Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• All this talk of travel and staged photos is so dated.

He could simply link up live to do any interviews or to make the announcement. He could even have a lovely picture of the Valley behind him and be wearing his new scarf. Catch up chaps.

PS. How do you load a boarding pass onto your phone if it has been emailed to you?
  • Today...

Is Wednesday
  • I will be back in the UK on 13th June and will be very upset if, after all this buggering about, they conclude everything while both Mr Muir and I are both out of the country. Have a meeting with a solictor in Gravesend on 13th at 3pm so could be at the Valley for the formal announcement and VIP champagne reception about 5pm, if that helps with the event planning at all.

(Not that keen on vol-au-vents, by the way).

As if there’d be any vol-au-vents! Someone would have hoovered them up long before you get the chance
  • Tony Jiminez was technically the owner of CAFC when they took over, but it was slater who was doing the photos and the tv interviews on the day they took over, iirc.
  • Addickted said:

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

I thought it was said on here that it was at EFL weeks a go

I would of presumed it was true back then and awaiting ratification once all the ticks were in the boxes our end

It may well have been the EFL that wanted the proof and it was them waiting who knows

Might be wrong but don’t think it was confirmed it was with EFL no more than ten days ago and that it would only be completed once the Sunderland takeover had gone through, believe that went through last week so they’ve only spent a few days looking at our takeover so far
    The ‘EFL can only look at one takeover at a time’ theory is absolute nonsense !
    We’ve established from credible sources that their is only one panel who can look at each case at a time
    One panel who look at making the final decision.

Plenty of people running around in the background carrying out DD, financial and legal checks on not only proposed new owners, but current and existing owners.

@Henry Irving no news from my EFL contact and he's off to sunnier climes with his family this week.
    He's going to Australia to complete the checks? There's dedication for you. Thanks for the inside info @Addickted
    More like he's gone walkabout & he is propping up the bar.
  • Tony Jiminez was technically the owner of CAFC when they took over, but it was slater who was doing the photos and the tv interviews on the day they took over, iirc.

Don't think Jiminez actually owned that much of the club either. Didn't the recent court case struggle to show that?

Don't think Jiminez actually owned that much of the club either. Didn't the recent court case struggle to show that?
    The court ruled that neither Jiminez nor Cash owned the club, although they had obtained a loan by (falsely) saying they controlled it. It also found that Slater did have substantial shareholding, although few people believe that to be the full truth and Jiminez referred to Slater in an an email as being “a method actor” playing a part. In reality it appears they had set out to obscure the ownership through BVI trusts and then couldn’t satisfy the judge that they had ownership when it suited them to do so.

The court ruling effectively meant the club broke league rules by publishing bogus and/or incomplete ownership information in its official declaration, in turn making nonsense of the fit and proper persons test.
    .....and hence the protracted sale of the Club.
  • Wouldn't it be funny if the sale of the club to the aussies hit a snag because Roland didn't buy it properly from the spivs, and the EFL has just found out that they didn't check things out fully previously?!? No, maybe not...
  • Sponsored links:

The court ruled that neither Jiminez nor Cash owned the club, although they had obtained a loan by (falsely) saying they controlled it. It also found that Slater did have substantial shareholding, although few people believe that to be the full truth and Jiminez referred to Slater in an an email as being “a method actor” playing a part. In reality it appears they had set out to obscure the ownership through BVI trusts and then couldn’t satisfy the judge that they had ownership when it suited them to do so.

The court ruling effectively meant the club broke league rules by publishing bogus and/or incomplete ownership information in its official declaration, in turn making nonsense of the fit and proper persons test.
    Has the EFL ever explained how that lot were deemed 'fit and proper?'
    As it was a 'distressed' sale at the time - they were probably under pressure to let it through otherwise they (the EFL) would be seen to let another club go into administration...
  • JamesSeed said:

I'm now seriously concerned that, contrary to what I previously said, the Aussies may not have the funds to buy the club.

Received a message wishing me luck for Friday's ProstateCancerUK ride to Amsterdam, but no sponsorship. Not a penny :-(

look on the bright side, he was going to sponsor you to the tune of 1m but spent it on solicitors and doing due diligence ...

• JamesSeed said:

I'm now seriously concerned that, contrary to what I previously said, the Aussies may not have the funds to buy the club.

Received a message wishing me luck for Friday's ProstateCancerUK ride to Amsterdam, but no sponsorship. Not a penny :-(

Be thankful then, it could well of been Roland - (after his successful renewal of the pitch undersoil heating, with no heater) he might of brought you a bike (with interest attached per mile) and no wheels on it!

The post Curbs era will make a pretty interesting book for anyone with the inside knowledge to write it.

Anybody got any ideas who might be capable ?

The post Curbs era will make a pretty interesting book for anyone with the inside knowledge to write it.

Anybody got any ideas who might be capable ?

El Presidente, an autobiography, by Richard Murray out, August 2018.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018

EFL approval is the last piece in the jigsaw though isn't it? You can't apply until everything else is done surely?

I make you right there large hence my doubt as to anything being lodged.

• EFL approval is the last piece in the jigsaw though isn't it? You can't apply until everything else is done surely?

I make you right there large hence my doubt as to anything being lodged.

We know it has.
  • JamesSeed said:

This EFL approval is also strange, put yourself in Roland's position, wouldn't you want that done when proof of funds was done,so as to not waste time and Lawyers fees only to find out your buyer didn't get approval?
    This is going to drag on for a while longer yet is my guess.
    Thanks @Davidsmith.

Are you saying there you’ve heard that one of the parties is having difficulty attaining EFL approval?

Cheers
  • I dont trust RD as much as I don’t rust Richard Murray it does strike me as confusing though that a few months ago there was demands of one liar to talk and now another one is talking there is a ground swell not to hear

Right now I think it’s fair to say all parties are not being totally truthful with what is being said and to whom

And @Davidsmith has said about this having a bit longer to play out is going to be bang on the money
  • I wonder if the EFL might have a view about the club sending it fit and proper person paperwork to process without the intention to proceed?
  • I wonder if the EFL might have a view about the club sending it fit and proper person paperwork to process without the intention to proceed?

Have you heard something?

In terms of RD pulling out at the last minute or the fact that Muir is out of the country for the next week or 2?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!