Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Duchâtelet is a fucking weirdo
  • So what’s happened to a Paul Elliott in all of this ?

He’s about and will be on the board, probably as a non-exec director.
  • I can’t see why Muir being in or out of the country makes an iota of difference. He/they can still issue a press release and hold a conference at a later date. I can’t imagine for one moment that if the EPL ratified it tomorrow they would sit on it until he’s back in the country.
  • I can’t see why Muir being in or out of the country makes an iota of difference. He/they can still issue a press release and hold a conference at a later date. I can’t imagine for one moment that if the EPL ratified it tomorrow they would sit on it until he’s back in the country.

not often I agree with big bro...but he has it spot on.

I expect Muir had already had his pic done holding scarfy.......strewth, he even bought a new one when he was here just in case.
  • So what’s happened to a Paul Elliott in all of this ?

He’s about and will be on the board, probably as a non-exec director.
    Presumably that would kick Murray into touch.

He's only gone home to change.

He's only gone home to change.
    I think there might be a desire to keep everything under wraps until a press conference is held. It doesn't mean wheels aren't turning in the background.
    I hope the news doesn't leak out actually.

not often I agree with big bro...but he has it spot on.

I expect Muir had already had his pic done holding scarfy.......strewth, he even bought a new one when he was here just in case.
    Love the introduction of the word “strewth” here, my mind even read it with an Australian accent!
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

I thought it was said on here that it was at EFL weeks a go

I would of presumed it was true back then and awaiting ratification once all the ticks were in the boxes our end

It may well have been the EFL that wanted the proof and it was them waiting who knows

Might be wrong but don’t think it was confirmed it was with EFL no more than ten days ago and that it would only be completed once the Sunderland takeover had gone through, believe that went through last week so they’ve only spent a few days looking at our takeover so far
    The ‘EFL can only look at one takeover at a time’ theory is absolute nonsense !
  • Wouldnt be a good start to get rid of a fan favourite but based on whats been said about the prospective new owners, it sounds like they want the fans onboard from the off so cant see that happening.

Hopefully Jacko ends up fulfilling his dream at some point though!
  • DOUCHER said:

I'm not defending rd in any way but lets not kid ourselves that it is easy to become a billionaire and an idiot certainly cannot.If any one of us could become a billionaire then we would b able to buy the club and run it in the best way possible and wouldn't b waiting on snippets of information from others or hoping that those who are able to control their destiny and that of the things they own, will do the best for our club. Money aint important until a lack of it stops you from getting what you want.

But everybody can go mad. We clearly haven't had the best of him. And that's an understatement.
  • I have often wondered, since our days with Jimenez and Slater, whether perhaps we might of been better off going into administration, instead of being brought by Roland, Hind sight is a wonderful thing, and going into administration is a dangerous thing, but where we are now under Roland, would Adminisration have hurt us more?, after all we have ended up in league 1 anyway - what do others think???
  • Mal said:

I have often wondered, since our days with Jimenez and Slater, whether perhaps we might of been better off going into administration, instead of being brought by Roland, Hind sight is a wonderful thing, and going into administration is a dangerous thing, but where we are now under Roland, would Adminisration have hurt us more?, after all we have ended up in league 1 anyway - what do others think???

There is certainly an argument to be had there. It's all unknown but there is the possibility that admin could have united the fans the players SCP and the club. We could have all fought together for the good of the club. Would that be preferable to the current divisions and in fighting. Relegation/ a points deduction - well we were relegated anyway. Admin would have allowed us to have started again after writing off debt - a fresh start in league 1 with no debt certainly appears, on the face of it at least, better than trying to find someone to cough up 40m to buy the club probably loaded with debt and then invest to get us out. Make no mistake though. Admin would have been painful.
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

I would of presumed it was true back then and awaiting ratification once all the ticks were in the boxes our end

It may well have been the EFL that wanted the proof and it was them waiting who knows

Might be wrong but don’t think it was confirmed it was with EFL no more than ten days ago and that it would only be completed once the Sunderland takeover had gone through, believe that went through last week so they’ve only spent a few days looking at our takeover so far
    We’ve established from credible sources that their is only one panel who can look at each case at a time
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

We’ve established from credible sources that their is only one panel who can look at each case at a time
    One panel who look at making the final decision.

Plenty of people running around in the background carrying out DD, financial and legal checks on not only proposed new owners, but current and existing owners.

@Henry Irving no news from my EFL contact and he's off to sunnier climes with his family this week.
  • I am still in the camp that there are no papers lodged at the EFL. If this is the case they have nothing to look at.
  • I am still in the camp that there are no papers lodged at the EFL. If this is the case they have nothing to look at.

Wrong camp @eaststandmike they are with the EFL and this is from more than one credible source
  • If you believe the Aussies they're with the EFL and have been for some time. I believe them. Why would they make that up?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!