Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Thanks James.
  • DOUCHER said:

Is Colin not DOUCHER? Always thought they were the same person.

No, different people.

Both contradict themselves and then conviniently forget all the things they got wrong.
    If u could tell us one thing I've got wrong u may regain a grain of credibility - if not just accept that you cannot always be right and move on
    So Is It RedBull ??
  • FWIW, Colin is now saying that the EFL is waiting on documents about the new investors, and it could take 7 to 10 days for everything to be completed.

Don't shoot the messenger!

(Awaits "thanks Colin" comments :tongue: )

A guess that 90% of us could come up with but which he infers he’s been told.
    A guess that if it doesn’t materialise he will, like always, conveniently forget and if it does happen will shamelessly take the credit for ‘being in the know.’
    Over and over and over again.....the same old routine.
    It is not a guess though is it, several well known people on here have stated the documents are 100% with the EFL. So what are we saying are they or are they not?

I am in the "not" camp.
  • JamesSeed said:

James seed what are the Aussies worth then £m?.

Really sorry to hear that @Ollywozere has had to pull out of the ride, was looking forward to chat.
    Someone unleash the set of ‘Its Happening’ GIFs :/)
  • I've heard the new investors are preparing documentation to send on to the EFL. It could take up to a week or so for the deal to be finalised.
  • edited May 2018

FWIW, Colin is now saying that the EFL is waiting on documents about the new investors, and it could take 7 to 10 days for everything to be completed.

A guess that if it doesn’t materialise he will, like always, conveniently forget and if it does happen will shamelessly take the credit for ‘being in the know.’
    It is not a guess though is it, several well known people on here have stated the documents are 100% with the EFL. So what are we saying are they or are they not?

I am in the "not" camp.
    Well you know what I mean mike.
    Just for you, let’s say it’s a ‘reasonable assumption’ instead of a guess....ok now.
  • Scoham said:

I've heard the new investors are preparing documentation to send on to the EFL. It could take up to a week or so for the deal to be finalised.

Just for clarity for me, do you mean new investors within the Muir consortium or a new bidder.Thanks
  • Scoham said:

I've heard the new investors are preparing documentation to send on to the EFL. It could take up to a week or so for the deal to be finalised.

Who are the new investors
  • Scoham said:

PeterGage said:

Scoham said:

Just for clarity for me, do you mean new investors within the Muir consortium or a new bidder.Thanks
    J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

No idea. I was just showing how easy it is to pretend to be in the know by re-wording something I read a few posts up.
    Yeah, I read that too. So, who are the new investors?
  • Sponsored links:

• FWIW, Colin is now saying that the EFL is waiting on documents about the new investors, and it could take 7 to 10 days for everything to be completed.

On.

I am in the "not" camp.
    I don’t know anything about how the EFL’s fit and proper person test works in practice. All I was told (on 18th May) was that the documentation was with the EFL, and they were expecting that process to conclude the week after. I’m 100% sure that was true.
    It’s possible the EFL have asked for more documentation though.
    WIOTJSB
  • Scoham said:

PeterGage said:

Scoham said:

J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

No idea. I was just showing how easy it is to pretend to be in the know by re-wording something I read a few posts up.
    enough WUM’s on here without someone normally sensible like you adding to them.

• Scoham said:

PeterGage said:

Scoham said:

J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

I think he was demonstrating how Colin operates not being a WUM
  • JohnnyH2 said:

DOUCHER said:

No, different people.

Both contradict themselves and then conviniently forget all the things they got wrong.
    If u could tell us one thing I've got wrong u may regain a grain of credibility - if not just accept that you cannot always be right and move on
    I've never claimed to always be right, that was you. All I've ever said is WIOTOS.

Neither do I need, unlike you, to gain or retain credability. It's just an internet forum, it doesn't matter and I don't need the vindication.

But since you asked on 22 December and for months before you denied there was any takeover talks and that no due diligence had taken place or was happening.

On 29 December, four working days later, the club announced that the club was in the process of being sold. You weren't mentioning your sold in two years mantra then either.

You then asked how long due diligence took as if it had been done over Xmas by two different parties.

Anyway, I'm sure 98% of lifers just want the takeover to happen asap and care very little about petty squabbles or point scoring.

Over and out.
    Does the WIOTOS still count. Last week they said Regan Cook had signed a new contract. This week he leaves for Gillingham having never signed one. The club secretary (via his wife on Facebook) says no contract was ever signed so the official site is no good either.
    That's a fair point. The only mentions of the takeover on the official site are news stories posted in the media section. As far as I can tell these stories are based on rumour and conjecture from the Charlton Life takeover thread. Might as well say 'when it's on Charlton life'.

I think that the club saying nothing about the takeover, but still posting press stories, demonstrates perfectly the contempt for fans we've come to expect under Duchatalet. They can't be bothered - no refuse because it must be a matter of policy - to tell us about the future of our club, but by all means read some rumours.
  • DOUCHER said:

No, different people.

I've never claimed to always be right, that was you. All I've ever said is WIOTOS.

Neither do I need, unlike you, to gain or retain credability. It's just an internet forum, it doesn't matter and I don't need the vindication.

But since you asked on 22 December and for months before you denied there was any takeover talks and that no due diligence had taken place or was happening.

On 29 December, four working days later, the club announced that the club was in the process of being sold. You weren't mentioning your sold in two years mantra then either.

You then asked how long due diligence took as if it had been done over Xmas by two different parties.

Anyway, I'm sure 98% of lifers just want the takeover to happen asap and care very little about petty squabbles or point scoring.

Over and out.
    rubbish - i said to airmen in october 'if it was happening, it ain't now' so how that equates to no takeover talks is beyond me - and how you've invented me asking how long dd takes i don't know - no proper dd undertaken then - drop your obsession, its doing you no favours and don't try and kid anybody u aren't into petty squables and point scoring - that's what you do but in my case you've lost badly so suck it up and move on
  • Scoham said:

PeterGage said:

Scoham said:

J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:

Kin ell I’m skim reading and knew Scoham was taking the piss out of the general fucktardness of people regarding takeover waffle
  • Stig said:

I think it’s become increasingly clear in the last few months that myself @AFKABartram , @nth london addick , @DOUCHER @i_b_b_o_r_g and Colin are the five bright young individuals forming the ‘New Order’ when it comes to being In The Know on the Charlton scene. I don’t think collectively through our network of contacts home and abroad we’ve called a single thing wrong in this saga yet.

Already we’ve been working behind the scenes with RTM and I’m proud to say ‘Charlton Thrive with the Famous Five’ will be hitting the Sunday night airwaves come August, and two of us have secured regular columns in The Mercury and the Bexley Leader for the 18/19 season.

Hoping there are many more privileges to come. Times up old boys.

Well done young master Julian. I shouldn't be surprised if you kids end up running the club one day.

Sounds a good guesstimate for our away followings
    Is the guy second in the line saying:

‘Stop doing that to me you red haired dog...no, no, no, carry on I like it’
  • Sponsored links:

• Haven't been on for a day, I presume the 300ish comments aren't interesting
  • Haven't been on for a day, I presume the 300ish comments aren't interesting

You presume right.
  • JamesSeed said:

alangee said:

FAVADDICK said:

It is is that a bad thing to me he has been right with the things he's been saying all along

He really hasn't but never mind.
    Pretty sure Colin and NLA have got more right than anyone else on the thread?
    But they have been saying the opposite to one another.
    Except the 'show me the money' debate. It was never about lack of funds. The delays have been because of issues from the pre Roland era. And because there are various members of the consortium, there has had to be signing off on individual issues, which takes time. The consortium has far more money available to them than the relatively small sum required to buy Charlton.
    They very clearly had funding problems at the start of their venture.

Was that this current consortium (Muir Mark2), or the original consortium you’re referring to?
    Since Muir has been the main mover and shaker I am puzzled as to how folk are still saying money is the problem......it’s only a problem if he is drawing a line under the amount that he personally is prepared to stump up.
    Left to him there’s enough to buy us several times over.....so how is lack of wonga an issue.....it beats me?
    I've always thought the two consortiums are one and the same, just with added backers.

Why would Muir want to risk all his available money? He's worked all his life to amass that wealth, he's not going to risk it all on one venture.

Apologies for getting the DOUCHER / Colin thing mixed up, as they are not the same person retract my earlier statement and change it to Doucher / NLA have been correct more than anyone else on the thread, imo. Yes, they've got things wrong at times, but not as much as others.
  • Any chance of this thread reaching 1000 pages before the takeover is done? :lol:
  • I think it's time to set up some sort of self-help group.

Good idea. I can’t work out why I’m drawn to this thread.

I gave up on Eastenders and Coronation Street years ago, and yet this is all essentially the same thing. Dastardly tales, character assassinations, rumours, whispers, spite, malice, lies and more. Could the first CL murder be in the offing? All of human life exists in these pages.

What happens when a natural conclusion is reached? Sign me up @grumpyaddick
  • JamesSeed said:

One thing i forgot to mention is that my chap was singing the praises of Andrew Muir, who genuinely sounds like a top man. He loves meeting fans, just like old Roland.
    Oh, wait a minute....

Well he’s al
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

No, different people.

Over and out.
    rubbish - i said to airmen in october 'if it was happening, it ain't now' so how that equates to no takeover talks is beyond me - and how you've invented me asking how long dd takes i don't know - no proper dd undertaken then - drop your obsession, its doing you no favours and don't try and kid anybody u aren't into petty squables and point scoring - that's what you do but in my case you've lost badly so suck it up and move on
    Definitely should be a politician.
  • Scoham said:

I made it up but Richard Cawley shows my sources are reliable.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-will-not-block-summer-exit-for-winger/
    Australian Andrew Muir is still waiting for his bid to buy the Addicks to pass the EFL’s ‘fit and proper’ test to conclude his takeover of the South London club.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!