Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• dickplumb said:

JamesSeed said:

Howells said:

JamesSeed said:

bobmunro said:

micks1950 said:

The link below is to the tweets from Richard Cawley on May 21st that Sunderland's sale had just been approved by the EFL and Muir's consortium was next in line. He also confirmed that there is "Only one panel that sits on 'fit and proper' test":

That was only 6 working days ago (plus as we know, due to the 'spivs' opaque ownership structure and Duchatelet's failure to do 'due diligence', consideration of Charlton's takeover might be more complicated).

So shouldn't we all relax a bit?
    Surely the EFL wouldn't be interested in the convoluted structure - that's an issue for the buyer. It should merely be whether or not the prospective 'person(s) with significant control' are fit and proper.

Especially, as far as we know, the ownership is no longer convoluted.

@micks1950 makes an excellent point. Six working days only.

Meanwhile Muir has gone to Oz for two weeks so pencil in week commencing 11 June for his return and the official news on the official site. I hope the story is written by @Ollywozere
    Ffs. I go on holiday on the 12th and the missus will get the right hump f I spend the whole time on Charlton life reading about the takeover.
    What takeover? Have I missed something?!
    Wish people would stop going on about it and get back to fish puns.
    This is not the time or plaice for it.
    I got abuse on Not606 because they thought I couldn't spell 'place', when I used that one. lol.

They copied and pasted all my aussie stuff onto their site (are they allowed to do that?), and gave me a torrent of abuse, for reasons I don't fully understand. Someone there thinks I made it all up as clickbait. Bloody good idea for the next occasion. Must get some ads on my blog!
    Poor you. A torrent of abuse? Slightly overstated. I think the reason is that some people find you pompous, self important, condescending and basically Up your own arse. Sorry for that TORRENT of abuse, just my observation. You are trying really hard to sit at the top table of the CL Royalty aren't you?
    Why didn't you stay on NOT606 and argue your point? What were you doing on there anyway? If you have a problem with posters on NOT606 have it out with them, rather than flouncing back on here and moaning about it.
    Rant over.

Is this guy for real?

... If so how do I become Charlton Life royalty?
    Maybe getting hitched to @cabbles in a civil partnership would do it? Then get your moniker changed to @cabbleties?
  • I long for the days when all you needed was a gansey to get in the CL Clique.

What do you need to don to get into CL Royalty I wonder?????
  • Like I said, this is not going to be a productive transfer window.

What is a "gansey"?

Short trousers I’ve heard :smile:
  • JamesSeed said:

Howells said:

JamesSeed said:

bobmunro said:

micks1950 said:

The link below is to the tweets from Richard Cawley on May 21st that Sunderland's sale had just been approved by the EFL and Muir's consortium was next in line. He also confirmed that there is "Only one panel that sits on 'fit and proper' test":

That was only 6 working days ago (plus as we know, due to the 'spivs' opaque ownership structure and Duchatelet's failure to do 'due diligence', consideration of Charlton's takeover might be more complicated).

Surely the EFL wouldn't be interested in the convoluted structure - that's an issue for the buyer. It should merely be whether or not the prospective 'person(s) with significant control' are fit and proper.

Meanwhile Muir has gone to Oz for two weeks so pencil in week commencing 11 June for his return and the official news on the official site. I hope the story is written by @Ollywozere
    Ffs. I go on holiday on the 12th and the missus will get the right hump f I spend the whole time on Charlton life reading about the takeover.
    I got abuse on Not606 because they thought I couldn't spell 'place', when I used that one. lol.

They copied and pasted all my aussie stuff onto their site (are they allowed to do that?), and gave me a torrent of abuse, for reasons I don't fully understand. Someone there thinks I made it all up as clickbait. Bloody good idea for the next occasion. Must get some ads on my blog!
    There are a lot of undesirables that post on that site....@ElfsborgAddick for one - I rest my case.
    Bang out of order there Dicky.
  • micks1950 said:

Indeed. Patience is a virtue.

WIOTOS
    Henry - if patience is a virtue I reckon we must all be saints by now!

What is a "gansey"?
    It's what us elderly Celtic types call a cardigan.

What is a "gansey"?
    Well you learn something new every day on here!
  • Sponsored links:

What is a "gansey"?
    Well you learn something new every day on here!
    Every days a school day ;-)

What is a "gansey"?
    A fisherman’s jumper
  • James Seed
    Would you please post the link for donations again. Thanks .

Thanks, that's very kind.

What is a "gansey"?
    A fisherman’s jumper
    Technically yes.
    But in our house, anything woollen, handmade & itchy as feck was described as such.
    Killersbeard had a fine selection :-D
  • Greenie said:

JamesSeed said:

dickplumb said:

JamesSeed said:

Howells said:

JamesSeed said:

bobmunro said:

micks1950 said:

Poor you. A torrent of abuse? Slightly overstated. I think the reason is that some people find you pompous, self important, condescending and basically Up your own arse. Sorry for that TORRENT of abuse, just my observation. You are trying really hard to sit at the top table of the CL Royalty aren't you?
    Why didn't you stay on NOT606 and argue your point? What were you doing on there anyway? If you have a problem with posters on NOT606 have it out with them, rather than flouncing back on here and moaning about it.
    Rant over.

You don't get it do you. I find it actually quite funny, and a bit sad. I was shocked at first because your mate Nick Gary (banned from here, and even ITTV) clearly has a screw loose, and needs help. But each to their own if you enjoy that sort of thing.
    I did argue my point. I heard about the '60 year old lifelong Millwall fan thing' and explained how I was a fan between the ages of 7 and 10, but old loony tunes wasn't interested. Never let the facts spoil a good story eh. He's a keyboard warrior who even claimed to have spoken to me, when he hasn't.
    And I'm guessing you were the one who didn't get the fish pun?

I hope I'm not 'pompous, self important, condescending and basically Up my own arse.' If I am I'm truly sorry. Nobody's perfect.
    Well I like you.
    So do I....a lot
    Let's hope Dick doesn't live near Balham.
  • What is not606
  • What is not606

You don't want to know.
  • edited May 2018
    Talking of cardigans, still waiting for my Clique badge @Henry Irving have a word with that AFKA fella for me ta :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• micks1950 said:

Indeed. Patience is a virtue.

WIOTOS
    Henry - if patience is a virtue I reckon we must all be saints by now!
    Bless you, brother @robinofottershaw

What is a "gansey"?
    Not even similar. No buttons.
  • What is not606

607, 608, 609...
    That's what I like to see Dave a forward thinking man, none of this 605, 604, 603 diminishing crap :wink: .
  • No idea what is said elsewhere, but please no more posts about other sites. Biting on the bait that trolls and wind-ups dangle is giving them exactly what they want and the quickest way to generate interest.

And engaging in inter-site rivalry is probably one of the most pathetic things I think you can get with these sort of communities. No idea in this instance whether Dick is being a plum or Plum is being a dick, but don’t bring it here please.

Agreed, we should stick to the fish puns lol
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!