers been sent to the EFL? Surely papers are only sent when a firm deal is struck and the EFL can take the deal as being serious.

The EFL are not a vetting agency where you can repeatedly send them potential buyers to see if they pass the test.

• With Aiken and Murphy involved is there any link to the Everton owners perhaps?
  • dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

A great deal of good information has emerged from a wide variety of sources over the last 15 months - prior to the end of December the club denied anything was going on and the media (with the exception of the Mail online in April 2017) took their lead from that.

Even after December, information from the club has proven to be seriously misleading (Murray’s February prediction and, according to NLA, his assertion that the price and terms had then been agreed).

The weakness of all information, including Murray’s and even Duchatelet’s, is that it has been based at best on a partial understanding of the various actors and failed, understandably, to predict changes of position. Some participants in the process - never mind people releasing information - have been proven naive.

I spoke to a friend with a business journalism background, and he wasn’t in the least surprised by this. Indeed, he said unpredictability was inherent in business stories (probably because of the posturing involved in deal-making).

The club could have managed the process better and reassured fans by being more transparent, but obviously Duchatelet regards fans as a necessary evil and places no value on managing their expectations, which is one reason why his whole tenure has been so turbulent. It is a foolish position and creates a vacuum others are bound to fill.

As to whether we would have been better off knowing nothing, I personally cannot see it. It would only have added to the sense of despair that has surrounded the club, but of course it’s easy for some people with nothing useful to contribute to sneer. Perhaps that’s just who they are? It doesn’t change the fact that the narrative created by fans from information available has been correct and vastly more so than the official one.

All very interesting but is the Takeover going to happen in the next couple of week ?

Refer you to my tweet two weeks ago today, before @jamesseed had his meeting, that the Aussies expected to complete the deal in two to three weeks maximum. That was very much their expectation. It only came from them, but everything involving them since has been consistent with that. The relevant papers are with the league. Duchatelet appears willing to sell to them. Maybe they will get the go-ahead next week and Muir will return to announce it the following week? I would become concerned if it ran on longer than that.
    Thanks for the straightforward answer. Let us hope it FINALLY comes to an end.

It seems to me as the end is nigh
  • CH4RLTON said:

dickplumb said:

dickplumb said:

Thanks for the straightforward answer. Let us hope it FINALLY comes to an end.

It seems to me as the end is nigh
    The END Is NIGH - I forgot to pick the Wife up this morning.
  • sammy391 said:

With Aiken and Murphy involved is there any link to the Everton owners perhaps?

Well bexley box over on ITTV (who has been more or less bang on the money , he sends messages privately) says there is someone involved who is at least related to the family owning Everton - but he can only have a small % of cafc because of this
    can we have Lookman back on loan then ;)
  • sammy391 said:

With Aiken and Murphy involved is there any link to the Everton owners perhaps?

Well bexley box over on ITTV (who has been more or less bang on the money , he sends messages privately) says there is someone involved who is at least related to the family owning Everton - but he can only have a small % of cafc because of this
    I'm sure Aiken and Murphy were involved in the Everton takeover.
  • Airman you need to get digging I've just been informed that Alisher Usmanov at arsenal is involved and the something to do with the Everton owners don't know how true but please find out and you jamesseed
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    FAVADDICK said:

Airman you need to get digging I've just been informed that Alisher Usmanov at arsenal is involved and the something to do with the Everton owners don't know how true but please find out and you jamesseed

I floated that idea on here last week. Not sure if you're on a wind-up though.
  • FAVADDICK said:

Airman you need to get digging I've just been informed that Alisher Usmanov at arsenal is involved and the something to do with the Everton owners don't know how true but please find out and you jamesseed

i floated that idea on here last week. Not sure if you're on a wind-up though.
    It's something I've just been told I'm hoping it's true
  • edited May 2018
    FAVADDICK said:

FAVADDICK said:

Well, Moshiri, the Everton majority shareholder was an Arsenal shareholder previously. It's never been really cleared up whether Usmanov is more involved with Everton than he lets on - which would be against ownership rules as Usmanov has a 30% stake in Arsenal.

One of Usmanov’s companies, USM. also has a five-year naming rights deal with Everton’s Finch Farm training ground.

It wouldn't surprise me if Usmanov did want out at Arsenal as he doesn't get on with Kroenke. He'd have to own a very minor stake in Charlton though as he is still involved with Arsenal. Unless he gets a former employee or associate to run the club for him...as Moshiri at Everton is alleged to have been doing. Pretty sure Murphy and Aiken were involved in the Everton takeover initially as well.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/01/06/arsenal-shareholder-alisher-usmanov-strikes-75m-deal-sponsor/

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/who-everton-training-ground-sponsors-12413248
  • FAVADDICK said:

FAVADDICK said:

Why would you want it to be true ?

he isn't selling up at arsenal is he ?

what is there to gain if he was somehow involved ?
  • The Russians are coming !!!! " into the Valley if death rode the 500"
  • FAVADDICK said:

FAVADDICK said:

Well, Moshiri, the Everton majority shareholder was an Arsenal shareholder previously. It's never been really cleared up whether Usmanov is more involved with Everton than he lets on - which would be against ownership rules as Usmanov has a 30% stake in Arsenal.

It wouldn't surprise me if Usmanov did want out at Arsenal as he doesn't get on with Kroenke. He'd have to own a very minor stake in Charlton though as he is still involved with Arsenal. Unless he gets a former employee or associate to run the club for him...as Moshiri at Everton is alleged to have been doing. Pretty sure Murphy and Aiken were involved in the Everton takeover initially as well.
    It's all linking it self together apparently they were added to the EFL paperwork after it was sent and this is what we are waiting for
  • FAVADDICK said:

FAVADDICK said:

FAVADDICK said:

It's all linking it self together apparently they were added to the EFL paperwork after it was sent and this is what we are waiting for
    Serious question @FAVADDICK is your source Colin/Bexley Boy?
  • FAVADDICK said:

It is is that a bad thing to me he has been right with the things he's been saying all along

He really hasn't but never mind.
  • Regardless of Bexley Boy, I think there may be more to this one. Not sure how it could happen but it hasn't stopped Usmanov's involvement with Everton.

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/sections-10--11---association-and-dual-interests-and-additional-provisions/
  • Sponsored links:

• FAVADDICK said:

It is is that a bad thing to me he has been right with the things he's been saying all along

He really hasn't but never mind.
    Bexley has been private messaging some of us over on ITTV, a considerable amount of what he has said has gone on to be written/backed up by what either @Airman Brown or @JamesSeed have said
  • Has Keith Harris ever been involved with the Aussie bid?
  • I hear that a special commemorative Pot Noodle will go on sale at Charlton Sainsburys once the deal goes through. Shrimp flavour.
  • Abramovich might be available soon.

He moving us to Israel?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44315033

You could be onto something there, shall we add him to the paperwork lodged at the EFL as well?
  • Abramovich would not pass the fit and proper test.
  • What on Earth is going on ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!