Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Greenie said:

JamesSeed said:

dickplumb said:

JamesSeed said:

Howells said:

JamesSeed said:

bobmunro said:

micks1950 said:

The link below is to the tweets from Richard Cawley on May 21st that Sunderland's sale had just been approved by the EFL and Muir's consortium was next in line. He also confirmed that there is "Only one panel that sits on 'fit and proper' test":

That was only 6 working days ago (plus as we know, due to the 'spivs' opaque ownership structure and Duchatelet's failure to do 'due diligence', consideration of Charlton's takeover might be more complicated).

So shouldn't we all relax a bit?
    Surely the EFL wouldn't be interested in the convoluted structure - that's an issue for the buyer. It should merely be whether or not the prospective 'person(s) with significant control' are fit and proper.

Especially, as far as we know, the ownership is no longer convoluted.

@micks1950 makes an excellent point. Six working days only.

Meanwhile Muir has gone to Oz for two weeks so pencil in week commencing 11 June for his return and the official news on the official site. I hope the story is written by @Ollywozere
    Ffs. I go on holiday on the 12th and the missus will get the right hump f I spend the whole time on Charlton life reading about the takeover.
    What takeover? Have I missed something?!
    Wish people would stop going on about it and get back to fish puns.
    This is not the time or plaice for it.
    I got abuse on Not606 because they thought I couldn't spell 'place', when I used that one. lol.

They copied and pasted all my aussie stuff onto their site (are they allowed to do that?), and gave me a torrent of abuse, for reasons I don't fully understand. Someone there thinks I made it all up as clickbait. Bloody good idea for the next occasion. Must get some ads on my blog!
    Poor you. A torrent of abuse? Slightly overstated. I think the reason is that some people find you pompous, self important, condescending and basically Up your own arse. Sorry for that TORRENT of abuse, just my observation. You are trying really hard to sit at the top table of the CL Royalty aren't you?
    Why didn't you stay on NOT606 and argue your point? What were you doing on there anyway? If you have a problem with posters on NOT606 have it out with them, rather than flouncing back on here and moaning about it.
    Rant over.

You don't get it do you. I find it actually quite funny, and a bit sad. I was shocked at first because your mate Nick Gary (banned from here, and even ITTV) clearly has a screw loose, and needs help. But each to their own if you enjoy that sort of thing.
    I did argue my point. I heard about the '60 year old lifelong Millwall fan thing' and explained how I was a fan between the ages of 7 and 10, but old loony tunes wasn't interested. Never let the facts spoil a good story eh. He's a keyboard warrior who even claimed to have spoken to me, when he hasn't.
    And I'm guessing you were the one who didn't get the fish pun?

I hope I'm not 'pompous, self important, condescending and basically Up my own arse.' If I am I'm truly sorry. Nobody's perfect.
    Well I like you.
    Get a room
  • edited May 2018
    Bailing twine -----proper posh
  • People's Front of Judea Stinks
  • But takeover news..........
  • Really need a manager and a structure ASAP. The longer this drags on the crapper the season will be imo.
    For those ITK, is it likely that the Aussies already have their man lined up so the takeover announcement should also include (or be very closely followed by) a new manager being installed?
  • iainment said:

But takeover news..........

What takeover?
  • Valley11 said:

Really need a manager and a structure ASAP. The longer this drags on the crapper the season will be imo.
    For those ITK, is it likely that the Aussies already have their man lined up so the takeover announcement should also include (or be very closely followed by) a new manager being installed?

I doubt that they would have waited this long, spent all the money on dd and not have a plan for the playing side for next season. Pretty poor if they haven’t got a plan
  • I dont trust RD as much as I don’t rust Richard Murray it does strike me as confusing though that a few months ago there was demands of one liar to talk and now another one is talking there is a ground swell not to hear

Right now I think it’s fair to say all parties are not being totally truthful with what is being said and to whom

And @Davidsmith has said about this having a bit longer to play out is going to be bang on the money

so you don't trust RD and he's not being truthful yet you have been using him as your source for months, without revealing so, and in doing so have been posting stuff as if it's fact which you are now saying it hasn't been. I don't think anyone is listening now.

I dont trust RD as much as I don’t rust Richard Murray it does strike me as confusing though that a few months ago there was demands of one liar to talk and now another one is talking there is a ground swell not to hear

Right now I think it’s fair to say all parties are not being totally truthful with what is being said and to whom

And @Davidsmith has said about this having a bit longer to play out is going to be bang on the money

so you don't trust RD and he's not being truthful yet you have been using him as your source for months, without revealing so, and in doing so have been posting stuff as if it's fact which you are now saying it hasn't been. I don't think anyone is listening now.

Thing is large what have I posted that’s been incorrect

Look back through everything I put was proven to be true

Imminent I said it wasn’t and was right
    Done deal I disagreed And was right
    Fee agreed I said it wasn’t up until you asked 10 days ago
    Aussie not having the funds and James Seed contact said it was still waiting investors to sign off

Not trusting RD is based on his in ability to run the club properly

Not trusting RM is based on the lies he has told to so many over so long

Now if the people who have been telling me bits and pieces had got any of the above wrong I wouldn’t have been quick to share however right now tell me what bits above have been proved wrong contrary to the popular believe that I was wrong each time I posted it
    As I’m sure we all think, passing on of info is very welcome.

However it’s very easy to keep saying something isn’t happening until it happens

• Sponsored links:

• Is there actually anyone really in the know?

Well Roly should, but as the chat with ROT proves his grasp of reality is a bit loose.
  • Is there actually anyone really aware of what is happening? From where I'm sitting, most of what is being posted of late is simply guesswork.

Are you sure or are you guessing too?
  • jams said:

I dont trust RD as much as I don’t rust Richard Murray it does strike me as confusing though that a few months ago there was demands of one liar to talk and now another one is talking there is a ground swell not to hear

Thing is large what have I posted that’s been incorrect

Look back through everything I put was proven to be true

Imminent I said it wasn’t and was right
    Done deal I disagreed And was right
    Fee agreed I said it wasn’t up until you asked 10 days ago
    Aussie not having the funds and James Seed contact said it was still waiting investors to sign off

Not trusting RD is based on his in ability to run the club properly

Not trusting RM is based on the lies he has told to so many over so long

Now if the people who have been telling me bits and pieces had got any of the above wrong I wouldn’t have been quick to share however right now tell me what bits above have been proved wrong contrary to the popular believe that I was wrong each time I posted it
    As I’m sure we all think, passing on of info is very welcome.

However it’s very easy to keep saying something isn’t happening until it happens

Even when it flies in the face of such certainty like done deal or imminent

I reckon it left me out there for a total red face
  • edited May 2018

Is there actually anyone really aware of what is happening?

I'd imagine several people have posted crumbs of bonafide fact, but I doubt any one of them knows the entirety of the sale process as has often been proved.
    I said a couple of years ago that we would have to exercise patience in our desire to be rid of RD, and the same is true now in a wish for new owners. I understand that some people are desperate for information, but ultimately all the conjecture, gossip and what the Australians' plans are is immaterial until the sale is announced by the club and the new owners demonstrate their intent.
    Unless the whole sale collapses like a house of dog-eared cards, all that is needed now is patience...
  • What I have found most strange is the secrecy. The fact that Muir came out with a scarf on and spoke to fans suggested to me that this is probably down to Duchatelet. When I say I think he is mad on here, it is not an exageration intended to insult him, but an honestly held belief with the information in front of us!
  • Redskin said:

I'd imagine several people have posted crumbs of bonafide fact, but I doubt any one of them knows the entirety of the sale process as has often been proved.
    I said a couple of years ago that we would have to exercise patience in our desire to be rid of RD, and the same is true now in a wish for new owners. I understand that some people are desperate for information, but ultimately all the conjecture, gossip and what the Australians' plans are is immaterial until the sale is announced by the club and the new owners demonstrate their intent.
    Unless the whole sale collapses like a house of dog-eared cards, all that is needed now is patience...
    Why worry about knowing the entirety of the sales process? It's been so convoluted even the main players must have had their brains scrambled.
  • JamesSeed said:

Redskin said:

Why worry about knowing the entirety of the sales process? It's been so convoluted even the main players must have had their brains scrambled.
    I'm not remotely worried about it; I was simply answering Isawsummersplay's question.

• edited May 2018
    I know absolutely nothing about The Takeover which puts me in a prime position to speculate on all things Takeover and spew forth.

This is how I see things with everything I don’t know

That’s it hope that helps.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    I had some information once - before Duchatalet and the grief I got for sharing it meant that I was never going to share anything like that again. Not from most, but one or two complete planks! I don't have any information on the current takeover btw! I am grateful for every bit of information provided by everybody who provides it and I think you are 100% correct -those that criticise - it is who they are? Might be best to leave it at that rather than describe them more eloquently.
  • A great deal of good information has emerged from a wide variety of sources over the last 15 months - prior to the end of December the club denied anything was going on and the media (with the exception of the Mail online in April 2017) took their lead from that.

Even after December, information from the club has proven to be seriously misleading (Murray’s February prediction and, according to NLA, his assertion that the price and terms had then been agreed).

The weakness of all information, including Murray’s and even Duchatelet’s, is that it has been based at best on a partial understanding of the various actors and failed, understandably, to predict changes of position. Some participants in the process - never mind people releasing information - have been proven naive.

I spoke to a friend with a business journalism background, and he wasn’t in the least surprised by this. Indeed, he said unpredictability was inherent in business stories (probably because of the posturing involved in deal-making).

The club could have managed the process better and reassured fans by being more transparent, but obviously Duchatelet regards fans as a necessary evil and places no value on managing their expectations, which is one reason why his whole tenure has been so turbulent. It is a foolish position and creates a vacuum others are bound to fill.

As to whether we would have been better off knowing nothing, I personally cannot see it. It would only have added to the sense of despair that has surrounded the club, but of course it’s easy for some people with nothing useful to contribute to sneer. Perhaps that’s just who they are? It doesn’t change the fact that the narrative created by fans from information available has been correct and vastly more so than the official one.

All very interesting but is the Takeover going to happen in the next couple of week ?

• Do we want this sort of behaviour at the Valley?
    And I ran
    I ran so far away
    I just ran
    I ran all night and day
    I couldn't get away

Oh that's lovely! I hope the bird fully recovered

We're playing the seagulls in July...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!