Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• That's good news, I imagine minor signings might even be possible even without a new manager (e.g. someone like a Fosu, who only cost a nominal fee and wouldn't have been on high wages or a big signings on fee)
  • why wouldn't they be, they are still under contract

If you filled in on a secondment to the role above yours and the management at your place deemed it fit to replace the official holder of that role, thus pushing you back into your original role, you'd generally go back to your normal role.

Lee and Johnny have likely continued until they're given the perm role or the seconded roles are filled permanently.
  • JamesSeed said:

If you believe the Aussies they're with the EFL and have been for some time. I believe them. Why would they make that up?

As I have said all along JS I hope I am wrong and all of you are right as I want RD gone. But if the papers have been with the EFL for "some time" (your words) then I would expect an announcement one way or the other very soon.
  • Dazzler21 said:

why wouldn't they be, they are still under contract

If you filled in on a secondment to the role above yours and the management at your place deemed it fit to replace the official holder of that role, thus pushing you back into your original role, you'd generally go back to your normal role.

Lee and Johnny have likely continued until they're given the perm role or the seconded roles are filled permanently.
    they were 'upgraded' until the end of the season, the season has now ended so surely revert to previous roles

• Lies--mirrors--- RD--- NDAs---twonks

the truth is out there !!! pick one
  • DOUCHER said:

I'm not defending rd in any way but lets not kid ourselves that it is easy to become a billionaire and an idiot certainly cannot.If any one of us could become a billionaire then we would b able to buy the club and run it in the best way possible and wouldn't b waiting on snippets of information from others or hoping that those who are able to control their destiny and that of the things they own, will do the best for our club. Money aint important until a lack of it stops you from getting what you want.

Personally, I believe many billionaires are idiots. The fact that we believe such people are clever and give them so much power causes so many of the world's problems.
    A bit like many politicians, perhaps?

• No more fish puns please, the joke has passed. Ta

Or tartare
  • No more fish puns please, the joke has passed. Ta

Or tartare
    The Gaffer might not see that, I think he's on his hollandaise ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

If you believe the Aussies they're with the EFL and have been for some time. I believe them. Why would they make that up?

As I have said all along JS I hope I am wrong and all of you are right as I want RD gone. But if the papers have been with the EFL for "some time" (your words) then I would expect an announcement one way or the other very soon.
    Which is exactly what people are saying !!!

• JamesSeed said:

I just hope there wasn't an admin error and they were sent to EDL by mistake ?
    If so, the Aussie bid still has a chance whereas redhenrys lot can forget it
  • Dazzler21 said:

why wouldn't they be, they are still under contract

they were 'upgraded' until the end of the season, the season has now ended so surely revert to previous roles

It seems I forgot to add the line where I agreed with you.
  • Although Lee and JJ are still employed by the club, I cannot see much regarding new players happening as Lee is, or was on holiday and JJ is now on holiday.
  • edited May 2018
    JamesSeed said:

So where is the actual quote that states this clearly James ? it might well be hidden between pages of fish jokes but most things I have read have been a bit on the vague side. Fingers and toes crossed that it will all go through fine and soon but a clear statement from the Aussies or from anyone not CL related would make me feel much more positive.
  • Mal said:

I have often wondered, since our days with Jimenez and Slater, whether perhaps we might of been better off going into administration, instead of being brought by Roland, Hind sight is a wonderful thing, and going into administration is a dangerous thing, but where we are now under Roland, would Adminisration have hurt us more?, after all we have ended up in league 1 anyway - what do others think???

It didn't do Southampton or Palace any harm, although it's horrible to see the other smaller business get shafted though.
    There's something wrong where Administration can seem the best option for a football club.

As you say...it's disgraceful how it's the small local businesses that suffer.

I don't know what the right punishment is......but a points deduction is clearly nowhere near penal enough given the examples that you have stated.

You didn't mention Leicester.....possibly the biggest example of Administration punishment being too lenient.
    I forgot about Leicester.
  • Mal said:

I have often wondered, since our days with Jimenez and Slater, whether perhaps we might of been better off going into administration, instead of being brought by Roland, Hind sight is a wonderful thing, and going into administration is a dangerous thing, but where we are now under Roland, would Adminisration have hurt us more?, after all we have ended up in league 1 anyway - what do others think???

It didn't do Southampton or Palace any harm, although it's horrible to see the other smaller business get shafted though.
    There's something wrong where Administration can seem the best option for a football club.

As you say...it's disgraceful how it's the small local businesses that suffer.

I don't know what the right punishment is......but a points deduction is clearly nowhere near penal enough given the examples that you have stated.

You didn't mention Leicester.....possibly the biggest example of Administration punishment being too lenient.
    Wrong the biggest example was Palace twice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Shrew said:

JamesSeed said:

So where is the actual quote that states this clearly James ? it might well be hidden between pages of fish jokes but most things I have read have been a bit on the vague side. Fingers and toes crossed that it will all go through fine and soon but a clear statement from the Aussies or from anyone not CL related would make me feel much more positive.
    He said ‘we’ve done our bit, it’s with the EFL’.

As you say fingers crossed. Hopefully we’ll hear everything when Muir gets back, or something might leak before.

• all this hand wringing and conspiracy theory BS cos it's all gone quiet for a day or 2 - anyone given any thought to maybe the cancerous old scumbag is insisting on levels of confidentiality until everything is signed, sealed, settled and EFL'ed, belts, braces, i's crossed and t's dotted? Not cos there's any real need but just cos he's an egomaniac fucktard with a grudge or seven?
    Plus, knowing his erratic bilious history, if I was the would be buyer, I'd keep my head down until I was dead sure roly's scrawny arse was right out of the picture cos he can't be trusted an inch. He's just as likely to move the goalposts or pull out all together, just cos he can and he's an egomaniac fucktard.
    And I'm not even a resentful former employee pissing vinegar.
    Gerard M or any of your colleagues, if you're reading this - get all the locks changed at the Valley and Sparrows Lane and everywhere cos roly's a grudgeful, egomaniac fucktard worthy of absolutely zero trust.

Great post
  • seth plum said:

JamesSeed said:

Shrew said:

JamesSeed said:

As you say fingers crossed. Hopefully we’ll hear everything when Muir gets back, or something might leak before.

If it's announced before we could then organise a welcoming party at Terminal Five or wherever.
    A bit like this...only bigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Diyy4SYFE
    We can have welcoming party at Charlton station when his train arrives from London Bridge.
  • I will be back in the UK on 13th June and will be very upset if, after all this buggering about, they conclude everything while both Mr Muir and I are both out of the country. Have a meeting with a solictor in Gravesend on 13th at 3pm so could be at the Valley for the formal announcement and VIP champagne reception about 5pm, if that helps with the event planning at all.

(Not that keen on vol-au-vents, by the way).

13th works for me. Done.
  • I will be back in the UK on 13th June and will be very upset if, after all this buggering about, they conclude everything while both Mr Muir and I are both out of the country. Have a meeting with a solictor in Gravesend on 13th at 3pm so could be at the Valley for the formal announcement and VIP champagne reception about 5pm, if that helps with the event planning at all.

(Not that keen on vol-au-vents, by the way).

13th works for me. Done.
    That about confirms it then.
  • seth plum said:

JamesSeed said:

Shrew said:

JamesSeed said:

If it's announced before we could then organise a welcoming party at Terminal Five or wherever.
    A bit like this...only bigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6Diyy4SYFE
    We can have welcoming party at Charlton station when his train arrives from London Bridge.
    With all the recent delays, engineering works, and lightning strikes, we might be hanging around for a bit longer!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!